Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2001 4:10:52 AM EDT
I filed for my fbi/foipa documents a while back. the judge ruled they can withold documents that have agents and 3rd party names on them because it infringes on their right to privacy. however the aclu says they cannot withold entire documents due to this. I already asked that any names or covered parts be redacted, still they refuse , and won't even aknowledge my requests.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know what your situtation is, but their response sounds like a lot of crap to me.  FBI agents have a right to privacy in official documents????  WTF is that all about?  Even my patrol notebook is subject to discovery, no matter whose name is in it.  I'm not an attorney, but I think you're getting jerked around.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#2]
what's a "lawer"?
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Whadjya do bubba? Get yourself a real "lyer" and he'll figure it out fer ya...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top