Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2001 6:32:52 PM EDT
I have a couple of friends who bought these crappy little things ( against my advise, I'm a 1911 owner myself) what should I warn them about? Has anyone fired these things? I know the trigger pull is damned awful, anything else I should know about?
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 6:38:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 6:47:16 PM EDT
A gun dealer told a guy at a gunshow that high-points were the "real deal",I happened to be standing at another booth and over hear him say some thing to the effect of "Yea,sure SEALs and Green Berets carry SIG's,Beretta's,and H&K's,but when the rubber meets the road high-points will do the exact same thing if not a little more and you don't have to drop over half a grand for the name on the slide,oh and looky here for another $35 dollars you can get on with fiber optic sights." Got to love Ohio gunshows.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 6:47:28 PM EDT
a friend got one in a trade and it would not shoot three times in a row with out a jam. and that was with ball ammo. in it's defence we did only have two mags for it but either one seemed to jam the same. after they shoot there guns i don't think they will be satisfied.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 1:50:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 2:57:38 PM EDT
A friend and I were messing around with our rifles at 100 yards, we decided to shoot our pistols. We fired my 586 off hand a few times and got a few hits at 100yds, then got his 9mm Hi-Point, we never saw the bullets impact, finally I had to shoot about five feet in front of me to find exactly where it was hitting. So much for "Combat accuracy"! The good thing about it, if you needed a heavy object to throw, it would fit the bill.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 3:38:02 PM EDT
Ohio has lots of water. The Hi-Points could make good boat anchors. I wonder if the company owner proudly displays those pieces of crap on his wall.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 3:49:31 PM EDT
Captain Obvious is our resident Hi Point expert. Let's ask him!
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:10:39 PM EDT
i got the 9mm with the comp on it. paid 200 even for it. i have only shot it at 25 yards and while my groups are not too good, it is the only pistol i have even shot except for a glock 19 that i thought was a total POS. it will jam if not kept spotless. i also have the 9mm carbine which i love, except for the 10 round clip. never jams and is accurate as all hell. that was definitly worth the 150 bucks i spent. -jay
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:38:33 PM EDT
High Points are great guns! I really like the .45 the best it makes a great target!! Someone give me the .45 I tried to shoot it but it just jammed so I shot it with my AR10, that .308 blew it to pieces. I wonder if it's would still be under warranty.[sniper]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:47:01 PM EDT
I keep shooting high point pistols because it hurts me.........i hurt, so i keep shooting high point pistols........it`s a vicious cycle.........[chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:59:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/7/2001 4:58:13 PM EDT by ILove2Shoot]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:10:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 6:42:38 PM EDT
I agree with everyone here. I've seen High Point pistols at gun shops before. They look like a toy gun from the 60's. A joke! Now, I have a 995 Carbine. It was my first firearm purchase. I was naive. However, I DO like it. It is a lot of fun to shoot. The ONLY thing I would say is, stay away from Pro Mag magazines. They jam EVERY time in my rifle. However, the factory mags work pretty flawlessly. Very few jams.
Top Top