Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2001 8:12:59 AM EDT
The folks over at Glocktalk.com are contemplating commissioning a special design.

Would you believe that the idiots in Austria have done a NWO special edition??

Yikes!

[url]glocktalk.com/docs/gtubb/Forum3/HTML/012813.html[/url]

[img]www.jacksonville.net/~greenbau/pics/desert_2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 8:17:47 AM EDT
[#1]
bwahahahaha   I guess if you can't find another reason to sell you Glocks this is as good as any I can come up with.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 8:24:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe this is the supposed to be the "Blue Helmet Plinker" NWO commemorative?   You know - for shooting AT the blue helmets?
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I have come up with a solution:

[url]glocktalk.com/docs/gtubb/Forum3/HTML/012813-4.html[/url]

[img]www.web-comm.com/ar15/ar1.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 5/29/2001 8:34:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Did you know that those GlockSuckers actually keep ballistic "fingerprint" info on all firearms/barrels that they sell???

Fuck 'em and their KaBooms !
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 9:49:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Glock = KABOOM!
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 10:01:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Did you know that those GlockSuckers actually keep ballistic "fingerprint" info on all firearms/barrels that they sell???

Fuck 'em and their KaBooms !
View Quote

I'm not surprised...Just another reason to stick with the USP, Walther or SIG-bsides the more obvious ones, of course.

BTW, welcome back, Drew.

Juggernaut[%(]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 11:04:48 AM EDT
[#7]
To each his own.

I have shot and carried a 27 extensively and it has never malfunctioned in any way shape or form.  It is probably one of, if not the, best CCW weapons on the market today.

You can get a POS from just about any manufacturer these days.

Sig, HK, and Walther are no exception.

And, yes, I do own HK and Walther.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#8]
If ballistic fingerprinting is an issue, why not swap-in a 3rd party barrel with fully supported chamber? There are at least 4 manufactures. No worrisome kabooms and you can even use lead bullets.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I knew I hated Glocks for a reason. Why would they do this crap?

I hope all you Glock owners will see this and sell them off. That is a disgrace to the firearm industry and shooters as a whole. There is nothing about a "New World Order" that will be any good for any of us.....
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#10]
O.K. I'll say it before someone else does, "All your glocks are belong to us".
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I have owned a glock 17 for five years.  And after five years of almost weekly shooting I have yet to expierence a malfunction of ANY type.  It really doesnt matter to me what my weapon says on the slide as long as it gets the job done, its a tool, pure and simple.  If you say glocks are no good, you dont know your weapons.

13th Monkey
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 12:31:40 PM EDT
[#12]
If ballistic fingerprinting is an issue, why not swap-in a 3rd party barrel with fully supported chamber?
View Quote

The "fingerprinting" is done on the case, not the bullet.  When the pistol fires, the grooves on the breach face are imprinted on the case head.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 12:38:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Can you get it with a UN blue frame like on the Kel-Tec P32s?  That would be true Glock perfection. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 12:41:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 12:42:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Glock for carry? It's TOOOOOOOOOO fat. I can't warm up to the trigger. They're top heavy. I've tried and tried to get excited about a 26, 27, or 30 -- even the single stack 36. Can't get past the trigger. The grip just ain't right. Ballance is all wrong. And they're TOOOOOOOOO fat.

-- Probably a G-22 as first choice in a combat situation though. I have a Glock M-81 tactical pig stabber, so everything they make is not funky. Their shovel/tool is hot stuff.

[moon]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Glock may very well keep 'ballistic fingerprint' information on all of their guns.  In a practical sense, this is meaningless.  Say you went out and committed a crime with a Glock 17.  Do you think the cops are going to send the shell casings to Glock, and Glock is then going to compare them to the hundreds of thousands of shell casings it would have to keep in its files?  I think not.  Maybe if you shot a head of state, and even then I doubt it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Where can I order one from?
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 8:16:17 PM EDT
[#18]
matt vdw
all it takes is a little buffing on the breach face to change the imprint. don't forget you will also nee to replace the extractor and firing pin.
now you have a different finger print than the one on file
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#21]
A little buffing won't do a darn thing to the slide face on a Glock.  The tenifer finish they use makes the steel way too hard for that.  You can get a Caspian replacement slide for your Glock .40, but it's really not necessary.  As I explained above, Glock having a fired casing from your gun is really meaningless.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#22]
AAAAHHHHHHHRRRGHHH!!!!

Glock DOES NOT keep any such "ballistic fingerprinting"  This is total baloney.

Man, does this stuff get blown out of proportion.  This all started because the state of Maryland (I believe) changed their laws on handgun sales and made a regulation that all new handguns had to ship with two fire casings from that handgun.  These casings are delivered to the state.  These _could_ be used for fingerprinting, supposedly, from firing pin impressions.  Glock simply began shipping two fired casings in ALL new handgun boxes, to comply with them, and any other states that began this practice.  The alternative is to not sell handguns in that state.

In any other (non-communist) states, you get these fired casings when you buy your gun.  You can do with them what you wish.

Link Posted: 6/13/2001 10:46:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 12:06:50 AM EDT
[#24]
HeHeHe!! I'll take three of the AR15.com/McUzi Special Glocks!!!

[8D][8D][8D][8D]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:48:00 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm trying to decide between the model 26 & 19 right now;anyone have any advice?

I'm going to buy one of them in about two weeks,so any help is appreciated.

[pistol]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:52:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My wife just purchased a 27, no fired casings in the box. This is in GA.
View Quote

Apparently this began recently, so you probably just got old stock.  I have heard tons of reports (glocktalk.com) about people getting them in many many states that dont require them.  The usually come loose, or in a small browm paper envelope.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:55:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm trying to decide between the model 26 & 19 right now;anyone have any advice?

I'm going to buy one of them in about two weeks,so any help is appreciated.

[pistol]
View Quote

Go to glocktalk.com.  This has been debated time and time again.  Basically, if your primary concern is carry/conceal, get the 26.  If you want a shooter, you now have to think a little more.  I have a 19, freaking love it.  The 26 is a much smaller grip, (three finger) but you can get grip extensions for the mags.

As fas as accuracy, most people can actually shoot the 26 better than the 19.  Noone can say why.

Best thing to do is go down to your gun store, and handle both.  Dry fire both.  See which one is more comfortable in your hands.  

Either one is a great choice.  Heck, I'd get both!
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:12:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:12:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Thanks 4 the info,I've shot models 17 & 30,(the 30 would be another good alternative)and really liked them I've yet to shoot the 19 though;I'm leaning toward concealed carry but want a shooter also.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:15:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:41:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 11:13:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'd go with the 27 over the 26,
View Quote

Sweep is right, it comes down to personal preference, but I'd take the 26 over the 27 anyday.

1.  9mm ammo is cheaper since this will be a shooter.

2.  In such a small frame, the 27 has considerably more muzzle flip, opposed to the 26.

3.  One more round in the mag on the 26, for the legal max of 10.

4.  Bullet expansion/knockdown, etc.. is arguable, at best, between the calibers.

5.  I can use my G19 mags in my G26!

6.  I can use my G19 and Baretta92 ammo in my 26!

:-)
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 11:43:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
AAAAHHHHHHHRRRGHHH!!!!

Glock DOES NOT keep any such "ballistic fingerprinting"  This is total baloney.

Man, does this stuff get blown out of proportion.  This all started because the state of Maryland (I believe) changed their laws on handgun sales and made a regulation that all new handguns had to ship with two fire casings from that handgun.  These casings are delivered to the state.  These _could_ be used for fingerprinting, supposedly, from firing pin impressions.  Glock simply began shipping two fired casings in ALL new handgun boxes, to comply with them, and any other states that began this practice.  The alternative is to not sell handguns in that state.

In any other (non-communist) states, you get these fired casings when you buy your gun.  You can do with them what you wish.

View Quote

This is correct.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 12:17:30 PM EDT
[#34]
My Ruger SP101 came with the same bullsh!t brown envelope. Don't blame Glock for trying to sell their guns in a communist country like MD. I think the irony of owning a "NWO" Glock is FANTASTIC!! I would love one.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd go with the 27 over the 26,
View Quote

Sweep is right, it comes down to personal preference, but I'd take the 26 over the 27 anyday.

1.  9mm ammo is cheaper since this will be a shooter.

2.  In such a small frame, the 27 has considerably more muzzle flip, opposed to the 26.

3.  One more round in the mag on the 26, for the legal max of 10.

4.  Bullet expansion/knockdown, etc.. is arguable, at best, between the calibers.

5.  I can use my G19 mags in my G26!

6.  I can use my G19 and Baretta92 ammo in my 26!
View Quote

I'd go with the G27 and then get a 9mm conversion barrel so then I'd have two popular calibers to enjoy (three if I purchased a .357 Sig barrel).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top