Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2001 12:09:34 PM EDT
My wife is in the market for a Beretta Tomcat Titanium. I was checking the local pawn shops for one and while looking into a glass case there staring back at me was an HK p7m8. On the price tag was, get this $300. Here in my neck of the woods its all ranchers and farmers. The majority of guns sold here are lever actions and pump shotguns. I asked them what the deal with it was and they said "it's some pocket pistol a lady brought in on pawn" I asked what the bottom dollar was with a concealed permit since you can skip the background check. "$250 out the door" I almost passed out. I had a hard time not giggling while writing the check. This shop has such high prices on their other stuff that I don't feel to bad. BTW what's one worth with a date code of IE (1984) with the box, manual, factory target, cleaning brushes and both mags, with everything in pristine condition??[beer] thanks idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 12:12:44 PM EDT
About $700-800 in that condition around here.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 12:13:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/8/2001 12:23:04 PM EDT by mtnpatriot]
Originally Posted By idaho-ar15: BTW what's one worth with a date code of IE (1984) with the box, manual, factory target, cleaning brushes and both mags, with everything in pristine condition??[beer] thanks idaho-ar15
View Quote
Only about $175. So I'm willing to pay you $250 plus shipping so you don't feel like you got had. Alright? fat fingers
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 12:17:34 PM EDT
MTnpatriot, sure but I have a bridge that I need to sell, how about we make a deal for both?? [-!-!-] idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 12:24:56 PM EDT
[beer][:D]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 12:27:33 PM EDT
idaho, you must have been doing plenty of good deeds lately, consider yourself lucky and enjoy!!
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 4:38:16 PM EDT
Definitely count yourself lucky! Only one person I know has one of those. Others I've talked to say it's rare since it's sort of pricy compared to others in its class (but isn't that true of most H&Ks?). Enjoy it, hombre. [^]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 5:31:03 PM EDT
Smokin' deal. Congratulations
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 5:32:28 PM EDT
VERY nice! I pays to 'slum it' at the pawn shops occasionally. FWIW, NIB P7M8s sell for about $1100. You could easily have paid $800-900, assuming it is not a refurb. My story is similar, got a P7M10 in .40S&W for $650. They only made the M10s for two years, so they sell for around $1400.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 6:01:38 PM EDT
I hate you. Nothing personal, but I hate you. [img]http://members.aol.com/govtthug/images/govtthug.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 6:18:30 PM EDT
WOW!! That was one hell of a deal you got! Man and I thought I was lucky... About a month ago I went by a gun shop I frequent which had recently relocated across the parking lot and they had a dump bin in the middle of the shop with various odds and ends in it. Well, I was digging around towards the bottom and I come across a clear plastic bag with 6 AR15/M16 Beta C Mag Feed Towers in it. I asked the guy what the deal was with them and he said that he had them a while and just wanted to get rid of them. I boldly said in jest "Well..I'll give you $5 bucks for them." He said" ok sounds fair to me." I almost had a cow. These are $20 each the cheapest I have found. I sold 4 of them already for $25 each! I almost feel bad but the guy at the shop is a real cheap bastard about everything so I think he was trying to make up for it ... either way I made out! John
Top Top