Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 6/7/2001 4:49:47 PM EST
Okay guys I am a little drunk, doesn‘t happen often so get ready and reel. I need some help on a BB GUN. Yes, I know a BB GUN! Ever since I got back into shooting approx. three years ago I have wanted a BB GUN. No, I do not have my first BB GUN since I passed it down to my little brother whom has no clue where it is at this time. A couple of considerations: I live in a rural area where there is a wal-mart and k-mart, which is it! I live with in the city limits. I have to have a BB GUN because my back yard has 5 huge Beach Nut trees and surrounded on either by multi trees creating a canopy. Also, I have a 50 foot wide river as my back boundary. When there is no crow (blackbirds) to wake me up in the early A.M. I will have moving targets in the river. I know I know! Shoot with some power. Well, I can’t since I live in the CITY LIMITS. I fired a few rounds, at a target with a backstop, during the past New Year and guess who showed up 40 mins. later at the front door? Lucky for me I graduated high school with the city cop. Please give me advice on a good BB GUN that I might find at a wal mart or k mart? Time to crack another and see what kind of response I get to this thread. Isomerase
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:04:06 PM EST
Daisy 880 with a little tasco 2X scope on it and any bird within 50 yards is dead. And use pellets not BB's. That's what I had when I was growing up. The 880 is , well at least was, the most powerful 10 pump BB gun out there. I'm 27 and still break mine out when I go home on leave! I love shooting that thing.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:08:31 PM EST
Get the ones they at Tapco. [url]http://www.tapco.com/store/departments.asp?dept=65&d_name=Airsoft%3A++Full+Size+and+Mini+Machine+Guns&lev=1[/url]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:15:17 PM EST
I vote for the 880. I had one as a teenager. When I got mine they had both a rifled version and a smoothbore. I don't know if that still holds, but get the rifled version and use good quality pellets. The Daisy has a long pump lever, and it pumps up much more easily than the Crossman 760. With a decent air-rifle scope and good pellets I could punch 1/2" groups at 50 yards all day long. Lousy trigger, but I have yet to see an inexpensive air rifle that had a good one. [sniper]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:19:00 PM EST
I have an inexpensive import (Chinese) .177 cal air rifle. I bought it mail-order about 2 years ago. It uses BB's or pellets. It is a one-pump, single shot type. It is quite good for the $27 price tag. I will drill and tap it for a scope mount and put an Tasco ACCUDOT red-dot optic on it. My first BB gun was a Crossman Scout. I still have it, but it is all worn out. Plus when I shoulder it, the trigger is right at my chin, its a little one. But I will never part with it. I live in MA, and to buy a BB gun at Walmart, you have to go through all the same crap as buying a rifle or shotgun. That is why I went mail order, came right to my house, no hassles. OSA
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 6:36:28 PM EST
Get yourself a Daisy RED RYDER BB gun with a wood stock . You won't regret it . Rapid fire and reasonably accurate . My wife got me one for Christmass a couple of years ago and I love it . I don't shoot birds to much cause of all the bugs they eat but a wasps nest full of wasps is a real treat . Just remember to keep it oiled up good .
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 6:38:54 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 6:44:12 PM EST
Have another brewski [beer]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:34:56 PM EST
RED RYDER.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:45:51 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:50:50 PM EST
When I was quite a bit younger, my parents got me the Daisy 880 that I'd been begging for for years. I must've put 5000 BBs through that thing in the first few days! I still have it, but it's pretty worn out now. I keep it around for sentimental value. I originally had a Tasco 4X scope on it, and I was deadly accurate for a kid. The only problem was my arms would get so worn out from pumping it 10 times for every shot[that's what made my first .22 rifle SO enjoyable!]. At a gun show a couple years ago, I bought one of those break-open Chinese pellet rifles on a whim. It was less than $30, and I can't leave a gun show without buying something. I put a 4X32 Simmons scope on it and refinished the stock. Man, that thing is FUN! shooting it brings back memories of my Daisy 880. Except it's a lot more accurate, it has a higher muzzle velocity, and I only have to pump it once. It's pretty dang cool. Sorry for rambling, I think the cheapo Chinese rifle is a good buy. See if you can find one.
Top Top