Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2001 2:57:08 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone out there has ever sent a postal money order to anyone on the internet and never recieved what they paid for? If so were you able to get your money back or were you just screwed? I called the post office the other day and the lady on the other line didn't have an answer for me and her advise was to take it up with the party I bought the product from which is kinda hard to do since they are in another state. Well if anyone has any info let me know.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 3:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 3:06:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I went through this ordeal a few months back.  As long as the money order wasn't cashed, you will get your money back.  After 30 days have transpired since the money order had been printed, go to the Post Office and fill out a replacement request card.  You will pay them a couple of bucks for this service, and they will mail it off to "money order head quarters". (so to speak.) Just sit tight until you hear back from them.  Hopefully, the first contact that is made will be a replacement money order for the same amount as the original.  Only this time, it will be made out to you.  It took me over 2 months to get my dough back, but I did get it.    

Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#3]
If it's a rip, the Postal Inspectors will be down on that dog. Revenge is worth the price.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:51:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Cope is right!  Sic the USPS on them, and what happens when they go POSTAL.  Always use the USPS. They are good for something.  It takes a long time to get your money back.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#6]
If you have no luck in dealing with the other party, you can fill out the appropriate form at the post office.

If the tracking shows that the money order was not cashed, you will get a refund.

If someone cashes the money order and no goods are recieved, report it to the post office. This is mail fraud and postal inspectors love this stuff. Gives them a chance to act mean.

I don't know the penalty for mail fraud, but it's gotta hurt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top