Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2001 1:55:40 PM EDT
I just saw an article that stated that the Mayor of St. Louis removed the Georgia and Mississippi flags from City Hall because they have Confederate symbols on them.  

I think everyone from those two states should send him a letter telling him how soon you will be visiting St. Louis and how many of your tourist dollars will be spent there.

Send this to everyone you know in those two states.  In fact, send it to everyone you know.  I think he owes the United States an apology.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 1:58:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Better yet, send them a letter stating how your plans have now changed and you will NOT be spending your tourist dollars there.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#2]
That is a great idea.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:42:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Ummm, our flag no longer has the cross of St. Andrews on it.
He may have removed ours to reflect the current flag now flying.
Just an FYI.
jneal
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Am I the only one who is upset by this ?   I don't even live in Georgia or Mississippi.

I guess I am so upset because I feel that the Mayor has embarrassed everyone who lives in Missouri.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Tangle S:
Am I the only one who is upset by this?quote]

No, you're not. I live in MO also and it pisses me off. But then that is nothing new for me and St. Louis. I get pissed at them after they screw everyone else in the state during every election using ballot fraud to get what the dems want.
No disrespect to the St. Louis members here. I know it is not y'alls fault and I have a few friends living there. But I wish the whole damn city would wash into the Mississippi during the next flood. I think I'll start calling the city California East.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Who would WANNA go to St.Louis anyway ???
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I refuse to recognize the new GA state flag.

posted by kpel308 "I say put all 50 states' flags up. Save the "doing something" for something that will actually make a difference."

I agree, but the problem is "they" think they are doing something.

BMB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top