Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2001 1:16:02 AM EDT
What happened to the palm pistols made a while back? Where the concept banned from new manufacturing or just forgetten and fall under the curios & relics. Would like to see a new one.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 1:44:00 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are talking about squeeze cockers, they are still alive and kicking.  

H&K still makes the P7M8 and P7M13 in 9mm, and IMHO, they are some of the best handguns available.  Very quick, very accurate. HK is the only company that ever attempted this.  

Prices are very high, with M8s going for over $1000 new, and M13 going for over $1300 new (with no hicaps of course).
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 2:06:28 AM EDT
[#2]
i know your not talking about HKs, those palm pistols im sure you mean, they were round with a barrel that pointed out between your fingers, and had a lever on the back that you squeezed against the gun to fire the pistol.

they were popular in the 1800s (i assume) and i guess went away with the companys that made them
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 3:03:02 AM EDT
[#3]
[img]store1.yimg.com/I/butterfields_1634_74523089.gif[/img]

Is this what you mean?
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 3:21:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Also third item in this pic:
[img]users.breathemail.net/stensby/images/sten7a.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 3:23:22 AM EDT
[#5]
From what I can tell these are very rare collectors items ranging in price upwards over $1000.
Look pretty nifty but don't know how safe it would be....

BTW-If your looking for info on them they were known as "Lemon squeezers"
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 11:26:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes Beagles the round black and silver one is the particular one I was interested in. Seemed like a neat idea and would be a nice carry weapon. I'm just suprised the concept hasn't seen any new develepments in the last 60 years or so.
The middle one looks just like a rivet gun, maybe some kinda zip gun.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 12:53:15 PM EDT
[#7]
My mistake.

I've seen some weird guns in my days, but that takes the cake...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top