Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2001 3:25:24 AM EDT
Has anyone used these guys? (www.aimsurplus.com) I just realized I am right up the road from them. I could probably have my order to me in 1 day. Thanks for any info.

SuperDave
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 3:45:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Do a search for them on the forums. I've read some good things about them recently, but haven't ordered from them myself.
You need to have a FFl on file with them, before you can order. I emailed them for instructions, and they want my transfer agent to mail a signed copy of his FFL to them before I order.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 4:02:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I have ordered from them on several occasions.

Ammo prices and quality are very good, never had a problem.

They do need a copy of your FFL before you can order (perfect excuse to go get a FFL7 -Collector Of Curios And Relics License)as they occasionally have fantastic deals every now and then , for example: One Day Sale on WWII Russian M44 Rifles - $29.99!!!(missed it[>(])
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 4:04:36 AM EDT
[#3]
They just need an FFL if your ordering guns right?  They have the same South African ammo for a couple dollars more then Sportsmans guide plus they have colt "used" 30 round mags for $20. I figured the few extra dollars over sportsmans guide would be worth it for no hassle.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 4:11:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They just need an FFL if your ordering guns right?
View Quote

Yes, everybody needs a copy of an FFL if you are going to order a firearm from them.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 4:17:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I live within 30 minutes of them and buy ammo from them all the time. They are good people to deal with!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 4:31:01 AM EDT
[#6]
bwilder10h, do they have a store or is it all internet ordering?
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 4:31:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered a SAR2 from them.  Great people.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 5:05:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I've ordered rifles from them as well as ammo. No problems at all. Seem to me to be pretty good people to deal with.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 5:15:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 5:20:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Ditto, good people.  I bought my SAR-2 from them and there was no problem.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 6:28:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I got a nifty Russian M-44 from them last week for $30.  I have an adapter that allows me to shoot .32ACP out of it--shot 75 rounds out of it on Sat.--what fun!
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 6:34:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I got a nifty Russian M-44 from them last week for $30.  I have an adapter that allows me to shoot .32ACP out of it--shot 75 rounds out of it on Sat.--what fun!
View Quote

where'd you get the adapter?
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 6:38:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
bwilder10h, do they have a store or is it all internet ordering?
View Quote

SuperDave, It's not all internet ordering but it's not a store either. They do have a small area where you can walk-in and all the items are on a sale sheet and you purchase from that.

If there is an item that you are interested in that you want to take a look at, they are good about pulling one from the warehouse to let you handle/see it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 6:49:24 AM EDT
[#14]
bwilder10h, and everyone else that posted replies! Thanks! I am going to go give them a visit tomorrow hopefully pick up some mags and some SA ammo.  Makes it nice having some place close!
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 7:04:55 AM EDT
[#15]
I'll chime in, too.  I've ordered rifles, ammo, magazines, and stuff from them.  Good turn around on orders, always shipped as advertised.  Never had a problem with them in at least 5 orders in the last year or so.  Got some great 7.62 Hirtenberger from them!

-Troy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top