Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#1]
phrigid---

Are you talking the whole rifle or just the upper?
The upper is a post-ban Bushmaster V-MATCH 24 flat-top, no frills, with a Hogue forend and a sling swivel stud installed by Bushmaster.  It was a bit less than $700.
It's sitting on the pre-ban Bushmaster Dissipator lower.
I thought it was amusing that the Chinese drum fit even with the Redi-Mag extra mag holder mounted...someday I'll find out how heavy it is with 6 boxes of ammo in it, and if it even functions properly.
If you're going for that style of rifle, the V-MATCH is a good choice.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 8:37:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I was referring to the upper, lower, barrel, stock, everything. I'm needing a weapon that I can use for both close and long range deployment. I've been checking into configurations IDENTICAL to that one. Stroke of luck, I guess. Thanks for the info.[:)]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#3]
While I love my 16" Bushy, my ultimate would have to be a 24" bull barrel Tromix in .50AE.  :-)    BOOM!!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 12:56:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Carbine models. Hence the handle TAcCar=Tactical Carbine. Ideally a pre-ban, flattop with a freefloated ras style forearm, Trijicon Reflex 2 site,Back up rear site, forward pistol grip, Phantom Flash Hider, and something from Surefire for low light situations. A few accessories yes, but no boat anchor. Besides accessories are part of the fun with AR's, they come off if they turn out to be more of a detriment than an asset.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 1:03:40 AM EDT
[#5]
phrigid, if you shop around the complete Vmatch rifle should be able to be had for around 700 dollars give or take 25-50 bucks just depends on the deal you find.

It uses the same chrome lined barrel as the other Bushmaster rifles and some say that the accuracy won't be as good as with a non-chrome lined barrel, I part believe it and part reject it.  You probably won't get match grade accuracy from a chrome lined barrel but it will still be pretty darned good and it will be easy to care for.

24 inch barrel might be too long for your use but Bushmaster offers the V-MATCH in barrel lengths of 16, 20, 24, and 26 inches so you could likely suit your needs fairly easily.

Recently Bushmaster stopped printing their prices in their catalogs and on their website, probably to protect dealer and distributor pricing policies.   But around 700 seems about right.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#6]
This was the "Y2K" pre-ban Bushmaster Dissipator set-up. I had a short rifle; too much scope (Leupold 4.5-14x40 matte) in Kwik-Site rings on a Leatherwood style mount; the Hogue forend and grip; the Redi-Mag extra mag holder (works with that crazy Chinese 120-rd. drum, too!) with a Vortex flash suppressor to hide with.  If THAT wouldn't work at keeping everybody busy, including ME,  NOTHING would...
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/023/rW/de/BR/gE23401.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 10:22:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 10:25:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By uncle buck:
The A2 Govt. style. Improved sights, longer length of pull, brass deflecter. Utilitarian no frills. Reminds me of me.
View Quote

A2 RULES!

Link Posted: 6/5/2001 7:22:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Colt M4 Commando:
- factory Colt M16-A1 lower
- factory Colt M4 Commando upper
- Gemtech M4-96D suppressor
- Trijicon Reflex II
[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=258760&a=7202094&p=48716602[/img]
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 7:51:56 AM EDT
[#10]
20" HBAR A3.  What can I say, I am just a simple kind of man.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 7:58:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I had mine custom built so I would have exactly what I wanted.  Here's a picture of the upper [img]http://www.fulton-armory.com/QuadRailUpper300_50.jpg[/img]

Mine's equipped with a Harris bipod and a Leupold 3.5-10x Police Vari-X III scope, a Bushmaster lower with a Jewell trigger.  Eventually I may put some iron sights on it, but not any time soon.  The barrel is a Douglas 16" bull, 1x9 twist.

The only thing I wish I could have put on it was an adjustable (preban) tele-stock.  Instead, I have a standard stock.  I may put on the Bushmaster hook-style buttstock[img]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/magazines/Images/16-01-02.gif[/img] since I use this thing almost exclusively off the bench or from prone position.

It's not called a "Designated Marksman Rifle" for nothing.

[sniper]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top