Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2001 1:23:44 PM EDT
Offered by Oly Arms.

[url]www.olyarms.com/usa.html[/url]

Scroll down the page.

Whadda ya think????
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#1]
MSRP $129.00?  Thinking its not worth it for a semi-auto used for hunting and plinking. How long does a recoil spring last anyway?  Maybe better for full auto, don't have one so can't say.

Best guess, another unnecessary product to separate a fool from his money.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#2]
It may be worth it just to get rid of the annoying "spoing" sound my spring makes.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I coated my recoil spring with terta grease.

No more "boooininginginging" it now goes "slurp!"

Link Posted: 6/5/2001 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
MSRP $129.00?  Thinking its not worth it for a semi-auto used for hunting and plinking. How long does a recoil spring last anyway?  Maybe better for full auto, don't have one so can't say.

Best guess, another unnecessary product to separate a fool from his money.
View Quote

I agree.  A fix for a problem that doesn’t exist.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 5:32:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Why?  I see no point to it.  Works in all temperatures, gee, doesn't the regular one do that?
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#6]
That spoing noise is sweet music, not anoying. Grease it down a bit that will take the 'spoing' out a little
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 5:53:43 PM EDT
[#7]
[rolleyes]
To para-phrase Jeff Cooper:

"An ingenious solution to a non exsistant problem"
[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 9:05:28 PM EDT
[#8]
My Colt has never "sproioioioinggged". It just kind of goes "kuh-shwink". My buddies Bushy sproings so bad I though it was either going to fall apart or there was a slinky caught in his buffer tube. Are they different materials?
Wierd.

CS
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 9:25:02 PM EDT
[#9]
My Bushy made a twangy sproing sound 'till I greased the tube, spring, and buffer with Mobil 1
red synthetic grease...

It's slipperier than snot on a greased pig now...

Really made a BIG difference...
SMOOOOOTH & SLIPPERY !!!

No need to waste $129 on a new buffer...

$129 will buy me 1000 rounds of .223 ammo.-->$129.87 Delivered to my door
(Century Int. Arms)
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 10:37:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Interesting, and completely irrelevant ( at least for a semi auto AR)!  What problem is this $129 gizmo solving?   Besides, it looks like it weighs a ton.

[>:/]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top