Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 5/27/2001 9:00:51 AM EDT
Could someone explain to me how the bolt works in an AR15 pistol? I have never seen one upclose and I can't figure out how it would work without the buffer tube. Does anyone know where you can buy a pistol kit for a breban lower?
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 12:35:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/27/2001 12:54:39 PM EDT by o0o]
Hi! The "bufferless" AR pistols utilize a modofied bolt, kinda like one on a TEC- Not mechanically or dimensionally like a TEC bolt, but similar theory. You can not assemble a pistol from a reciever that has ever been in a rifle configuration. In order for your reciever to be a legal "Pre-Ban", it has had to have been a complete gun at one point in it's life, and 99.999999999% chances are, it wasn't a pistol when it was assembled. So, you can't legally assemble a AR pistol on a Pre lower unless it was a pistol it's whole life. Kinda fucked up, I know. But so is the ATF who makes such rules. Anyway, GarryOwen may be making pistol lowers soon ([url]www.cavalryarms.com[/url])- and I can assure you I will be first on the Buy list. In order to assemble a AR pistol today, it has to be under "50 oz's" in wieght- So a polymer lower or something along those lines is a must. The $400.00 AR pistol kits in ShotgunNews aren't even close to being able to assemble a "under 50 oz" pistol with them, so a legal AR pistol will be spendy. Hope this helps, and remember. I have a gyrojet, and you don't, McUZI
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 1:54:11 PM EDT
There's one of our own members selling one at: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=22176#lastPost[/url] It's a 99% condition [b]post[/b]ban (30 round) AR15 pistol, and it's completely legal! It really is (legal, I mean) - Oly got around it by welding the 30 round mags (Base plates are stamped DPMS). There's a push button on the back (where the buffer tube should be), to pop them open quick (fixed mag = loading with stripers, or loading slow). I like them, can't help it - kinda useless if MV, & accuracy are important, but they definitely deserve a 10 if "cool factor" is important to you. JMO . Kinda curious, is that "NightHawk" - as in "The American Uzi"?
Top Top