Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2001 6:28:45 PM EDT
...And to the [b]republic[/b] for which it stands...

I remember when we stopped reciting the Pledge of Allegiance in school.  This is the reason everyone thinks the United States is a democracy.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#1]
[thinking]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 4:03:31 AM EDT
[#2]
No longer reciting the Pledge isn't a reason...it's a symptom.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 2:19:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Reciting a mantra over and over is one of the simplest and oldest forms of brainwashing.....

Godspeed
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#4]
The Pledge of Allegiance is still done in our local school here.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, when you're in 3rd grade, Capt. Obvious, everybody recites the pledge of allegiance.

When you graduate to Middle School, and then enter the world of "adulthood", get back with us and tell us at exactly what grade they stopped making you cite the Pledge [:D].
Just remember to not say the word "gun" in school, or they'll expel you and put you on Death Row b/c you're "evil".  Just keeping children like you safe...

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#6]
The Pledge of Allegiance isn't done anymore in schools?  Damn, I didn't it all the way through and '93 wasn't that long ago.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#7]
At my old school they don't hang flags in the class anymore, Although my art teacher and my history teacher brought their own.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top