You be the judge:

[img]staticpub.homestead.com/files/hoax.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 5/30/2001 10:16:11 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=26425#lastPost[/url]

See also my topic a few slots away.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 11:09:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Somebody will find out sooner or later.  If they go to the moon and there is no moon buggy, then everybody will know our government was lying.  I suspect that if the USSR really didn't believed it, they would have gone there during the cold war to bust us.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 2:40:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Bush Hamster:
You be the judge:

[img]staticpub.homestead.com/files/hoax.jpg[/img]

View Quote

About those wavy flags.

Ever heard of starch?

Also, that deep footprint.

Maybe they should question Yeti/Bigfoot and get his/her take on this.

Link Posted: 5/31/2001 2:49:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I say it was faked.

But, yes, someday a nation other than our own lying, corrupt, morally bankrupt U.S. will find out for sure if it happened or not.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 3:16:05 AM EDT
[#5]
[img]http://www.geocities.com/kilrath_ac/freemcuzi.txt[/img]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 3:34:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Whenever I see threads like this, I'm reminded of a quote from Raising Arizona where a news reporter asks Nathan Arizona if there is any truth to the rumors that their baby was abducted by aliens.  He replies:

[i]Son, don't print that, the Misses will lose all hope if she reads that . . .[/i]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 3:37:27 AM EDT
[#7]
How the hell could a project that involved 100's-of-thousands of scientists/astronauts/workers be faked and not have been leaked before this.

This is one of the greatest scientific/engineering accomplishments that man-kind has ever known and something YOU as an AMERICAN should be very proud of.

Who ever wrote the above article and anyone who would even think about believing it is a complete jerk.

Just another example of journalists trying to make a name for themselve by walking on the back of someone elses accomplishment.

"Gee, that didn't work. Let's see what we can try to de-bunk next. Oh I know, there was never really a holocost - oh hit taken.  Um......".

Link Posted: 5/31/2001 4:34:31 AM EDT
[#8]
As to the deep footprint, that's easy.  The moon has less gravity than earth, so the soil is not as compacted.  In fact, just when Neil Armstrong was setting foot on the moon, he made a comment that the surface was like a powder.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 4:39:12 AM EDT
[#9]
It was faked, in order to distract us from the impending UN take-over.
Actually, there is no moon.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 4:54:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Those satellite weather pictures you see on TV?  They're faked too.

And GPS?  It works by magic. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 5:05:17 AM EDT
[#11]
The deep footprint is because the moon is covered in very fine dust produced by countless strikes from rocks, which never blows away because there is no wind. The earth is protected from these rocks/meteors/asteroids by our atmosphere, which burns up most of them before they hit. The moon lacks an atmosphere, so everything impacts the surface.

The shadow in the first picture that is supposed to be from the flagpole, starts a few feet from the bottom of the flagpole. Why? Because it's not the flagpole's shadow. It's the shadow of something out of shot to the left.

The flag appears to be waving because it is crinkled from storage on the flight, and is only supported by the pole and the wire on top. The bottom corner of the flag away from the pole is just wrinkled and doesn't have a strong gravitational pull to straighten out the edge.

The fact that there is no crater is no surprise. The moon is not covered in damp topsoil like the earth. As the lander came down, the thick but very light dust layer was blown up by the retro-rockets, but later settled back to the surface.

No stars in the sky? Have you ever heard of light pollution? Trying to stargaze in a highly lit area does you no good at all. The stars are not bright enough to penetrate the glare from the ambient light. The moon's surface is lit by the sun and other stars are unable to penetrate the glare.

Come on, this isn't rocket science here people. Oh, wait...

FMCDH
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.

------------------
"I wish it to be known that I was the last man of my tribe to surrender my rifle."
--Sitting Bull, July 19, 1881
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 5:28:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Sigh.
I am sorry, but anyone who really believes the moon landings were faked is a few bricks shy of a full load.
Here's a couple websites debunking the whole "moon landing was fake" bullshit:
[url]http://liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov/news/2001/news-moonlanding.asp[/url]

[url]http://www.faz.com/IN/INtemplates/eFAZ/archive.asp?rub={B1311FFE-FBFB-11D2-B228-00105A9CAF88}&doc={45B4A8B7-3415-11D5-A3B5-009027BA22E4}&width=1280&height=1024&agt=explorer&ver=4&svr=4[/url]

[url]http://pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu/~jscotti/NOT_faked/[/url]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 5:29:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Let's go ahead and give it up guys,

It was faked by Delta Force, the Navy SEALs, and the FBI HRT.  I know what a huge breach of OPSEC this is but it's true.  Even though some of those units weren't in existence at the time, but it still didn't stop them!

*snicker-snicker*

-SARguy
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 5:31:21 AM EDT
[#14]
About the guy on the ladder behing the lander-you can see him because of the same reason you can basically see anything at all-its a new theory called "reflected light"  lets see-the surface of the moon for all practical purposes is light grey-it is obviously reflecting  a bunch of light onto the back side and then person in the picture-including his butt crack...
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:14:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:16:49 AM EDT
[#16]
This is another liberal attempt to destroy American credibility.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:49:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Multiple sources of light due to reflections from spacecraft, the earth, and the sun.

It's common to boarder a flag with poles, which was done to this one.

Moon soil is very powderly, not requiring much force to create an imprint.

Two different shadow lenghts occur when a slight incline or hill is detected in the background.

Alright, what are we'all smokin today, crack?, crank, or just some good ol' pot?[smoke]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:02:08 AM EDT
[#18]
That people even believe in the hoax theory is evidence that our public education system is truly failing, especially in the areas of mathematical based physics.  It's surprising how many people don't know how the universe works from a mathematically quantifiable standpoint, or even a qualitative standpoint for that matter.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:04:43 AM EDT
[#19]
OK. You guys got me. I did it.  I faked the moon landing.  Only cost about $5000. Spent the rest of the Moon Mission budget on pot and Twinkies.

Sorry, my bad.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:05:31 AM EDT
[#20]
The moon landing is fake.  They really landed on the sun.  They had to wait until night, of course.

Hot-ot-ot-ot-ot!!!

The moon landings are real, kids.  If they'd have wanted to fake them, they wouldn't be making fundamental errors in lighting.

The shadows can be explained by either off-camera objects, uneven surfaces or uneven depressions.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:08:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Oddly enough, some of the same people who believe that we couldn't have flown 500,000 miles to the moon and back believe that extraterrestrials have flown distances a hundred million times greater just to mutilate our cattle. [(:|)]

This is another example of the "All that math and stuff is too hard for me to understand, therefore it couldn't have happened" mindset.
[V]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:10:59 AM EDT
[#22]
sigh... you flat-earth society people make me wonder!

since all of the theories have been de-bunked, on this post, but one, i'll point it out: the reason there is no crater left underneath the landing module after take-off form the surface, is that it separated from the landing platform - all the thrust just bounced off, and if you watch the actual departure, you can see this, also, the lifter rockets were placed on the sides of the LLM, not underneath.

what next, are you going to try and convince us that ronald reagan was really an android? that the korean conflict was really a war to liberate hawaii??
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:11:53 AM EDT
[#23]
The moon landing was a fake!  Conclusive evidence has convinced me!  It really burns me up how so many stupid Americans can really believe that WE ACTUALLY LANDED ON THE MOON!

Everyone knows the moon is made of cheese anyway.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:19:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Lunar cycle = 28 days

Menstral cycle = 28 days

You be the judge.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:27:27 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm finding it harder and harder to overestimate the stupidity of some people.  Take the first photo:

[img]http://staticpub.homestead.com/files/hoax.jpg[/img]

The shadows to the left of the flag and in front of it aren't shadows of the flag, they're of the uneven moonscape.  Look close.  The shadows are way bigger than the flag's staff.

No stars? Not surprising since the moon's surface reflects so much unfiltered sunlight that it illuminates us down on Earth. That's why they wear the gold-plated visors, genius.

Any Holocaust deniers here too?
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:51:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:46:36 AM EDT
[#27]
I suppose the Holocaust was a hoax, WWII was a hoax, and the Korean war was a hoax as well?  This moon landing hoax tends to be spouted by liberal media, so why are moderate to conservative people on here even giving it any credence.  Is it because you don't want to believe anything good about this country?  Some of you sound like you hate this country as much as the Clintons do.  Your pictures prove nothing, nadda, zip.

GET A FREAKING LIFE!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:50:36 AM EDT
[#28]
having watched the 1 hour special on fox(?) about the possible hoax - i really don't know.  some of the evidence presented on the show was quite compeling - but like all other sea stories one has to ask if it was a hoax- why was it hoaxed?

possibilities are:
1:  there is something on the moon man is not supposed to see
2:  we really cannot go to the moon
   A:  space as we see it from earth is not    real.
   B:  radiation is lethal
   C:  there is a restricting force preventing us from leaving the near earth perimeter.
3:  the moon shot was a diversion

hard to say - i was not there.  but bearing in mind what was happening in the 60's - the jfk assasinatin, rfk, vietnam, mlk etc, etc, what the public was being told and what was really happening was one lie stacked on top of another - why would the lunar landing be any different?  has anyone been to the space museum at cape canaveral?  i have - half the stuff looks of cheaper/cruder quality than what we see in the movies (but then again NORAD is a crappy little room - that could easily be run from a bunch of laptops out of the back of a suburban)if we say the real stuff in a movie - we would think it was fake for sure!!! go figure

one size discrepancy that i did notice at the cape is the size of the launch pad for the saturn V rocket- it seemed alot smaller than in the films - about 3/5th scale...

steve

Link Posted: 5/31/2001 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By steve m:
having watched the 1 hour special on fox(?) about the possible hoax - i really don't know.  some of the evidence presented on the show was quite compeling
View Quote

Well, it was doctored to look compelling anyway.  Anyone who knows the space program at all found it laughable.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#30]
All those "Moon landing Hoax" perfect examples of junk science. Try this experiment yourselves. Take two desk lamps, place them 4 feet apart, put a small object between them and look at the shadow that the lights create. There will be two shadows, one for each light source. All the moon landing objects only have one... THATS ONE!!! shadow. Think about it?

Radiosity is the effect of light reflecting off a surface and become another dim light source in itself. Ask photographers about this effect, thats why they use reflectors to even the lighting in a scene. The moons surface is extremely reflective, if you don't believe me look at a full moon one day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top