Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2001 9:47:01 AM EDT
I went to a new range on Saturday with my old hunting pal.  Whats different about this time?  This range had targets at 100, 200 and 300 yards!  I've never taken my Armalite to a 300 yd range (no access nearby without being a member).  Well, I was very impressed with how this Armalite (20" Hbar) grouped at 300yds!  I could consistently hit a pie plate with iron sights!  My friend had his "trusty" Russian SKS (which shot like crap in my opinion) and he could barely hit the paper, maybe 2 out of 10, at 200yds.  To add insult to injury, his SKS often fired 2 round bursts which worried him.  I told him to think of it as a plus though.  

The sites on that AR are excellent!  I was amazed what that little bullet could do!  Now I'm going to save up for a 16" carbine, flat top.

One thing that did surprise me was that he had brought an Indian Ishapore enfield carbine (308) with him and it shot very good too (I didnt expect that).
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 9:53:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Enfields got a bad rap for accuarcy because of the jungle carbine and not the #4.The 2A is a #1
and always shoot good.Not great but good.One of my favorite righty lefty guns.Left handers know what im talking about.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Tell your friend to have his SKS checked by a gunsmith. Doubling could mean that he has a problem with his fire controls. I hope that he didn't try to do a "homemade" trigger adjustment. It could lead to an out of battery detonation, or a Ka-boom right in his face.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I hope that he didn't try to do a "homemade" trigger adjustment. It could lead to an out of battery detonation, or a Ka-boom right in his face.
View Quote
No, he didnt do anything to it.  Thats the way it came.  If you have any suggestions, I'll sure let him know.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#4]
What kind of ammo was he using?  I had problems with my SKS when using remington's UMC ammo.  I would get doubles, triples, full mags...  I believe that soft primers are the cause there because it has never done it with Wolf or any other military ammo.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#5]
My 11/44 Jungle Carbine shoots pretty good also. It's in nice shape though.  I've heard of several of these that are good shooters.  Might be another internet legend.

Kicks pretty hard though.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By ARMALITE FAN:
Enfields got a bad rap for accuarcy because of the jungle carbine and not the #4.The 2A is a #1
and always shoot good.Not great but good.One of my favorite righty lefty guns.Left handers know what im talking about.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top