Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2001 2:36:05 PM EDT
I was looking at another gun board when banner ads at the top of the site caught my attention. I could not believe the site's owners would let themselves be used this way!

The ads titled “Save The Children” & “17 kids are killed each day” lead to: The National Campaign Against Youth Violence which in turns leads their links to Gun Violence & the Million Mom March Foundation as well as Join Together  [url]www.jointogether.org[/url]

“There’s NO excuse for domestic violence”  leads to: [url]www.mincava.umn.edu[/url]

“An unlocked Gun”  leads to: [url]www.unlockandlock.com[/url]

I got tired of looking for more, there may be more.  If this Gun Board doesn’t know these ads and groups are being promoted prominently on their site, they should.   Not to know seems to be incompetent.  Perhaps they are in it for the banner ad $ & can’t control what is put on the site.   Which then is it:  Pro AR15/firearm Board or platform for lots of anti-gun ads?
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 2:37:36 PM EDT
[#1]
What board was it?
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#2]
If I post the name it might be seen as being vindictive.   But some here refer to as Brand X
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Ya know, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the S&W forums......

I must not browse here that often.....this "Brand X" has gone over my head and kicked me in the rear.....
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 6:48:46 AM EDT
[#4]
It is another AR Board
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 6:52:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Grin&Barrett:
It is another AR Board
View Quote

There is NO OTHER AR board, far as I'm concerned.

Give us a link, baby. My flamethrower is all gassed up and ready to go!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 6/1/2001 6:57:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Hell, nobody ever goes there anyway...  Why would they..?

One of their own Admins even posts info about his shoots over here for better exposure, knowing that it would never be seen over on the "Brand-X" boards! [rolleyes]

So, they financially support the liberal left..?  Damn!  I'm actually not to surprised, since for some people, it's just about the money and not the cause.

I'm not sure if I should [>Q] or [puke]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 7:03:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I was there trying to update info on the LEGP & noticed the ads.  I also noticed I could not post anything, perhaps they are having problems.

Link Posted: 6/1/2001 7:20:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 8:42:00 AM EDT
[#9]
HEHE,

very funny you guys, very funny!!!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!

TIMMAE, you crack me up with your delirious commentating.

Well John, let me just say that the NON-PROGUN sites help pay for our website.  AND since you know it TAKES $3000+ a month to run one.  Well lets just say the anti-gun movement, is paying for a GUN RELATED SITE.  Kinda funny when you think about it.

"So, they financially support the liberal left..? "
Actually they are somewhat supporting a PRO-GUN site. so I say HUH to your ?

and yes the ar15forums site is not up there amongst the more elaborate sites like this one, true.  But this is not whose site is better.  The people there are just good friends and they all get along with each other.  Most of the time, they spend in our chat, instead on the ar15forums.

John, we have known about this banner company since they picked up these advertisers.  At least we are receiving monies from these anti-gun folks.  Taking money away from them is a good thing.  John, it was a legitimate question and I hope I answered them ok!

Don't worry about it Ed, it really is a mute point on my end.  Just stick a sucker in TIMMAEs mouth for me and call it even.  [:D]

DavidT / DTHOR  

Link Posted: 6/1/2001 8:58:27 AM EDT
[#10]
DT

Thx for the update.  I thought it was unusal for those ads to be at the top.   I would have thought if you had control of the selection they would not be there.

Making $ is a concern & most likely your viewers won't click like I did.  But I was curious how anti those site might be.

Mine wasn't meant to be mud.  Is there a problem with the site? Because I could not post an update to a previous post or make any post at all the last 3 days.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:14:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, we are moving all of our sites to a new service provider, www.ak47forums.com is using up 98% of our speed, we are quite frankly having a major bottleneck on our end.  So the slowly sites are being transferred over first.  So yes that is probably the reason.  Yeah, the ak47forums website ALONE is getting 65,000 to 77,000 page views a day and like 7,400 to 9,500 visits per day, in totaling we get now about 275,000 to 338,000 hits a day just on the ak47forums site.

Timmae, If I was replying to some corporate person on official business, well yes and it would of been more grammatical! hehe  But we are talking about YOU MAN, WTF!  you aren't no GD important person, you are just you and I know you can't help it.

John, no problem I know there was no mud in your observation, I would of said the same thing and I have had to answer these same questions from members who have asked via email.  Well we have gone to some other banners and will incorporate them once we have rebuilt our websites, which we are in the process now.

DavidT / DTHOR
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:15:19 AM EDT
[#12]
TIMMAE, you crack me up with your delirious commentating.
View Quote

Yes... and your grammatical atrocities do the same for the rest of us! [rolleyes]

John, we have [s]know[/s] [red]known[/red] about [red]_____[/red] since this banner company picked up these advertisers. At least we are receiving [s]money's[/s] [red]monies[/red] from these anti-gun [s]folk[/s] [red]folks[/red]. Taking money away from them is a good thing. John, it was a legitimate [blue]question[/blue] and I hope I answered [blue]them[/blue] ok!
View Quote

[b]Hey Swabbie...[/b]  I took the liberties to correct just a single paragraph for you.  What was written in [red]RED[/red] corrects your gramattical errors.  The [blue]BLUE[/blue] points out that the english language doesn't allow for mixing singular and plural tenses when making a reference to the same subject matter.

I certainly hope this helps you in your future rants.  Hey... I'm here to help the language impaired!
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:15:53 AM EDT
[#13]
chill out will ya anti!
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Ummmm sorry Grin, but I simply felt that it was my duty to point out that his worst errors were in a statement to you...  That kinda blows everything in his second rant to me, doesn't it..?  [:D]

[u]Swabbie:[/u]
[b]Hooked On Phonics[/b] could work for you!
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#15]
I cannot believe even now, how much I get under your skin, hehe  You have got to be the most Manic-Depressant person I have ever met.

TIMMAE, while I am on my boat out in the GULF of MEXICO DEEPSEA fishing this weekend.  I know that your sorry ass will still be doing something for a dollar, ROTFLMAO

BY NOW [:D]

DavidT / DTHOR
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 10:05:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Personally, I think including "anti" advertising dollars and ads on a pro-gun site is beyond a conflict of interest.

That's like allowing Jack Daniels to advertise on the Alcholics Anonymous web page.

I realize that money is a HUGE part of keeping the page running, but it just appears to send a very hypocritical message.

I see it less as your site [i]taking[/i] money away from the anti's, and more the case of the ant's [i]successful infiltration[/i] of one of the few places on the web they should never be welcomed, in ANY form.

I don't know about you, but [i]everything[/i] does NOT have a price. Not the way I live.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#17]
I guess you can email me ref posting problems.

I didn't mean for this to become a spat between you two........again. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I cannot believe even now, how much I get under your skin, hehe[red].[/red]  You have got to be the most Manic-[s]Depressant[/s] [red]Depressive[/red] person I have ever met.

TIMMAE, while I am on my boat out in the GULF of MEXICO [s]DEEPSEA[/s] [red] Deep Sea[/red]  fishing this weekend[s].[/s][red],[/red]  I know that your sorry ass will still be doing something for a dollar[s],[/s] [red]![/red] ROTFLMAO

[s]BY[/s] [red]BYE[/red] NOW [:D]

DavidT / DTHOR
View Quote

Have you learned nothing today..? [:\]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 10:27:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Don't worry about it Ed, it really is a mute point on my end.  .  [:D]

DavidT / DTHOR  

View Quote

Hey antiUSSA -

Personally, I thought the above line was the BEST faux pas by DTHOR.

As far as I know, a "mute" point can ONLY be made by the speech-impaired.

[}:D]

Link Posted: 6/1/2001 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#21]
looks like M4 got the thought behind the topic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top