Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
5/29/2017 5:35:05 AM
Posted: 5/27/2001 12:00:05 PM EDT
My wife is pretty pissed at this point and it is around a hundred deg. today and the mess is starting to drip down off the barn roof and goats don't smell good when they are alive... Tried 4 inch grapping hook with 2 lbs weight.... finally got it to hook a couple of times.... got about 3 lbs of goat down off roof.... I got out my pressure washer and flopped him around a little. It is a 2500PSI job and even on highest setting would not do much other than flop him around. He must be snagged on the stripping that covers the top where the sheep metal comes together. This is getting pretty gross... The other goats are mumbling in low tones and leering at me malevolently.... Am going back to the VFD to borrow a long extension ladder Thanks to all of you that sent the helpful suggestions.... Patsy dearest.... two things you avoid when you weigh 275 pounds are other people's rattan furniture.... and walking the beams... I borrowed a 20 ft. extension ladder from the VFD and set it up as close to the peak as possible. I glued together 2- 10' pipe joints of 1" PVC and threaded the rope through the pipe twice to form a lasso at one end, and tied a noose in it. After an hour or so of almost falling off... I managed to get him around his horns and tighten the rope by twisting it. I had a lot of rope left over.... so we managed to get the pipe off of the rope. I don't have any room behind the barn to pull him off.... so the rope was actually going over the peak to get to his head on the other side... (from the front of the barn). I tugged a little bit, and though it must have been a leverage problem because of the way it was going over the peak.... I pulled harder and the evil SOB just would not budge.... I had been at it all day.... and was getting pretty upset at this point and made the final mistake of the day.... I unhinged the jeep windshield and lowered it down.... I removed the top and hung it over the clothesline (to be pressure washed later)... and backed the jeep in front of the barn.... I tied the hundred or so feet of rope to the jeep very securely and grinning like an idiot at my cleverness... put it in granny gear and took off...... It was about three seconds before the rope got taut... at which point 3 - 36' pieces of roofing metal came peeling down about halfway to the bottom and the goat catapaulted off pelting me with partially disintegrated goat carcass parts... I am at a loss for words..... I always considered myself kind of an intellectual type..... and jeeez...people like me own guns....
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 12:06:58 PM EDT
Dude, I think you just killed the Anti-Christ. Goat, leader, evil...all of the ingredients necessary for the devil himself. Good Work. Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 12:25:47 PM EDT
Murderer.
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 12:43:28 PM EDT
It's not-miller (anti-gun) time[beer]
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 7:47:31 PM EDT
Funny story, and I thought I had it worse when a colt of mine got stuck in the tack room.
Top Top