Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2001 6:11:37 AM EDT

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=26748[/url]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 6:23:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know, but if it's "Tourist Season", why can't we shoot THEM?

[sniper]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 7:03:49 AM EDT
[#2]
No closed season on mimes and no bag limit. Shoot all you want! [kill]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:06:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe that the penalty for shooting a mime was stated in Coolhand Luke

"any man, killing a mime, out of season, will spent the night in the box"

Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:34:44 AM EDT
[#4]
It would be worth spending a night in the box to rid the world of those pesky mimes.[dracula]

mattjedi[x]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:48:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to live in San Frncisco, briefly. One day I was walking home from work past Fishermans Wharf, where there's a lot of street performers, mimes included.

I stopped to sit on the grass and just look out at the bay, when a very active mime was doin' his thing as people passed him by, mostly tourists.

He would follow them doing moronic mime gestures, occasionally getting a tip for his "craft".

Well along comes this guy, obviously a construction worker judging from his clothes and phyisical stature. He was a pretty hearty dude. Anyway, the mime singles him out as he walked by,  silently making an invisible box around the guy as he continued to walk. The mime was skipping and dancing and doing his mime thing, when the guy stopped and told the mime to back off! It was very clear this guy didn't appreciate being the co-star of the mimes act.

After the warning, the guy turned and walked away slowly. The mime put his hand up to his mouth and made a "bashful" face, but then skipped on after the big dude, continuing to annoy him. The guy turned around, looked right at the mime, didn't say a word, and drilled him in the face with a closed fist. The mime dropped like a bag of sand.[B)]

The guy bent over, wiped the white face paint off his hand on to the mimes cute little jacket, and just kept walking.

Moral to the story, everyone, I mean EVERYONE HATES mimes.[;D]
[uzi]+[@:D]=[xx(]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:53:34 AM EDT
[#6]
i heard it's double points if they are french.

steve
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#7]
The penalty is: If you don't take him with the first shot you only get 20 more chances to do it right in a given afternoon.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#8]
What a pisser !
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I think there's a bounty
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:04:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I hear the the USAF EOD guys use .50 cal Barretts to take out mines - er... never mime - uh - MIND. Yeah.

P3[pyro][%|]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:29:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Just DO IT!!!!!  I want to heard how a mime get hit.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:37:58 PM EDT
[#12]
PARA
I thought they just used a liberal amonut of HE to eliminate mimes or was that mines.  I worked with about a dozen EOD guys last summer, real interesting group of guys.

Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:48:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The guy turned around, looked right at the mime, didn't say a word, and drilled him in the face with a closed fist. The mime dropped like a bag of sand.

The guy bent over, wiped the white face paint off his hand on to the mimes cute little jacket, and just kept walking.
View Quote

I would've paid to have seen THAT.

P3[pyro][BD]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 12:01:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Do you need a silencer if you are going to shoot a mime?
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 2:10:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 3:08:47 AM EDT
[#16]
I heard that if you pour salt on a mime, they dissolve......same as a slug.........
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 4:53:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Oh Crap! Am I the only one here who enjoys watching a good mime? Now I'll be the object of ridicule for the rest of my days. [:(]

I could change my screen name and go into the federal mime fans protection program. Yeah, that's the ticket. [:)]

Link Posted: 6/2/2001 4:56:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 5:43:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Penalties for killing mimes is similar to hockey penalties, but reversed.

If you nail (in any manner) a mime, you get a "double minor" 4 minute penalty, but if you draw blood, it's only a two minute penalty.

Jay
Arizona
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 6:06:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Mimes are considered varmints and are therefore always in season.  Check your local laws.  Within city limits here in the PRK, you have to establish proof of depredation before you can shoot a varmint.

Get a free throwaway email account at: [url]http://www.ihatemimes.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 6:10:55 AM EDT
[#21]
There is no season and therefore no penalty for killing a mime.

However,  it is illegal to bait them with ballon animals.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 6:24:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There is no season and therefore no penalty for killing a mime.

However,  it is illegal to bait them with ballon animals.
View Quote

LoL... heh heh heh... bait.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top