Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2001 2:10:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#1]
"We just need to get it through kids' heads that there are certain things you don't say and there are certain things you don't draw," he said.
View Quote

I agree!  Get them use to not having the freedom of speech now, and it'll be that much easier to take away all their rights when their older!

What the hell is this world coming to?
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#2]
"We just need to get it through kids' heads that there are certain things you don't say and there are certain things you don't draw," he said.
View Quote

That is the biggest bunch of crap I have read in a while.

Link Posted: 6/5/2001 2:19:38 PM EDT
[#3]
and this surprises you????
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 2:20:13 PM EDT
[#4]
*sigh*
we have become a nation of pussies
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#5]
"Handcuffed for his safety"???  What, he was going to start hitting himself?  He's [b][i][size=3][red]11 YEARS OLD FOR CHRIST'S SAKE![/red][/size=3][/i][/b].

I hate lawyers and I hate lawsuits, but they need to bankrupt that school system, raze the buildings to the ground and start over from scratch.  

CaptainSKA is correct.  They're trying to indoctrinate them now.  "Freedom of speech?  What freedom of speech?"[-!-]

[pissed]

Link Posted: 6/5/2001 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#6]
"The boy was handcuffed by campus police for his safety and not because the student was violent or out of control," get real.  They make it sound like he was getting ready to commit suicide.  

"That's normal procedure in a situation like this",  oh really!! I wonder how many other situations "like this" have they had?  I guess there is no freedom of speech in schools now days.  I guess it's a good thing I'm not in school these days.  Some of the things I drew would have gotten me the guillotine!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 5:12:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Absolute Barbara Streisand.(BS) Any fool who would handcuff an 11 year old for DRAWING A PICTURE is a danger to society themself in the fact that they are so paranoid and so detached from reality that they truly are brainwashed beyond help. In typical liberal fashion he/she is  on a crusade to try to save the world (and probably the "environment" too). The fact that we have allowed to let someone with this mindset TEACH our children is enough to make one vomit. Evidently having a lobotomy no longer precludes one from becoming a teacher in the public education system. God help us.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 5:22:17 PM EDT
[#8]
It happened to me!!!
I left my binder in math class, They looked in it to find out whose it was, and I had a Bushmaster flyer in it that I had broght on request of one of my friends (lol Ironicly because of this he went out and got a Bushmaster Shorty AK, wouldnt of been my choice but [:)]) My math teacher thoght that this was so horrible that she informed the gestopo (principle and vice) I get called to there office and get locked in a conference room. I am an Honors student, take AP classes, Am in the play, and am 2nd trombone in the band and I got treated like I was the worst student they had! They tried to suspend me until my mom threatened law suit. The McArthism today in high schools is unprecidented.

"give me the schools and in a genoration I'll have the country"----Adolf Hitler

[rail]

PS if your wondering I'm a sophmore
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The classmates who turned in the student after seeing his drawings should be commended because that was the right thing to do, Schmitt said.

View Quote

Oh my.  What an example.  The right thing to do, eh?  Next time somebody points a finger at me, I should turn them in?  Is that the right thing to do you stupid whore?    

Teachers who get kids like this in trouble should be fired.  Un-f^cking-believable.

stubbs™
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#10]
How things have changed.

When I was in high school (approx. 20 years ago)I was required to write an argumentative paper in my College Prep Writing Class, my topic was 9mm vs. 45 acp.  Not only did they not arrest me but they gave me a decent grade.

That is just one of several examples.  The teachers philosophy was if we read and wrote about topics we had an interest, we would put forth more effort and learn more.  I think they were right.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#11]
This story fills me with impotent rage.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#12]
The NEA and their minions at work.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Heres the phone # for anyone in the Florida area that may want to voice their disgust the way the situation was handled.

Oldsmar Elementary School
(813) 855-7316
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 7:07:51 PM EDT
[#14]
When I was in 8th grade, our shop class project was to build a crossbow. A real, working, crossbow. We'd make the stock and the teacher would order the parts kit for us.

Hard to believe we've fallen so far, so fast.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 7:15:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Will SOMEONE please explain how being handcuffed is "for your own safety"?.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#16]
You guys have to remember that all the administrators and most of the teachers in public schools are education majors.

Education, as a field of study, is a pathetic joke.  Their students have the lowest standardized test scores, lowest grades in non-education classes, and their instructors are the least respected in the academic community.

Teaching is a real noble profession but the academic discipline of education in the modern American education system attracts the biggest morons.  It's only natural they take ridiculous actions like expelling 11 year old boys for drawing guns.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Gull durn right! We gotta ban all them darn assault pencils and that paper of mass destruction! WE GOTTA DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN!!! Next thing you know they'll be writing about God given rights and freedom!!! The HORROR...the horror[:X*]
Jim
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#18]
This is exactly the reason that I took my kids from the government sponsored schools. At least in the home they can be taught what freedom and the ability to express themselves is. People denounce homeschooling, however mine have scored extremely high in all phases of the old three r's. They do not have to be faced with intimidation and despotic powers enforced by a government sponsored entity. Fuck the schools and their administrations. I would litigate against each of those egg suckers till I bled them dry.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#19]

This touchy, feely, politacal correct crap has got to go.  When did we put these liberal morons in charge?

Does anyone know just what the picture was?  Did he draw guns killing students or something?  Even so, this was a gross over re-action.  I suppose the NEA is happy.  

Man, if my kids were young they would be in a carefully selected private school or home taught.  I wouldn't put up with this BS for one moment, even if I had to work a second job to pay for it.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 7:59:58 PM EDT
[#20]
And to think that I grew up in that neighborhood! I hope JC is coming back soon. This shtuf is unbelievable. I cannot believe that they could do this with a straight face. I can only imagine what will be next.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 8:50:11 PM EDT
[#21]
here we go agien

damn zero tolerance when people havent even done a damn thing
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 9:02:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Heres the phone # for anyone in the Florida area that may want to voice their disgust the way the situation was handled.

Oldsmar Elementary School
(813) 855-7316
View Quote

TY man. That's EXACTLY what we need to do. When we hear of things like this we need to all take the time and $2 to make a call to the place it happened and let them know what we think. Otherwise they will just slide along fat, dumb and happy thinking they did the right thing and that nobody disagrees with it.

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 9:06:56 PM EDT
[#23]
LOL man this is f@$kn funny LOL[:D] .Sorry bout that hehe *clears throat* *sighs* man im glad im home schooled now droped out of school bout 2 months ago (was a sophmore) cuz id be f'ed up right now.gather around now children grandpas gonna tell a story now about a teen & the school he went to.see this teen loved guns,military stuff,the police,& wem..never mind.well he liked to talk with his friends about how f'ed up the world is & how it would be better if the could snipe [sniper] alot of "special" people.they also liked to draw notes of them selves eliminating each other & "special" people,any way this school was a bad school when he "didnt go" to english class a few times he was called into the attendants dean & was treated like he was a inmate who was in for life,then his autos class was well not up to speed & a friends father talked to the principle & got alot of crap & a whole bunch of other stuff was rong so he droped out for home school & a full time job &......... make a long story short the school sucked a$$.alot of other schools in AZ are f@%ked up to a fith grader was charged with sexual harassment for kissing a fellow female class mate on the cheke.honnors student at another high school couldnt graduate with her class cuz she had a kitchen knife in her car & didnt even know it was there,oh & did i mention she was cuffed.these f ups & the 1 on the spotlight here are BS!!! "for there own safty,normal procedure,We just need to get it through kids' heads that there are certain things you don't say and there are certain things you don't draw" comeon,thats total BS[pissed] .*sighs*hey i agree with u all,if this shit keeps up ur gonna be looken at the next Adolf Hitler[dracula] .this worlds gone to hell.

P.S. sorry about going on like that & jumpen supjects & all.im just pissed of right now can express my self very good right now.BIBH*Y^*$(bb0nnifdnh3890-*(^*&)%$#bvopnjgopj..............[:|]
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 10:30:39 PM EDT
[#24]
The boy was handcuffed by campus police for his safety and not because the student was violent or out of control, said school district spokesman Ron Stone.
View Quote

Right. They wanted to make an example of him.

"That's normal procedure in a situation like this," Stone said. "The primary concern was to make sure we get appropriate services for the child."
View Quote

i.e. Anti-gun brainwashing.

Depending on the severity of the threat, Zambito said, the outcome for the student can be a number of things ranging from disciplinary action by the school, such as suspension or expulsion, to being arrested or taken to a hospital under Florida's Baker Act, which allows for the involuntary commitment of people who threaten or attempt to hurt themselves or others.
View Quote

They would use the Baker Act on an 11 year-old? Maybe California ain't so bad after all.

So, how many of you voted against school vouchers?

Link Posted: 6/5/2001 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#25]
zero tolerance = strict enforcement
strict enforcement = Project Exile

zero tolerance = Project Exile

Y'all are going to jail!
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 10:50:19 PM EDT
[#26]
 Hey, KBaker, not all lawyers are bad.  My dad is a lawyer, and yet he is also VERY conservative!!  He used to work for the government, and was a part of the Iran-Contra affair, defending Hatch and North.  He is currently a corporate lawyer who defends the company if anyone tries to sue.  Not all lawyers are the blood-sucking liberal scum you hear of, not all sue gun companies for illegitmate reasons.  My dad was the one who bought my Bushy for me, I didn't have the money, but I paid him later.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 10:57:35 PM EDT
[#27]
It is truly a sad day when the schools kick kids out for this sort of nonsense. My daughter got kicked out(perminantly)for having a plastic fork in her lunch sack. The school board considers it a weapon. She was not allowed to attend any school in that district which forced us to go to a private school. I guess it was really a blessing in disguise. I found out about a week ago that one of her term papers was about current encroachments on the second ammendment. I thought she made a wise choice for the topic, but then found out it had been assigned to her by the teacher.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top