Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Log In

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 6/1/2001 4:20:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 4:22:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 4:25:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 4:26:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 4:26:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 4:27:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 4:28:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 4:29:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 4:32:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 4:52:23 PM EDT
I don't know if it is in this one, but earlier versions had penalties for "vendors" that made transactions up to six months after a show, if it was even discussed at the show. Also, check the definition of "gun show." Earlier versions made any sale in a group setting, such as flea market, shooting range, or even hunting club outing where more than 2 people were present a gun show. So if 2 people were at a range one day talking about a sale, even private, during say a match, it would be considered a "show" and all rules would apply. Again, this was in earlier versions, I don't know if it is this one, but rest assured, there is no loop hole, just more lies to get this passed.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 5:33:54 PM EDT
Is anybody really surprised by this? I'm not. I just hope is doesn't pass. But now with the Socialists in control of the Senate, you never know...
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 5:45:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/1/2001 5:44:51 PM EDT by akrazy]
I sent these letter to my Senators expressing my opnion. One of the swines here is a co-sponsor. Commie ba$tard!!! Everyone of you should be writting to both your Senators. Whether you think it does any good or not. Mail the letter snail mail.
Letter #1 Senator Mike DeWine 140 Russell Senate Office Building Washington, DC 20510-3503 May 24, 2001 Dear Senator DeWine, I’m very sorry to hear that you are co-sponsoring the anti-gun bill S.890. This bill is a blatant attempt to stop private sales and transfers of firearms. And a back door attempt at shutting down gun shows and registering lawful gun owners. I respectfully submit that there is no gun show loophole. I have bought firearms from gun shows many times. All I have bought since the 94 crime bill, I have had the background check. 95% of the people with display tables at gun shows are licensed dealers and by current law they do the NICS (national instant check system) check before selling the gun. The other 5% of people with display tables at gun shows are selling military surplus uniforms and gear or things related to the shooting sports, which require no license beyond a vendor’s license. I would also respectfully submit that you go to one of the great gun shows we have here in the State of Ohio, if you have not already, and see for yourself what actually goes on before you attach your name to any of these anti-freedom measures. Senator, I am a life long Republican and it greatly disturbs me that you would align yourself with 2 of the biggest gun grabbers in the Congress, Joe Lieberman and Charles Schumer. The same goes for Sen. McCain, disturbing indeed. It is becoming apparent that on the gun issue, there seems to be little difference between Republicans and Democrats. If Republicans like you and Mr. McCain insist on attacking honest lawful gun owners then I can no longer support Republicans or the party. I will vote against anyone who favors restricting my God given rights. If that means voting Libertarian or for a pro-gun Democrat, that is what I will do. Gore/Lieberman lost on this issue in November. Why do Republicans like you and Sen. McCain insist on reviving it? Enough is enough! Quit compromising away my freedoms. Stop the attack on gun owners now! Respectfully, XXX
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 5:46:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/1/2001 5:45:36 PM EDT by akrazy]
Letter #2 Senator George Voinovich 317 Hart Senate Office Building Washington, DC 20510 May 24, 2001 Dear Senator Voinovich, The details of the Lieberman/McCain gun show bill are now out with the introduction of the anti-gun bill S.890 into committee. This bill is a blatant attempt to stop private sales and transfers of firearms. It is a back door attempt at shutting down gun shows and registering lawful gun owners. I urge you to oppose this bill. I respectfully submit that there is no gun show loophole. Politicians insist on addressing a perceived problem that does not exist. I have bought firearms from gun shows many times. All I have bought since the 94 crime bill, I have had the background check. 95% of the people with display tables at gun shows are licensed dealers and by current law they do the NICS (national instant check system) check before selling the gun. The other 5% of people with display tables at gun shows are selling military surplus uniforms and gear or things related to the shooting sports, which require no license beyond a vendor’s license. Senator, I am a life long Republican and it greatly disturbs me that Republicans like John McCain, and co-sponsor to this bill, Mike Dewine(OH) have aligned themselves with the biggest gun grabbers in the US Congress, Charles Schumer and Joeseph Lieberman. It is becoming apparent that on the gun issue, there seems to be little difference between Republicans and Democrats. If Republicans like yourself, who refused to sign right to carry legislation in Ohio, and Mr. McCain and Mr. DeWine insist on attacking honest lawful gun owners then I can no longer support Republicans or the party. I will vote against anyone who favors restricting my God given rights. If that means voting Libertarian or for a pro-gun Democrat, that is what I will do. Gore/Lieberman lost on this issue in November. Why do some Republicans insist on reviving it? Enough is enough! Quit compromising away my freedoms. Stop the attack on gun owners now! Oppose S.890 Respectfully, XXX
View Quote
Top Top