Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#1]
If you don't like the job the NRA is doing, join and vote to get Neil Knox and his followers in office.
I firmly believe w/o the NRA, we would be as disarmed as Austrailia.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I firmly believe w/o the NRA, we would be as disarmed as Austrailia.
View Quote

that says it all. End of discussion.

And what thanks do they get from some people??? You are reading it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"We just happen to think that jamming that message down everyones throat is NOT the way to EVENTUALLY get everyone else to believe that as well." (garandman)

The above statement was yours and I believe was an endorsement for "toning it down". Toning it down has gotten us where we are at today. Timidness hasn't seemed to win over any anti's that I'm aware of.
View Quote

NOW you are starting to get close to the heart of the matter.

The antis are a lost cause. We'll NEVER convince them, 'cuz they are INCAPABLE of logic, as they have sold their bodies, minds and souls to "agenda."

The ONLY thing that will work with them is FORCE. BRUTE FORCE. But we aren't yet to the point where that is necessary (we MAY only be one generation away)

However...

...the guys with the NRA hats turning their noses up at your Class III (which I would all drool and lust over if I walked by) do you think "brute force" will bring them into teh fold??

No. Calm, dispassionate logic, reasoning and discussion and education is the way to go. "I hate the NRA" ain't gonna WOW them into agreeing with us.

You are preaching to the choir. I agree with your principles. MOST people here do. Its your methodology that is suspect, IMO. If I were you, and wanted to make a change in teh NRA, I would work from within, NOT bash it from without.

Honestly, I think you are letting your frustration (a frustration I SHARE) get the better of you.

View Quote

What I'm FOR is making Heston, LaPiere, and the entire board, wear the AR15.com long sleeve t-shirt when they address their own constituents. Only then would I be convinced that they aren't practicing gun bigotry. Heston himself said that; "no one has any need for an AK-47". That statement has always haunted me.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Bohica, one thing i want real bad right now, is a f/a ak....will i get one?..PROBABLY not....why? first, i have to find a place to shoot it, where i won`t get arrested....second, due to employment and ccw, my paw prints are in too GD many files already!...am i paranoid?..yes..should i be?..probably not....do i consider this freedom?..absolutely fu**ing NOT! what can i do about it?... i don`t know, except..support the nra (and other well carried groups-like nys rifle/pistol)..thats it!...end of my contribution to this thread.....
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:22:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:23:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What I'm FOR is making Heston, LaPiere, and the entire board, wear the AR15.com long sleeve t-shirt when they address their own constituents. Only then would I be convinced that they aren't practicing gun bigotry. .
View Quote

I'll go for that. heck, I'd be for them having it tattooed on their flippin' foreheads, so they see it in the mirror every mornin'. But as I said above, I think their are more EFFECTIVE ways to accomplish stomping out "gun bigotry." (well said)

Quoted:
Heston himself said that; "no one has any need for an AK-47". That statement has always haunted me.
View Quote

I'm NOT sure what to make of that either. I chalked it up to a "youthful indiscretion."  [:D]

Maybe he said it to throw the ANTI "blood hounds" off the trail.

Either way, teh NRA has more power and clout now than any other advocacy organization in the country. And far as I'm concerned, they are doing WAY more good than they are harm.

I can see your main concern is how their position will affect your ability to make a living as a dealer. I don't blame you for your concern. But pissing on them won't help your cause.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bohica, you might add to your credibility if you spell the name of a major citation that you give: it's called McClure/Volkmer, not McClure/Vollmer.  Don't mean to nit-pick, but this act is of particular interest to you Class 3 types, and you cited it above.  
View Quote

I stand corrected but the spell checker lets it through. I don't think it's a credibility thing.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Hum, money for ammo or money for NRA dues?   NRA? I like to shoot full auto.
I'm tired of all the NRA excuses. It's just  cheapness, and your typical "can I borrow a cigarette" types that invent reasons so they can save some face.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:45:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I LOVE THE NRA. BEST GROUP IN AMERICA. WHY? Because if it were left to all the gunowners to stand alone we would have nothing at this point. United we stand divided we fall. NRA is the biggest and most powerful lobby we have. Not that they others are bad but NRA has most influence and clout. They should be the first choice and all the others should be second to choose from. Lets face it how many gun owners even vote? How many write e-mails or letters? Come on get with it NRA is the only shot we have and I don't want to throw it away. They have lots of programs and they are doing there best. If it is not up to par with some of you guys then stop bitching and start something more effective. Until then be a member and get involved in some grass roots stuff and make a difference!!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Lougotzz:
Your a 100% right, however people like Bohica, are too stuck on only one aspect to be able to see beyond his own concerns. All he concerned about is class 3 firearms, and anyone who doesn't side 100% with him is not worth his time.

Bohica:
The class 3 firearm law was passed way the hell back in the 50's, the battle was lost and is not on the top of the list anymore. NRA/ILA is fighting gun laws that are currently trying to be passed, not ones that have been past 50 years ago and have no chance in hell about changing them. So bottom line, if you want a class 3 then move to a state that allows for them and live happy with it. Stop crying to everyone that the NRA/ILA is somehow destroying your gun rights. Because at this point I starting to think your sounding as bad as a TROLL.

Dave Dee
AR15.com Moderator of Reloading Forum
A great place to get answers to your reloading questions.
View Quote

Obviously you haven't read the entire thread, or my points in it, therefore you're just another blowhard in the mix. Read in particular page 2 where I already commented on your ignorant posts. Oh and learn to spell...

I never advocated the repeal of ANY current laws. I do live in a C3 state and own C3 weapons and don't have the NRA to thank for it. BTW, the laws that affected personal ownership of machine guns were 1934, 1968, and 1986. The '50's had nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I support the NRA, not because I agree with everything they do, but because I know we would be much worse off without the NRA.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Bobby Vincent:
I support the NRA, not because I agree with everything they do, but because I know we would be much worse off without the NRA.
View Quote
I agree and support them for over 10 years.There is an old saying that goes something like this:
"It is bad enough with bad but would be worse without the bad"Does it make any sense?For me it does.I loose more than 35 bucks a year on welfare freaks.[flag]                [flag]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 4:08:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I belong to the NRA because of what it is.

It is [b]the[/b] largest sponser of firearms competitions.

It is [b]the[/b] authority on the subject of firearms saftey.

It is [b]the[/b] authority on firearms training for law enforcement.

It is also the biggest organization fighting for our gun rights. The NRA may not be as agressive as I would like. But if more people would join and vote in the directors elections for aggressive directors that would change.

We do have other organizations that have different priorities. That is good. Support the ones you prefer.

However, remember, politicians are swayed by numbers. And the NRA has the largest membership. It gets the most respect. The others are shunned aside.

Out of, what 50-60 million gun owners?, the NRA has only some 3.5 million members. Add in the other organizations and you still won't have very many more than 4 million people. ONLY 5% of gunowners bother to belong to any gun rights organization. That's a disgrace!!!

(edited because I got a bit carried away. oops) [:D]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You're damn right your gun rights are being pissed away piece by piece...and the NRA is doing NOTHING to help you! Wake up people.

Am I now a pariah here too???
View Quote

Nothing?  Prove it.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#19]

I like what the NRA is doing more than I like what you whinny wimps are NOT doing. Some action is better than no action.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#21]
JonnieGT said it, the politicians are swayed by numbers, that is the main reason I belong to the NRA. Yes, I would like them to be a bit more aggressive on issues like the assault weapons ban, class III weapons, CCW, etc but without the NRA we would have NO contact with the legislators in Washington. That is the unfortunate reality of it and until there is a better and Larger organization of gun owners we should all support them. My opinion for what its worth. God bless all.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I have been reading this topic with great interest about the NRA.My membership expires in July.My GOA and SAF has already expired.
I do not agree with everything the NRA supports,like Project Exile, but I still want to be a member of the NRA and other groups.
My problem is my husband. He thinks that I'm wasting our money.If I send any money to the NRA or GOA I have to do it without his knowing about it.If he finds out I get a royal butt chewing that might last for hours.
I know I'm off topic some what but everytime I see a thread about the NRA I think about my situation.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 5:55:40 PM EDT
[#23]
In my opinion NRA members are the same type of people who would join labor unions.

Neither member can or will bargain for thier own rights, they must be part of the collective.

We are the Borg, resistance is futile.

I for one feel the NRA is way to civilized for my tastes.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I think the NRA has done a wonderful job. I would like to ask any of you nay sayers could you have done any better????  

We have about 34 states now with right to carry. I am not even in one. I have a discretionary syatem. You have many states with class 3. I am not in one of them either.

If we didn't have the NRA we would be gone by now. End of discussion.

1 more thing, we had a range closed down in my area. We have very little places to shoot and NRA came down to fight for that range. It got reopened then closed again the reopened. Now it is in opperation. But NRA helped. God bless the NRA!!!

UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL THATS WHY THE AMOUNT OF MEMBERS MATTER. NRA HAS THE MOST MEMBERS AND WE SHOULD ADD TO IT NOT DROP OUT.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#25]
I joined the NRA, but I also belong to GOA, SAF, USF, etc.  I try to support as many pro-gun groups as I can, but I think the reason that more people don't join is because it does become one big beg for more money.  The mail seems to come in daily with the 'gun crisis of the day' that needs lots of money.  After awhile it gets tiring, and it seems that they pick and choose their battles.  The NRA is the one that gets the most attention, but I also think that they do not support the crystal clear wording (at least to me)that is in the Second Amendment.  I think the groups should ALL band together nationwide and start the big national lawsuit to repeal all gun laws and decide if the Constitution is real and means what it says, or just words on paper.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 6:11:37 PM EDT
[#26]
i just wish they would stop mass mailing me demanding for more money and use the money they spend demanding more and sue some of these anti aholes
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 6:12:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Some more thoughts:  The NRA is the best thing going right now for us gun owners.   I agree it definitely needs some "tuning".  Become a lifer and start voting to fix it.  Also, join the GOA if you just can't put up with the NRA and their solicitations, definitely a top notch, non-compromise, organization.  Thats all I got.  C-YA
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 6:22:10 PM EDT
[#28]
[b]quote from Bohica:  "Then they should stop squandering it on the "American Rifleman" publication and use it for some plane tickets to CT to light a few more torches for us."[/b]

You know you could [b]NOT[/b] check one of those boxes..... and write a little note saying save the money and help us out......
Naaaa, that would be to easy, it's more fun to Bitch!

Why is it you feel they have to do it your way and solve all your personal issues just because you send them $25. They are doing the best they can with the resources they have....and they are currently doing it better than anyone else!  

Link Posted: 6/6/2001 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Bohica,
I don't think you have a clue about what the NRA is or is not doing.  You're not a member, you are still talking about The American Rifleman.  I suggest that you read the last six issues of First Freedom before you continue.  Do yo know what First Freedom is?
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#30]
[b]Quote from cyrax777: i just wish they would stop mass mailing me demanding for more money and use the money they spend demanding more and sue some of these anti aholes[/b]

Good point!
We should all let them know either my mail, email, or when they call, that "this waste of revenue is not acceptable".

We demand that they put there energies towards NEW members and Not existing ones!

We need to convince them that this cow will dry will stop giving milk, and they need to spread the milking!

Link Posted: 6/6/2001 6:32:53 PM EDT
[#31]
The people that bitch the most, do the least. Perhaps, Bohica should go and spend HIS money and get all of the gun laws changed to his liking. Then again, it's easier to piss and moan, instead of doing something about it. Whining crybaby.  GFY   SamC  NRA Endowment Member
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I joined the NRA, but I also belong to GOA, SAF, USF, etc.  I try to support as many pro-gun groups as I can, but I think the reason that more people don't join is because it does become one big beg for more money.  The mail seems to come in daily with the 'gun crisis of the day' that needs lots of money.  After awhile it gets tiring, and it seems that they pick and choose their battles.  The NRA is the one that gets the most attention, but I also think that they do not support the crystal clear wording (at least to me)that is in the Second Amendment.  I think the groups should ALL band together nationwide and start the big national lawsuit to repeal all gun laws and decide if the Constitution is real and means what it says, or just words on paper.
View Quote

You're absolutely right, crystal clear wording is necessary to ensure the rights of ALL gun owners and not a select few.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
i just wish they would stop mass mailing me demanding for more money and use the money they spend demanding more and sue some of these anti aholes
View Quote

I would support that for sure!
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:23:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Liberty Ship:
Bohica,
I don't think you have a clue about what the NRA is or is not doing.  You're not a member, you are still talking about The American Rifleman.  I suggest that you read the last six issues of First Freedom before you continue.  Do yo know what First Freedom is?
View Quote

What is your point here??? Did First Freedom address the issues of ALL the NRA's constituency, or is it just another mag with a new title?
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The people that bitch the most, do the least. Perhaps, Bohica should go and spend HIS money and get all of the gun laws changed to his liking. Then again, it's easier to piss and moan, instead of doing something about it. Whining crybaby.  GFY   SamC  NRA Endowment Member
View Quote

Yeah Sam...you've sure done your part to stem the tide. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 11:13:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Why do I continue to support the NRA?  HEck, that is the easiest questio I've heard this week.  I continue to support the NRA because they are the single best source of:
Support for RKBA.
Firearms training for LEO and the public.
Legal and political support to fight for things like CCW, AW ban repeal, etc.

Like everything they do?? Heck no.  But any gun owner that isn't a member of the NRA should be ashamed of himself, as the NRA has done more for gunowners than all the rest of the organizations combined.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 11:57:45 PM EDT
[#37]
-- because my local gun club/range requires NRA membership in order to be a clube/range member.

-- biggest lobby in Washington, and they can't seem to get legislation stopped or a decent case in front of SCOTUS.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 12:27:12 AM EDT
[#38]
They may not be perfect but they are the best we got in numbers and power. I dont believe 100% in everything they believe but until something better comes along I will keep supporting them.

Six
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 3:50:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Bohica -

I have YET to hear of a SINLGE thing YOU have done to support and extend RKBA in the US.

I've heard lots of bitching (pardon my French) but no action.

All I know for sure is that you are a C3 dealer, and are whining that the NRA isn't making it easier for you to make more $$$$.

So it seems to me that all your whining is ONLY that you don't have enuf money.

Which ain't MY or the NRA's problem. time to grow up, Bohica.

This is my LAST contribution to this thread.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:01:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Anyone who owns a gun and is not a member of the NRA should not discuss gun rights. Complain about your rights dwindling away and not being a member of the NRA is ludicrous!

If they had more support imagine what they could get done.

The masses never listen.......sheep. This is one issue where personal views should not get in the way. Rice is white, pig is pork, and gunowners should be members of the NRA.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:45:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Some people talk without knowing any facts about what they are talking about. S.D has been given $44,084.00 in NRA state grants, this does not take into consideration the money spent on local and state elections. Nor does it take into account the money spent for member's kids to go to college.

I used this state as an example, so the NRA has done a lot of good in this state and will continue, I wonder how much good those ranting about the NRA have done, [besides bitch].  
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:58:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Bohica -

I have YET to hear of a SINLGE thing YOU have done to support and extend RKBA in the US.

I've heard lots of bitching (pardon my French) but no action.

All I know for sure is that you are a C3 dealer, and are whining that the NRA isn't making it easier for you to make more $$$$.

So it seems to me that all your whining is ONLY that you don't have enuf money.

Which ain't MY or the NRA's problem. time to grow up, Bohica.

This is my LAST contribution to this thread.
View Quote

You all have missed the target terribly. It's not my aim to have you end your association with the NRA. This is not an issue over the $35 to join. There is probably that in change lost around the house or the couch. If you read through these posts, not one of them did anything to refute the claim that the NRA doesn't represent ALL gun owners (most importantly us fringies!)and that's why I don't support them. The only common theme here was that it's the biggest game in town, therefore I should be involved. I already addressed that earlier. I don't think the NRA does BAD things for the average gun owner but that doesn't mean I'm sending them cash to ignore me and my gun interests.

The solution is not for me to "grow up" here. I've done that and determined that I don't need to belong to anything just because it's the only thing out there. It's for all members to demand an accounting of all efforts that DIRECTLY support ALL of your interests. Do you demand any less from your politicians?

Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

If you read through these posts, not one of them did anything to refute the claim that the NRA doesn't represent ALL gun owners (most importantly us fringies!)and that's why I don't support them. The only common theme here was that it's the biggest game in town, therefore I should be involved. I already addressed that earlier. I don't think the NRA does BAD things for the average gun owner but that doesn't mean I'm sending them cash to ignore me and my gun interests.

View Quote

Bohica, you are living proof that empty barrels make the most noise. You do jacksh*t to help the RKBA cause, then you bitch and whine because you can't get what you want. It's too bad that the whole world doesn't revolve around you, isn't it?  Like I said earlier, you're a whining crybaby, Mr. Richard Cranium  GFY
SamC NRA Endowement Member
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top