Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2001 3:58:12 PM EDT
I'm thinking about getting a new upper for my CAV-15.  I'd like to get an A2 with full front sights, and a free floated bull barrel.  Some of my concerns:

1) I'd like the rifle to be light in weight.  It is actually for my wife so weight is important.

2) I'd like to be able to attach a harris bi-pod to the handguards to keep it "free floated".

3) I'd like to have it as accurate as possible but accuracy isn't the end-all.  So here in lies the title of the thread.  What are the accuracy potentials of the 16, 20, and 24 inch bull barrels?  What are the weight differences between them?

Any advice as to options, manufacturers, etc.. would be appreciated.  BTW I like the free floated handguards with the rails on all four sides by Fulton Armory.  Are there any other similar hg's out there?
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 4:05:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a Bushy in 16", ltwt or M4 profile.  I regularly put 9 of 10 into a combat silhouette at 300 yds with a 16" 'no-name' with cheap ammo. IMO free float is not necessary for a combat rifle, there is always the possibility of foreign matter in the handguard.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 4:08:37 PM EDT
[#2]
It has a 16" A3 HBAR on it now.  How does one id the manufacturer of an upper?
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top