BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This forum is for love of guns not hate.  Why can't we just keep the peace?
View Quote

Cccccaaan't wee all just get along!

I say take it to the racismandsexism.com.  

Please don’t destroy this website with social content.

Now stick to AR-15’s and their related platforms and we will get along just fine.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Jesus H. Christ.

What a retarded thread Sara.

The fact that you and Rik actully spend valueable waking hours discussing "me" over the bandwidth is nauseating.
View Quote

Don't get a swelled head dude, I was sitting around waiting for some furniture to be delivered and we were talking via IM for about a half hour before she brought up the whole deal about you being banned and why.  Don't think I spend my waking hours pondering "the McUzi question." [;)]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jesus H. Christ.

What a retarded thread Sara.

The fact that you and Rik actully spend valueable waking hours discussing "me" over the bandwidth is nauseating.
View Quote

Don't get a swelled head dude, I was sitting around waiting for some furniture to be delivered and we were talking via IM for about a half hour before she brought up the whole deal about you being banned and why.  Don't think I spend my waking hours pondering "the McUzi question." [;)]
View Quote

Like year ago, I had a [red]dream[/red] about AR15.com people.
Isn't that friggin sick?

I was at the range, shoting.
And all of the normal range guys were there,

but then,

all of a sudden,

AR15 guys started popping up. The imagery manifested of "what they looked like" was so god damn hillarious, I woke up laughing.

"Glockcop" was this little red-headed dude,
"DonR" was short Ross Perot lookin guy
"TreeTop" (Before I had seen his pic) was a Mexican dude, complete with sombrero and poncho
"Ed Avila Sr." had this huuuuuuuuuuge black beard. Like the guys in ZZ Top.

So, there I was, plinking. TreeTop gets out of the car, and GlockCop starts doing cartwheels (God only knows why), and TreeTop takes a nap, right on the berm.
Ed Avila Sr started shooting at the Range officer, and I ducked behind the shooting tables.
Then, Ed's gun jammed because it got caught up in his beard. He started walking towards me like "Jason" from Friday the 13th, real slow, but paced, with a 1911 hanging from his beard.

I was like "DUDE! ED! IT'S ME! MCUZI FROM AR15!"

but he kept coming, and snatched his 1911 from his beard, and aimed it at me.

I freaked, and ran to my car, and grabbed my Oly, and tried to shoot him, but the damn thing jammed. (Friggin Oly)
Then, Don R, the little Ross Perot guy, tackled him, and told me to run, so I did.

Then I woke up.

Link Posted: 5/31/2001 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:34:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, I normally read the whole thread, but I think I read enough.

First and foremost, I've never looked at sexism in the same light as racism. Why not? Hell if I know, I just never have. But now that I see where she's coming from, I'll just put in my .02 cents worth.

Like stated before, (sorry I don't remember who)racism is frowned upon because people of different races may not need each other on the day to day basis. Everyone is human, and basically capable of the same things. Any person can be trained to do a job just as well, if not better than the next person. So "needing" a person of a certain race is does not exist. So if you have a prejudice about them you may have no need to change your opinion about that.

Person's of the opposite sex on the other hand. For those of us that are heterosexual, we kind of HAVE to engage the opposite sex. Just in that action alone, you find out that it's not ALL women, it's a selected few. Obviously this takes longer to learn for some than others.

The fact is, to get over prejudices, one should be forced to spend time and interact with that other that they are prejudice toward.

Now, I wasn't there on the Ike with you, but I know in my shop, (Data Sys Rpr on the IWO JIMA) there is one female. We give her shit sometimes, but it is my belief that it is all in good fun. Now, if she ever said that we went too far, it would stop there (well, I can only speak for myself). It is common (in the Navy) for senior Petty Officers to ask women to step out of the room. I'm pretty sure this is due to the fact that most of these men never had to work with women onboard ships. Things are changing, and they haven't gotten there yet. Kind of like the 70's when all the wrinkles between blacks and whites weren't out. (still aren't completely, and maybe never will) I'll have to say I'm sorry for your FC1 telling you that. But I'm sure you know not all us squids, or males are like that.

-- ET3
End Of Rant
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#6]
what board am I on anyway?
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Very interesting...Miss, you make some valid points.
[smoke]
I would never think of making a racist statement on this board, but I will pick on women. I am married and love my wife, but we do have fun ripping each other. Shoes versus guns, closet space versus basement space.
BTW, others think this should site should only be about guns, but I like the occasional OT thread that makes you think.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ET3 NotReally:
End Of Rant
View Quote

Was that your WHOLE rant?  ::giggle::

I appreciate your point of view.  Still don't think it explains everything, though.  I work with a mixed crowd and we all need to share each other's knowledge when it comes to troubleshooting.  I'm sure you have the same situation in the Navy.  In fact, you'd be hard pressed these days to be able to insulate yourself so well that you never ran into, let alone needed the assistance, of someone of every color.  

The fact is I know some of them still make disparaging remarks when the object of the subject isn't around.  How does that fit into your theory?  
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 3:48:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I kind of think trying to deal with these injustices other than educating the individual perpetrator is a loose loose situation.  Racist/chauvinists based on gene superiority should be able to be dealt with through knowledge.

Trying to legislate it away now converts those that had no animosity, to rasist/chauvinists based on resentment (some any how).
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 1:33:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Well being the only black/hispanic ET onboard, I haven't noticed any racial remarks used here. Ok, sure theres a joke every now and again, but I'm usually the one making them. So that kinda says that I haven't seen (or heard) any racial remarks said behind anyone's back. What I do hear is how some people do poor work. But not too much about the person personally (unless they stink and don't shower. You know, shit like that)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top