Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2001 9:37:32 AM EDT
Number of physicians in the US: 700,000.

Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year: 120,000.

Accidental deaths per physician.... 0.171 (U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services)

Number of gun owners in the US: 80,000,000.

Number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups) 1,500.

Accidental deaths per gun owner: 0.0000188 (* Benton County News Tribune on 17th of November, 1999).

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Not everyone has a gun, but most people have at least one Doctor.

We must ban doctors before this gets out of hand.

Guns don't kill people, doctors do.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:46:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool statistic. I'll have to use that the next time my doc gives me heat for owning.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:49:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, they suck untill ya need one! Kinda like the ANTI'S, Bash guns untill one of em gets mugged or SHTF then it's - WHO PASSED ALL THESE DAMN LAWS!!!!
51 out...
[x]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 10:01:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd love to use this, but I've never heard of the Benton County News Tribune.
And you also have an asterisk before the name of the paper. Any significance?
I don't want to be bitch slapped for using a bogus stat.

Link Posted: 6/1/2001 10:12:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't hate doctors, just the ones with a political agenda that is aimed at me and other gun owners. There are a lot of doctors out there that are pro gun and own guns.

As for the source, I recieved it through the email. But the number is very close to reality if not absolutely correct. The local liberal media have been running ads recently for their news programs involving medical mistakes/doctor related deaths. Their numbers were around 90-100 thousand per year. Everyone knows how the media likes to really slant their numbers.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 11:31:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 11:39:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Everyone dies! Most obviously die within a physicians care...Statistics can be scripted to say anything - including AR-15's are responsible for all the violence in America.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Cool statistic. I'll have to use that the next time my doc gives me heat for owning.
View Quote

my doc is actually pretty cool. he was in rhodesian sf. we had a nice talk about the usefulness of shotguns in the bush. too bad my hmo got bought out and it looks like i will have to find another one.  (:rolleyes:)
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 5:22:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I hate the overcharging doctors when i broke my arm one dr walked in said his name and sent me a bill for 300 bucks never saw him after he said his name what a dick.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Everyone dies! Most obviously die within a physicians care...Statistics can be scripted to say anything - including AR-15's are responsible for all the violence in America.
View Quote

They ARE responsible for the violence in America. If not for AR-15s and other semi-auto/fullauto battle rifles and the men who gave all using them, there would be no "America" to have violence in.

Link Posted: 6/1/2001 5:44:35 PM EDT
[#11]
eah i'll bet there will never be an episode of this on ER!
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Can't say I've ever killed anyone. Hate to disappoint you! In fact I,ve had very few patients die-mostly all were allowed to go in peace after discussion between myself and family. I can't tell you how hard it is to throw in the towel sometimes. I do appreciate some of the negative comments made above and I know that all of these things do happen. It would be better for docs if their was one in every family. It would make everyone more able to realize what a difficult life and profession it is. The human body is incredibly complicated and even on a good day it is difficult work.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 8:35:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Please don't throw a blanket over all of us.
I worked hard for 15 years taking care of patients in the biggest ER in this state.Then I had a stroke that wiped out 1/3 of my vision.Now i am an instructor,still love to teach the residents,and love my firearms.Unfortunately people get sick and need treatment.By the way,the study has been declared wrong by every statistician who looked at it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 7:11:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Doctors Suck Eh,?
On Dec 5 2000 I was heading to work I did'nt know it at the time but there was black ice on the road, to make a long story short, I hit a semi head-on...I'm alive, thanks to some doctors,I had some smashed ribs, collasped lung, my intestines were cut up, my spleen was smashed, I was bleeding to death, fourtunatly for me this happened within 2 mi of a hospital,they had me laid open like you were gutting a deer , went over my intestines inch by inch and repaired any cuts repaired my bowels thanks to them I'm alive. yeah, doctors suck,  God bless Em' all
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top