Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2001 5:29:23 AM EDT
Whenever I see a pre ban ad they almost always say "no sear block".  I assume that has something to do with making it full auto?  Is it a block in the trigger?  Receiver?

Also, I assume post bans have these "blocks"?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:05:23 AM EDT
[#1]
The term usually refers to a block of hardened steel that Colt devised in a lame attempt to appease the government.  It's attached with a hardened pin to the lower receiver, right above the selector.  It is supposed to make a machinegun conversion impossible by preventing installation of an automatic sear (factory or drop-in), or (I believe) even a Lightning Link.  It projects upward so as to interfere with the travel of an M16 bolt carrier.

You'll find that kind of sear block only on Colts.  Some other manufacturers have taken less draconian measures like leaving extra metal in the rear or side of the fire control parts well.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:32:37 AM EDT
[#2]
The post below is totoal different from what you're talking about right?

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=22620[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top