Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2001 6:37:43 AM EDT
Was shooting skeet Friday and was on station 8--was shooting a 1967 vintage winchester 1400 skeet gun.  i was straight so i had three shells to shoot.  I was shooting with one guy so we were shooting both sides of station 8 while on the pad...I loaded all three shells (which i never do) and shot the high house-turned to break the two low houses and after breaking first one gun did not fire the second shell--took the shell out and saw a very faint firing mark on the primer--the gun was locked back so i dropped the shell in the receiver and dropped the bolt----KABOOM----the shell fired--don't know what happened but this is a good example of why guns should always be pointed in a safe direction--in my case it blew up some grass and dirt about 15 feet away in a safe direction and scared the sh#t out of me and my buddy but no harm done....Dick
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 6:42:10 AM EDT
[#1]
That scared me, and I wasn't even there.
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 6:57:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Good thing no one was hurt! Bet you scared the shit out of the range kid too!
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 9:37:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reminder.  I bet that was a real wake-up call.
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorta the same thing happened to me, but I was using a Remington 760 .243 pump. Closed the action and BOOM!.....good thing it was pointing down range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top