Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2001 5:34:31 PM EDT
Will the Mexican Gov. issue kevlar vests?

radioman
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#1]
That would seem to be a violation of Posse Comitatus - Military in support of civilian law enforcement.

Actually, the way it would play now is:  The military is being deployed to stop immigrants from choosing where they wish to live.  It is unconstitutional to deny (foreigners) the opportunity to live in "freedom," and of course bring mom, dad, aunts and uncles, neices and nephews, dog, cat, and parakeet along with them.

It used to be "illegal alien."  Next, it was "undocumented immigrant," and now just immigrant whether legal or not.  I think illegal immigration hit a critical mass politically a few years ago.  Both parties want to corner this vote.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#2]
This is not a law inforcement problem, it is a military problem. We are literally under an invasion. It must be hard to see that all the way from Alaska, but from California it is clear as crystal.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Any nation that cannot control its borders cannot long exist.  We are turning into a Balkanized nation, that cannot stay together.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 8:08:30 PM EDT
[#4]
radioman and paspecops state some good views. While the stationing of U.S. troops along the border would put the best people on the job of stemming the tide, it would also quickly degenerate into a "War on Illegal Immigrants" and further the militarization of the civilian police forces.

Before we would do this we need to ask ourselves "Which is the worst evil?"
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I say we have a national lottery, kind of like jury duty.  When it's your turn they hand you a rifle of your choice and sit you in a tower along the border.  For every illegal immigrant you [red]"dispatch"[/red] or [green]discourage[/green] from crossing our border, [size=4][i]you win a prize![/size=4][/i]

Kinda like when you went to chucky cheeze as a kid and won tickets to exchange for prizes.    
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Boom Stick:
I say we have a national lottery, kind of like jury duty.  When it's your turn they hand you a rifle of your choice and sit you in a tower along the border.  For every illegal immigrant you [red]"dispatch"[/red] or [green]discourage[/green] from crossing our border, [size=4][i]you win a prize![/size=4][/i]

Kinda like when you went to chucky cheeze as a kid and won tickets to exchange for prizes.    
View Quote

Hmmm, do I have to be in a tower?
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 11:29:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 11:46:47 PM EDT
[#8]
If the order to deploy were worded correctly, Posse Comitatus 1878 would not apply...

"The President, as Commander-in-Chief of the United States Armed Forces, has determined that the continuing influx of illegal immigrants and the crime, disease, and drug traffic which follows presents a clear and present danger to the safety, security, and public welfare of the People of the United States.
 "Therefore, be it known that elements of the United States Armed Forces are to be immediately deployed along the Northern and Southern land border of the Continental United States.  These force elements have tacit authorisation to use lethal force as required to prevent the inflow of undocumented immigrants, and those who would circumvent established processes for entry into the United States.
 "These forces will operate under the auspices and policies of the Immigration and Naturalisation Service, Department of Justice, and the United States Border Patrol will be removed from DoJ command structure and be seconded to the Department of Defense for the duration of the illegal immigration crisis.
 "DoJ/INS will still retain authority over deportations of detainees and will also maintain control of immigration policy.  DoJ/Border Patrol will advise and train elements of the US Armed Forces in the tactics and strategies of border and immigration control, and will operate jointly with the US Armed Forces elements deployed at the land borders.
 "At-sea border patrol action will be handled cooperatively with the Department of the Navy/United States Coast Guard.  DoJ/Border Patrol agencies will also train, advise, and serve jointly with USCG elements deployed to border operations.  However, USCG rescue operations will retain priority, and all cutters and other USCG ships will maintain surface travelling times of 30 minutes from the nearest USCG/DoJ/BP naval vessel.
 "These deployments shall remain in force until it is determined that they are no longer necessary to staunch the flow of undocumented aliens.  It has been determined by the United States Attorney General and the Department of Justice that these deployments will in no way violate the provisions of the Posse COmitatus Act of 1878, as domestic Law Enforcement operations are neither augmented or supplanted by Federal military forces.
 "Be it so ordered by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and Laws of the United States of America, as President and Commander-in-Chief."

FFZ
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 11:52:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 12:26:16 AM EDT
[#10]
We could sell hunting licences and that would keep the miltary out of it all and it will solve the problem also.

Six
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top