Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2001 1:51:18 PM EDT
Last year before and during the election, I practically received mail from NRA every couple of weeks, to which some of them I did contribute.
Now since after the election and after I renewed my membership, I haven't received a single piece of mail from NRA except for my American Rifleman magazine.
This came as a surprise to me since I was a regular contributor. I know I can still contribute anytime, but I'm surprised that NRA doesn't ask me anymore.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I hadn't received any for a couple months.  But now it looks like they are starting back up as I have received several.  My guess is you will be receiving one shortly.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 2:34:52 PM EDT
[#2]
You have too much time on your hands to be worried when the NRA PVF/ILA is going to send you a solicitation letter.  Don't worry I am sure that you will be receiving some very soon.  Sometimes you have got to be careful what you wish for.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I get them most every day, I can send you some of mine.  I also am now getting them from every group that has seen a picture of a gun.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 2:53:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You have too much time on your hands to be worried when the NRA PVF/ILA is going to send you a solicitation letter.  Don't worry I am sure that you will be receiving some very soon.  Sometimes you have got to be careful what you wish for.
View Quote

I'm not worried....just surprised. Especially during the time with the U.N. deal going on.
I actually don't mind the letters. I actually find them informative with what is going on legally around the nation with firearm laws.
I do get a lot from my state rifle association though. Mostly informing me of meets/events in the area.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I just received a gun poll with the obvious questions we must have all seen.

Then it doesn't ask for a donation, but to renew my membership.  Problem is I'm either Endowment or higher.

I did recently purchase some stuff from the on-line store which might be the reason.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm not worried....just surprised. Especially during the time with the U.N. deal going on.
I actually don't mind the letters. I actually find them informative with what is going on legally around the nation with firearm laws.
I do get a lot from my state rifle association though. Mostly informing me of meets/events in the area.
View Quote

Yep, I gots my letters about the UN and gun control too.  I agree, I personally kinda like to read some of those letters because it gives me some insights on that they are going to do with the money.  We're in big trouble here in Calif.  The legislture just passed a firearms owners licensing bill and is waiting for Gov. Davis' signature.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Tell them you're not sending money until they vow to support ALL firearms owners. Right now they're pushing under the rug the black rifle crowd so that they can show a "kinder and gentler" membership.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 4:10:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I received a certificate (Diploma) for my contributions last year. I'm going to put it up on wall. Can't wait till I get another. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 4:32:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I joined about 2 years ago...

Since then, I've received solicitations from them almost weekly...

I've contributed to them several times, but it seems all my contributions have been wasted on further solicitations to me...

I can't imagine the postal cost for all the junk mail they've sent me...

Seems they could have run a few TV commercials instead...

I can't afford to send $$$ every time they ask for it...

I'm actually getting a bit fed up with it & don't send $$$ anymore...

I was going to join my wife, but I didn't want to double the junk mail they send me...
.....It's a bit ridiculous
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top