User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2001 5:40:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 6:11:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Eagle Arms are the best guns ever made.

Since this one looks like it is a hack job it would be an Essential Arms which never sold complete guns but only receivers and then home hackers assembled them usually with surplus kits from Nesard.

The only reason it has value is because of course it is a pre-ban.

A Pre-ban Eagle Arms gun would be a great find.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 6:19:38 PM EDT
[#3]
EA is Essential Arms. The lowers are all preban as they went out of business in 93.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 6:59:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Try to find out more about when he picked it up. 7 years ago is "about 6". If he can remember better when and where he got it you may be able to trace it before the ban. I think it's worth looking into, yes you could discover 5 is almost 6 also, but you won't know unless you dig a little further.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 10:40:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
EA is Essential Arms. The lowers are all preban as they went out of business in 93.
View Quote

Just because a lower was produced before the ban (9/13/94) does NOT mean that it is pre-ban.  Please check the legal forum; this is definitely a FAQ.

Unless you owned the gun on the date the ban went into effect, you need some kind of written proof of the lower's preban status, or a court would consider the lower to be postban.  The fact that the lower was *manufactured* before 1994 is not enough evidence.

-Troy
View Quote

I heard about this case. The rifle is not grandfathered the gun owner is. That is basicly what the courts have decided. The rifle when changes owners it becomes a post ban gun. You open yourself up to federal lawsuits. I can't see the fuss about spending the money and taking the chance of a stupid lawsuite that even if won in court would probably bankrupt you for a flash suppressor and a bayonet lug. I own post ban guns only and have no problem with them at all. It is not worth the trouble,effort or money!

You guy's do what you want but let me ask you this. Say you are at a range and you are shooting and a Fed asks you for paperwork on a preban rifle. You can produce it say within a normal amount of time (10 days) you can't produce this. What do you do? Is all the hassel and money worth it for the lug and supressor. That is why I say thank God we can still own post ban rifles. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top