BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2001 11:46:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup.  We're screwed.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#2]
What kind of horror stories have you heard about Project Exile?  Just curious...I haven't really heard anything negative about it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Hold it, Virginia is pro-gun, has a shall issue CCW law, has a Republican Governor who supports the Second Amendment, has Instant Check for gun purchases. And all Project Exile does, at least here in Va. is come down hard on Felons.

Not bad as far as I'm concerned.

Of course when the Federales try to copy it they  will screw it up trying but that's them, not us here in Virginia. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 11:56:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 11:59:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Bush was and is just another 4 years to stock up.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 11:59:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Bush wants to retain the ban on high capacity mags. He'll probably sign off on Brady when it expires, I think in 2004.

Ashcroft has been rattling his sabre, but so far no one is cutting to the chase.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 12:11:37 PM EDT
[#8]
When I said 'Felons' I meant a person who used a gun during the commision of a Felony. Thats the intent of Project Exile here in Va.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#9]
It is all about zero tolerance and strict enforcement of existing laws.

It is obvious that the people who want this have not thought it completely though.

You will have about 20,000 chances at becoming a felon.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 1:46:41 PM EDT
[#10]
We're probably all felons right now!
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 5:12:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably.  I bet almost every gun owner here is/has committed a felony, with or with out knowing it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably.  I bet almost every gun owner here is/has committed a felony, with or with out knowing it.
View Quote

Is it really that easy? Give an example.

I agree that the crack-down needs to come in the area of punishments for people who use guns in crimes, NOT on people who just purchase a gun.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 4:21:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 6:03:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Ok I live in the PRNJ, we were looking forward to instantcheck. Seems we wait 6 to 12 months for a permit in places. Or they just don't bother doing it so you go away. It would be nice if it was uniform laws accross the country. But not based on our laws. Civillians can't carry here. We are severly restricted as to what we can own or shoot.
  As a cop I see too many of those that are arrested time and time again, they get illegal guns as soon as they are out. We do need to start putting them away, forever. That works!
  We need to educate the lawmakers. Most of them do not know about the shooting sports. They see a limited value in it. Oh Diane Fienstein does, she has a permit to carry for herself.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 6:17:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
As a cop I see too many of those that are arrested time and time again, they get illegal guns as soon as they are out. We do need to start putting them away, forever. That works!
  We need to educate the lawmakers. Most of them do not know about the shooting sports.
View Quote

What is an "illegal gun"? A firearm is a firearm and EVERYONE is guaranteed the right to own WHATEVER firearm they want by the constitution!!

Who the hell cares about the “shooting sports”?  I sure don’t!  No where in the constitution does it say “for sporting purposes” or “shooting sports”.  If you want to live in a fascist state then you can move to … oh wait a minute, you already do!  It is thoughts and beliefs like yours why I moved out of PRNJ!  

Cops are supposed to uphold the constitution as it was written.  Not make their own PC interpretations about it and uphold them.

Again, another part of the problem….
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top