Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 11:29:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been silently watching this mess unfold for several days now & you know what?

Na-na, na-na-na-na, hey-heeeey, good bye!

antiUSSA seemed to enjoy moderating based what he did and did not like personally. There have been many attacks on people that he just let roll on and on. There was no consistency.

Watch that screen door anti........[-!-!-]

Link Posted: 6/6/2001 11:47:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Whoah!  I just realized something:

Quoted:
Aparently, doing what I was initially placed here to do, was a bit to controversial for the Admins... They suffered the stress' from dealing with the troll [b]complaints about me[/b], not the other way around.

FWIW: I'm outta here! ;
View Quote

I guess there good reason why people were always complaining about him, huh?

The other moderators here are fantastic and friendly.  
They always make my visits here a pleasure.  

[b]AntiUSSA was just plain NASTY.[/b]

Link Posted: 6/7/2001 12:49:33 AM EDT
[#3]
antiUSSA was the weak link and got his sorry ass kicked off the Island!  A Reporter is supposed to report the news and not make it. Anti needs to take a long rest and read some self help books on Rage Management.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 1:02:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As a whole, we "gun nuts" are a dying breed and shouldn't attack each other.
View Quote

Therein lies the truth..........
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 1:06:12 AM EDT
[#5]
AntiUSSA wasn't called the "Goderator" for nothing, you know.

It kind of always bothered me how he selectively enforced the rules, too. Personally, I think his overbearing style drove away more decent, legitimate, and contributing members than trolls or miscreants.

I had a few bouts with him at one point in the past and he was deleting perfectly harmless posts of mine out of pure spite until I agreed to respect his authority and submit to his superiority. I just never did understand how that was any way to build a cohesive group.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:03:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Anti, we will miss you.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:12:58 AM EDT
[#7]
ALways seems like the TURDS win.

antiUSSA, you are GOOD people, and you will be missed.

I'd be willing to make a wager - 95% of the people who had a problem with antiUSSA are not yet 20 yrs old, and are incapable of controlling their mouth or their libido.

With antiUSSA leaving, the TURDS win. and THAT is a shame.

Peace, antiUSSA. You've earned it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:16:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By David Hineline:

Look back through history where the most board fighting has taken place and there was AntiUssa and his style of moderation inciting other members to riot.

David Hineline

one of the few confident  enough of himself not to use a CB handle.
View Quote

Confident?? Is that what you consider yourself???

Personally, I gotta think that ANYONE that could let an internet discussion board drive them to "riot" (no matter WHAT happens on that board) is a person of weak charachter (or at best immature)

Usually, David I enjoy and agree with your posts, but this one is pure crap.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:45:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Hate to see all of this.  Hate to see Tim leave and I hope he's back soon.  Regardless of all the hype and juvenile BS, bottom line is that he is an asset to those of us who take the RKBA seriously.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 6:37:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I hope everything gets worked out around here.  There seems to be a lot of bruised egos and hurt feelings.  I try to abide by he rules since I don't own or pay for this site, and since I don't see any advertisements on this site, someone is personally paying for all of the hardware communications costs.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 6:45:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd be willing to make a wager - 95% of the people who had a problem with antiUSSA are not yet 20 yrs old, and are incapable of controlling their mouth or their libido.
View Quote

I'll take you up on that wager. I'd agree that the folks who disgreed with anti in the most vocal and repulsive manners are probably youthful. But I genuinely believe that the above offer is a wager that you would lose and in reality is just a lame attempt to discredit and marginilize those of us who did not particularly care for anti-s brand of "moderation".
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 6:56:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Aparently, doing what I was initially placed here to do, was a bit to controversial for the Admins... They suffered the stress' from dealing with the troll complaints about me, not the other way around.
View Quote

anti:

Sorry, I don't think you were made a mod so you could make up your own set of rules on a whim and then enforce them selectively based on whom you liked and agreed with vs. those you did not.  You selectively locked threads and modified peoples posts for the same reasons.  That is what you did and therefore have no one to blame for yourself for the people you upset.   All people want is to be treated fairly, if you don't understand that or can't do that then you shouldn't be a mod.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:11:24 AM EDT
[#13]
When I first started looking at the posts here at AR15.com I didn't like Anti much. Afer a while I begain to understand him and his ways. Your an Ok guy and if Mcuzi hates  you then I like even more.

red man
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:15:20 AM EDT
[#14]
I didn't like Anti like many of us but what is wrong with him? Is it a physical sickness?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:24:22 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm sorry to see a modirator go.  I was not really paying any attention to the crap that was going on concerning anti.  

I used to be a member of ak47.net and left that board a couple of months back because of all of the immature garbage going on.  The GD over there was a joke.  

Anyway, thanks to the moderators and I hope to see anti back.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:24:59 AM EDT
[#16]
[b]WTF![/b]My computer has been down the last couple of days,I finally get back online and the first thread I read is this crap.some of you here should be a ashamed of yourselves.Tim,wither you love him or hate him has done more for this site and the RKBA than most of you will do in a lifetime.I for one feel his presence here will be sorely missed. mmk
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:58:16 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View Quote

Hey buddy, what do you have against young people? It seems every time someone doesn't agree with you, you start off on the age thing, and how "I bet they don't even own ARs". Well I bought my first at 18, and now 8 yrs later have four. I bet just as many old guys on here don't own ARs.

It's a weak argument: "All young guys are not in control of themselves!" That's a wide brush you paint with. It's as bad as if someone said - "Christians are hypocritical zealots!"

All the under 20yr olds are good enough to die for your religious freedom but not good enough to post on an internet forum with you?

Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:39:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hey buddy, what do you have against young people? It seems every time someone doesn't agree with you, you start off on the age thing, and how "I bet they don't even own ARs". Well I bought my first at 18, and now 8 yrs later have four. I bet just as many old guys on here don't own ARs.
View Quote

First off, I've NEVER discounted anyones arguments on this forum SOLELY becasue they don't own a firearm. My FAVORITE NRA members are teh ones that DON'T own guns, primarily because they "get" it, as to what freedom is all about.

Quoted:
It's a weak argument: "All young guys are not in control of themselves!" That's a wide brush you paint with. It's as bad as if someone said - "Christians are hypocritical zealots!"
View Quote

YES, it IS a weak argument - and one I have NEVER made. I've never said ALL young people are not in control of themselves. I have indicated that those "out of control" and "unable to control themselves" are USUALLY young people. Insurance stats and auto death stats will back me up on that.

For those counting, that would be TWO false charges you have accused me of. ONLY leading credence to the assumption that your whole post is "out of control."

Quoted:
All the under 20yr olds are good enough to die for your religious freedom but not good enough to post on an internet forum with you?

View Quote

AS I have indicated before, and as backed up by several rather famous military officers, the REASON that 20 yr olds are chosen for deadly missions is BECAUSE they are "out of control." The self-control that those of us who have MORE life expereince than a 20 yr old have gained, GETS SOLDIERS KILLED. It is the very invincibility of youth, them thinking they are bullet proof,  that makes them effective soldiers. Us more cautious old farts would endanger the mission, and likely get us all killed.

I got nothing against "young shavers." Mostly, they got something against themselves - as they are too full of piss and vinegar to shut up and benefit from those with greater life experience than themselves, so that THEY don't have to experience life's lumps in as brutal a fashion as  the old farts have.

That's all.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've been silently watching this mess unfold for several days now & you know what?

Na-na, na-na-na-na, hey-heeeey, good bye!

antiUSSA seemed to enjoy moderating based what he did and did not like personally. There have been many attacks on people that he just let roll on and on. There was no consistency.

Watch that screen door anti........

View Quote

You forget there are other Mods here too. He wasn't the only one who is supposed to stem the flow of personal abuse & attacks.

Just for general info.  The flame war a couple days ago may have prompted compliants & a request to step down for a while.   During that flare up antiUSSA was the only Mod showing up on the main home page showing users logged on.  Since he was the only Mod showing, he was suspected of being the source of deleted posts with no comments.  Any Admin could have been the source & later another Mod continued the deletions without comment.

The deletions occurred for violations for the Forum code of conduct. [blue]By registering for the forums you, the user, admit to being over the age of 13. You are fully responsible for any information or file supplied by this user. [b]You also agree that you will not post any copyrighted material that is not owned by yourself[/b] or the owners of these forums. In your use of these forums, you agree that you will not post any information which is vulgar, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws.[/blue]

Trying to tear this site down by posting links to an alternative/antagonistic site should not be tolerated. Complaints about such deletions should be ignored.

Link Posted: 6/7/2001 3:13:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#22]
As a Mod I think there is not enough deletion of posts & topics that violate the usage agreement.

I however feel it should just be done in silence & not get into name calling and insulting.

Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:17:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I really think too many of us take things WAY to personally.  I regularly post [B]sarcastic[/B] comments with jest intended and am somewhat amazed when others really freak out, like I banged their mother or something.  I think we have a lot of that here.

Personally I am friends with Tim, have enjoyed his company (in person) immensly.  I have not encountered his moderating much as I rarely post anything that gets moderated.

BUT, I have a great many of friends on this board that I know to be neither immature or obnoxious, and they can't stand Tim.  What does this mean?

I think both sides need to drop their egos and let it go under the bridge.  I think Tim did do a valuable service weeding out trolls, but in the process locked horns with some regular members who didn't want to back down.

My best to Tim and his non-troll critics, may you both be content with yourselves.

I have only been moderated once here, by Ed himselve when I posted a rather funny link to an Embryo(glio) spoof.  It was deleted because there was a lot of "tension" at the time.  I just went on with my business...  I'll post it later when Ed's not looking [:)]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Edited because how much money being made or lost on the LEGP is Castle Arms business and no one elses and like Dave said the personal attacks have to stop.
Striker.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:37:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Anti shouldn't have to retire from the GD forum mods. Whoever gave him a hard time and all the stress should have to go or somethin

Mikie
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 6:09:30 AM EDT
[#32]
QCMGR:

I noticed you voiced a concern ref antiUSSA's inability to tell you how much money Castle was losing on the LEGP.  That concern caused you to wish to see him in a particular place.  You asked the wrong person.

Castle Arms is a partnership.  AntiUSSA knows ARs & firearms very well.  I don't know firearms to his level but I had enough financial resources to take on the LEGP for this Board.  Taking into account all the telephone time, travel & gun show exhibits, unpacking, repacking and shipping expenses we will lose money.  Since I handle the finances of Castle Arms anti could not give a firm answer or really get specific.  Come to think of it, you are correct how much we have made or lost is our business.  

DBrewer's statment that "No one is losing money on the deal" I believes covers the Board members.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 6:44:59 AM EDT
[#33]
G&B:

Regardless of my personal opinions about how AntiUSSA moderated this site, I happen to think that you both provided a great service to the AR15.com community by making the LEGP available.

just my .02
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 6:57:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Take care and best wishes!

and try to stay away from the doctor [:D]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 7:35:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
G&B:

Regardless of my personal opinions about how AntiUSSA moderated this site, I happen to think that you both provided a great service to the AR15.com community by making the LEGP available.

just my .02
View Quote

Thanks for the vote of confidence in the LEGP. That said, regardless of your opinion of me, you are still one of the primary people involved the other day who continually posted copyrighted material & personal attacks on antiUSSA for deleting them.  

BTW  I believe I may have seen some less than flattering comments directed at me on your site by you.  Not knowing who is really behind all the fake IDs makes the posts insignificant but still makes me think your statement is just a selfserving attempt to stay in good graces here, knowing you went too far.

Lets see how many of your "thousands of IPs" you can go through or not in the future here. That would be better proof of good intent.

Link Posted: 6/8/2001 7:58:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Just a few humble ideas from someone who rarely checks out this forum.
1. When you delete threads-don't give an answer why or justify it. The rules do that. Most other boards seldom give an answer why, and they seem to work well. If people don't like it-oh well. It's like parenting. Do have to tell your kids [b]why[/b] they should obey you and the rules of your house, or justify your power? No.
2. Get a private mod forum so we don't get big shitfest posts like this. Especially for inter-moderator arguments. That only compromises respect for the moderator status.
My .02. I'm off to the forums I find more useful.......
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Grin&Barrett:

Thanks for the vote of confidence in the LEGP. That said, regardless of your opinion of me, you are still one of the primary people involved the other day who continually posted copyrighted material & personal attacks on antiUSSA for deleting them.  

BTW  I believe I may have seen some less than flattering comments directed at me on your site by you.  Not knowing who is really behind all the fake IDs makes the posts insignificant but still makes me think your statement is just a selfserving attempt to stay in good graces here, knowing you went too far.

Lets see how many of your "thousands of IPs" you can go through or not in the future here. That would be better proof of good intent.

View Quote

[b]

Out of respect for the membership here, I have attempted to stay out of the fray and have tried not to make any inflammatory remarks.

BUT !!:  

I do not recall ever making any disparaging comments or remarks about YOU. I DID make comments about AntiUSSA after he REPEATEDLY abused his position as moderator of AR15.com.   Since it has been stated repeatedly (and for quite some time!), I will not take the time to go into detail about his irrational behavior.  I do, however, feel some pity for AntiUSSA after reading about his medical, emotional and marital problems.

As you read through the 4 pages of this thread, you should easily come to the conclusion that there are an overwhelming number of members that feel that he was not acting in a rational or impartial manner.  This behavior was NOT simply limited to the past week.  It has been ongoing for quite a long time.

As I stated publicly to the Avilas, I DID behave somewhat childishly and posted some inappropriate comments here and at the [url]www.McUZI.com[/url] site after AntiUSSA kept deleting EVERY POST that I attempted to make here.  The posts that he had deleted did NOT contain inappropriate material or comments.  He deleted firearms related news posts, questions, and other messages that were well within the bounds of the regulations of this site.

[red]He was just being spiteful and immature. In other words:  "He was being AntiUSSA" [/red]

You are obviously biased toward AntiUSSA since you have a financial interest in his success or failure.  Therefore, my response is directed at the membership here since you are attempting to mislead and obfuscate the true facts of what transpired.

In reference to the LEGP rifle, I do not care to know about the financial aspects of this "deal" that you and AntiUSSA have conjured up.  I have no benefit to gain by speaking positively or negative of it.  I actually believe that you did a good thing for the membership and it does look like a very nice firearm indeed.

I also do not feel that I need to do anything to get back in "Good Graces" with anyone.  I was man enough to admit that I did something inappropriate and apologized to EdSr and Goatboy directly and on this site.  I have rarely, if ever, seen AntiUSSA do the same!

If you believe that I have knowingly posted any copyrighted material here, I urge you to post links or references to said material so that we may all have the opportunity to evaluate it.

Thank you and have a nice day ... And , to quote AntiUSSA:  [-!-]

[/b]

Link Posted: 6/8/2001 10:12:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Well Grin&Barrett,  I guess you've been told!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! [sex]

Link Posted: 6/8/2001 11:08:32 AM EDT
[#39]
I think this whole situation is very unfortunate.  antiUSSA is a live wire per say, and can be hard to deal with at times.  However, with all the trash that has been floating around here lately I can't blame him for getting frustrated.  I do so hope that when all this calms down a little that he is given another chance and is reinstated.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I do so hope that when all this calms down a little that he is given another chance and is reinstated.  
View Quote

Are you joking or are you serious about this?

AntiUSSA should concentrate on health and marriage and become a "regular 'ol member" here.

He seems like a nice enough guy and very pro-rkba but was the GD Nazi!  Total lack of fairness and equality.

I have no ill will to him as a person. BUT He should never given back the priviledge of randomly deleting and locking posts of users he disagrees with.  (and I do not mean the porn crap, he deleted posts of people he didn't like just out of spite and violated all of the rules himself)

[spank]  [spank]  [spank]

Link Posted: 6/8/2001 1:37:51 PM EDT
[#41]

OK.  LET'S SEE WHAT *EVERYONE* THINKS OF ANTIUSSA's REIGN AS MODERATOR.

It's a Poll (alot of people are afraid to post what they really think if their names are attached)

[b][url]antiussapoll.homestead.com/files/index.htm[/url][/b]

IMHO: A GOOD moderator should receive less than 5-10% "less than good" votes.

Let the games begin!
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 1:55:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#43]
C'mon Drew, you know how polls work.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 1:58:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I think its safe to say this poll has been truly already corrupted with some extra votes on both side.
View Quote

I noticed !  That's not what I am looking for.

I just asked the web polling company to change it to restrict it to a single vote per IP address.

Now it will be fair.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 2:03:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
C'mon Drew, you know how polls work.
View Quote

Looks like it's working now. (blocking more than 1 vote per IP)

Alxnet said that there have been 278 individual IP's registered so far for this poll.

I'll try to get them to "zero" it out.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 2:06:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Fact of the matter is, AntiUSSA isn't here right now to speak for himself. So as far as I am concerned people can poll moderator perfomance any way they want.

Having had a short email exchange with Tim, I still have mixed feelings about his departure. For the most I feel his departure is a loss, that with the piece of AR15.com history Tim and me have been part of.

So do the fair thing, contact him on email. Talk to him, polling him on his past performance just adds up to nothing.

Kuiper
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 2:15:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Fixed.  NEW poll with IP restriction is up and running.

Drew Out.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Grin&Barrett:
QCMGR:

I noticed you voiced a concern ref antiUSSA's inability to tell you how much money Castle was losing on the LEGP.  That concern caused you to wish to see him in a particular place.  You asked the wrong person.

Castle Arms is a partnership.  AntiUSSA knows ARs & firearms very well.  I don't know firearms to his level but I had enough financial resources to take on the LEGP for this Board.  Taking into account all the telephone time, travel & gun show exhibits, unpacking, repacking and shipping expenses we will lose money.  Since I handle the finances of Castle Arms anti could not give a firm answer or really get specific.  Come to think of it, you are correct how much we have made or lost is our business.  

DBrewer's statment that "No one is losing money on the deal" I believes covers the Board members.
View Quote

First off, I said I would see him in hell, not send him there.  Second, he brought it up originally, not me.  Third, If he is a nice guy, don't ban him.  If he is a good moderator, live and let live.  Also,  censorship is a slippery slope.  I see Striker edited my post. That's fine, I will see you in hell also.  You are no better than the gun grabbers protecting people for their own good.

Finally,   I bought an ArmaLite instead.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 2:55:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
See you in hell AntiUSSA:

I asked the guy about all the money he was losing on the LEGP.  Could not get a strait answer.

(To all the f-cks who want to try to explain it, you are missing the point.  No one is losing money on the deal.)
View Quote

And that will be the last of that kind of attack! That is the kind of BS I tired of seeing here ever day and night!

Dave Dee
NRA/ILA Member
AR15.com Moderator of Reloading Forum
A great place to get answers to your reloading questions.
View Quote

The truth will set you free.  Tim brought it up, not me.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top