Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2001 12:34:52 PM EDT
Other than the gear required any advice on what to take? Im taking the 250 (basic).
Thanks
M.
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Pay my way and take me with you! Come on! Please!  [bounce] [bounce] [bounce] [bounce] [bounce]
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#2]
The weather is the only thing to worry about.

Bring a rain coat, and you won't need it.

Bring a winter parka, and you won't need it: You get the idea.

Bring a good sun block: You will need it.

Bring lots of money: Damm if their classes didn't get expensive real quick: Way to go Buzz.

Bring water: We don't have much left: Only kidding.

They will have you drinking so much water you'll be swimming.

If you don't have a place to stay laid out, look in Gunsite's packet they will send you, and look up the Antelope Inn near Prescott's airport.

It's about 25 minutes from Gunsite, but everything you'll need is close by, or on the way to or back from Gunsite.

There's a good carry out Italian food place right there as well as a laundry mat.

That's where I stayed before I moved to the area.

Jay
Arizona
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 2:06:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Elastoplast: sort of a self-stick double-knit moleskin.  Your hands take a beating and this can reinforce any areas that are starting to get raw or develop a blister.
Sunscreen:  Unless you NEVER EVER burn.
Hat: See above.
Shoes or boots with ankle support.
Spare parts: for a 1911-a slide stop and an extractor (adjusted).   For a revolver- take a spare.   For others, ask them at the gunsmithy, they see more handguns fail than most.
More ammo:  FMJ will make clean-up a lot easier than cast.
More PROVEN magazines: cheap magazines will be a pain.
Elbow and knee pads.
Lunch every day: don’t expect to get to anywhere for lunch.   And even if you could, your paying big bucks to be there, not go to McD.
Canteens, Camelback, Jug :  WATER
Pencil, pen, notebook.
Sunglasses and a strap.
Spare corrective lenses.
Spare ear plugs, and/or spare batteries for electronic muffs.
Being from Colorado you are probably used to the altitude (about a mile).   If you're not, come a day or two early to acclimate.
In November the weather is pretty variable, as CAR15M4 said, you probably won’t need a raincoat or a parka, but I’d bring them anyway and leave them in your room.
Have fun.   [:D]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 5:41:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks alot guys, Im pumped and ready.....damn I hate having to wait.
M.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top