Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2001 11:14:54 PM EDT
I May be moving to Kalifornia in the next few months, and I don't want to lose my Firearms. I have been doing some research and here is what I found --

[red]A person moving into this state, otherwise in lawful
possession of an assault weapon, shall do one of the following:

(A) Prior to bringing the assault weapon into this state,
that person shall first obtain a permit from the Department of
Justice in the same manner as specified in Article 3 (commencing
with Section 12230) of Chapter 2.    
  (B) The person shall cause the assault weapon to be delivered
to a licensed gun dealer, as defined in subdivision (c) of
Section 12290, in this state in accordance with Chapter 44
(commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States
Code and the regulations issued pursuant thereto.  If the person
obtains a permit from the Department of Justice in the same
manner as specified in Article 3 (commencing with Section 12230)
of Chapter 2, the dealer shall redeliver that assault weapon to
the person.  If the licensed gun dealer, as defined in
subdivision (c) of Section 12290, is prohibited from delivering
the assault weapon to a person pursuant to this paragraph, the
dealer shall possess or dispose of the assault weapon as allowed
by this chapter.[/red]

All may not be lost for those of us who have little choice but to move into Kalifornia. I STILL DON'T LIKE IT, BUT I MAY HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT --- FOR NOW!!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 11:26:26 PM EDT
[#1]
just make sure everything is legal and "licensed" before you cross the demiliterized zone into gun hating,..California.

I have to ask the obvious, since gun owners are heading out of this State, WHAT, at this late stage in the game would actually make you move here. Thus risking your firearms, and the freedom that you already have now.

what could be worth all that?
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 11:33:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Why the hell do you want to move here in the first place?

There's no more AR's, Ak's, Fal's, hi-cap mags, no more power, water, money, affordable housing, too much traffic, high crime, earthquakes, overpopulation, failing dot-coms, a recession, and to top it all off, the posibility of losing your fireamrs and becomeing an instant crimial?

What the hell made you want to come here in the first place?
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 11:43:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, we can all see how far this will go.

It's a permit so that means you've gotta apply for it.

They'll kindly take your permit application and any fees for processing, then after a few weeks they will send it back to you with a red ink mark stamp right across the front of it that says "Denied" and they might even be nice enough to include a letter that says something to the effect of:

"We're sorry but in our eyes we do not feel that you are worthy of being blessed with a permit to lawfully bring an assault weapon into our state.   Actually, we're not sorry because it was never our intent to approve any permits in the first place, this whole permit process is just an illusion to give false hope to those wishing to move here and thinking of bringing along with them those firearms we've deemed to be evil.   Yes, all of them and now that you've applied for a permit we know you have them so expect a knock on your door soon after you take up residence somewhere."
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 11:48:27 PM EDT
[#4]
That is a GREAT idea!! :D

So was applying for a CCW in CA. Oh you can apply like Uglygun said you can...

I can also ask Elisabeth Hurly to have sexual intercourse with me.

I'd probably have a better shot at bagging Elisabeth Hurley..
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 11:50:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe he is in the military and has no choice but to come here as ordered.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 11:53:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Money, dough, dinero, moolah, gold, wealth, riches, ka-ching, greenbacks, $$$, paydirt, treasure... OH, AND A NEW BEEMER!!!

But in Kali, you'll be needing a lot of the above to make up for the loss of your rights that weren't paid for in US funds...

Further AGWOOD, DO *NOT* trust what the CA DOJ says, does, or what is 'written' into law, such as SB23. It is a dangerous, unpredictable mess.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 12:11:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I know it may seem ridiculous to move to California now or in the future, but I may have the opportunity to get a position as a Technician / Crew Chief on Air Force Rescue Helicopters based at Moffet Field. The job also comes with permanent housing. I am also a fighter, I will take the good with the bad and FIGHT like hell to restore reality and common sense to the place I may soon be calling home. I know it will be an extreme uphill fight, but remember [red]"that which doesn't kill us Makes us Stronger".[/red]
I have done a lot of things in my young (29) age, and I have always known that alone we stand little chance of making real change, but together as a united group there is nothing WE could not accomplish. I am always amazed at how much we unite in a furum such as this, yet we seem to fail to band together in the REAL world(where it really counts by the way!) as a single voice, and push OUR agenda, promote OUR freedom and constitution and reclaim the birthright our fathers, and grandfathers fought and possibly died for. If I am making a mistake then so be it, I will still have my life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

My Friends....

Little by little THEY got us, but Little by little WE CAN take back what is ours naturally. if we stay active in our communities, promote the CLEAN LIVIN' lifestyle, Teach others about our LOVE and hobby, start participating in local government we can make a difference for the better I hope..

I am not a dreamer..

Agwood
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 12:19:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top