Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 6/7/2001 8:30:03 PM EST
I was looking at the Wilson CQB 1911; and was very impressed with it's workmanship and tolerances. Does any one know anything about them? Good or Bad ... Also you 50 guys is the Barrett 99 a good entry 50 cal ? I have read one report (NRA) giving a great review. What's the talk. Both of the above are on my hit list. So I would appreciate any insight. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:42:43 PM EST
Barrett? Buy it. I have shot the M82A1 (being a southpaw, it's the only one I can shoot effectively) and I am MUCH impressed with it as a rifle! I have no argument with Wilson Custom Shop work - I have had occasion to play with it from time to time. However, I prefer the 1911/1991 striaght out of the box, for daily carry. A few low-buck mods and some polish work, and I have a solid, accurate pistol that I'm not afraid of its getting knackered about in daily use. I think in that direction with ALL my firearms - nothing I have is IPSC/Comp/IPPA/Whatever high level, but it WORKS EVERY TIME! FFZ
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:47:29 PM EST
The Wilson 1911 pistols are good. I shot one of them. A real track driver. The Barrett rifles are mean. At least, I think they are lighter than the AR-50.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:03:00 PM EST
the wilson 1911 is a good gun, but i think you pay a few hundred bucks more just for the "Wilson" name i agree with FreeFire Zone, get a basic colt 1991 for $500, out of the box a good gun, want more thrills and frills you can take it to a good gunsmith and put $200-300 into it and make it better than a kimber for the same cost, or put in $1000 and make it as good as a Wilson for my 1911 -- i bought a caspian frame, went to a gun show and bought a good colt slide and barrel, and colt misc parts, total cost around $400-500, took it to Kings gun works, $200 worth of Kings parts and gunsmithing turned a gunshow parts gun into a real tack driver.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 1:07:49 AM EST
what feefire and la said about 1911
Top Top