Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 6/6/2001 1:45:52 PM EDT
Alright guys....what's a good price for a nice used P226 nowadays? I've got the chance to get one for $425 out the door. Is that a goog deal with i factory mag and one aftermarket mag. Thanks in advance.......Sheldon
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 1:49:44 PM EDT
Yes it is if the orignal mag is a 15 rd preban. My 02. Great gun, and if the original mag isn't, it is still a good buy. - AlamoGuy
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:03:16 PM EDT
About average price. Should be 95% plus hi cap factory mag. I wouldn't sell mine for that though.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:11:15 PM EDT
I paid 425 6 months ago for mine with the original two normal capacity mags. Sounds like a deal to me. Rick
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:12:03 PM EDT
SHELDON: Check the frame out (rails) very carfully. I cracked two sig 226's and a shooting buddie of mine cracked his 226 within 1000 rounds. About 400 rounds of silvertips and the rest mild reloads. Sig did send me new guns but after that I sold them and bought glocks.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:30:48 PM EDT
Rail cracks were experienced in the older 226, I thought Sig fixed that problem long ago. I have a couple 226 with multiple thousand rounds down the barrel with out cracks (15 rounder model). Anyone else have this problem?
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:43:45 PM EDT
Nary a problem. I pack one at work and home.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 5:23:46 PM EDT
Thanks guys for the replies. I'm going to really look it over good. I bought some reloading gear from this guy and as an afterthought figured I better give the inside of the barrel a good look as well. That 1 aftermarket mag may be a reloading victim....hmmmm. I had bought a Beretta 92 FS for my wife about 10 years ago, but have always felt the triggers felt better on the Sigs. I believe the Sigs were a little more expensive as well. My main gripe I think is that I'm a lefty and the controls for the Sig are a bit awkward to operate. I think I will get this one if there are no mechanical problems. Cosmetically it looked like new.
Top Top