Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2001 6:13:23 AM EDT
Anyone here taking the test for the US Marshal position? I go to Atlanta on 6-7-01.

ASO544
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 10:21:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I have not tested for it myself, but I was talking to a friend who is a marshall yesterday.  The test used to be VERY hard.  However, due to too many blacks failing the test, it was found to be discriminatory.  Therefore, the test now is a joke so the illiterate blacks can pass.  He estimated the test to be on a high middle school to low high school level. One example he told me of... (paraphrased from memory, but you get the idea)

Prisoner X has to be in court at 8 AM, prisoner Y has be be in court at 11AM.
Which prisoner has to be in court before 9 AM?

This is a "reading comprehension" question.  What a sick, disgusting, disgrace.  Don't even bother to study.  

BTW, the Marshalls are great people. I have never met one who is a jerk.  TOTALLY unlike the FBI.  You have made a good choice, good luck.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 10:31:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I plan to take the test 2001-06-05 in DC.  If the study guide is any indication of what the test is going to be like, it should be a breeze.  Any one with a grasp of the english language should do fine.  

Good luck on your test!!

G45
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 12:20:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, when I got the study guide I thought they must be joking!

ASO544
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top