Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2001 12:05:36 PM EDT
Help? Can anybody tell me if it is worth going to contacts so I can get a better sight picture at the range. I'm up for new glasses and I have bi-focals now. Most of the time I don't use them at the bench(I know that is a safety issue) because it is hard to get a good picture.Also, do you focus on the crosshairs or the target when sighting and which part of the bi-focal do you best use. Would contacts help or might I have to get bi-focals in them as well. I get blurriness now and since I do not own high quality scopes, I have no idea if it is me or the scopes(Leatherwood, Tasco, Simmons etc). Thanks
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 12:15:15 PM EDT
contacts work great for me... I couldn't stand shooting with glasses while using a scope.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 12:39:37 PM EDT
I think contacts are the way to go. Some of the issues will go away with better scopes. Quality glass makes a huge difference. I have problems trying to shoot with my glasses. my 2 cents worth.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 12:52:14 PM EDT
Contacts are the way to go. Glasses give you a flatter image and also you can only see if you look straight ahead. Depending of the curve of the lense, it can distort the crosshairs. I changed to contacts and my vision is more 3D and I can see out of the corner of my eye. The scopes I set with glasses on were all tilted, where as they looked straight with glasses on.
Top Top