Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2001 2:19:46 PM EDT
If so, how can I get my hands on a machine gun? I am moving there in about 1-2 more months and am saving up for a Colt M16 (almost there). I know I am required to pay all those extra taxes, do I need to know anything else? Will it be hard for me to get one? Also, what are the laws about CCW? Where can I get a CCW, how long do I have to wait for it, and can an ordinary guy get one? Thanks for any replies, I can't wait to get the hell out of the PRK.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 2:40:03 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to talk to Kelly at machine gun Kelly's off of sunset rd... they're fair and stock a pretty good selection of class III stuff.

[www.machinegunkellys.com]

(702)837-8383

Tuesday - Saturday 10 a.m.- 5:30 p.m.

1631 E. Sunset Rd., #C-109 Las Vegas, NV 89119

Link Posted: 5/25/2001 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Also, anyone can get a CCW out here, and it'll cost you less than $200 for everything including the class. You will have to wait around 3 months for the state to process the paperwork, but it isn't hard to get one. I took my class at The Gun Store on east Tropicana, I dunno the address but it's easy to look up when you get here. Ask for Dave, he'll take care of you, and make you laugh while he's at it. Drop me an email when you get here, we'll go put holes in the desert.

pardon the link I left in the last reply, I dunno how to make them live yet
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info. I'll email you once I get settled in. While I was there last month, I drove by a few gun shops. One was The Gun Shop on Tropicana, and can't remember the other one. I stayed at Suncoast and loved the waitresses!!!!!!! They are the best looking IMO out of the others. I won $1300 in craps and blackjack. I would have bought a preban, but wouldn't know where to keep it. The dealer probably laugh in my face if I showed him my CA DL. LOL . Anyway, I'll give you a holler.
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 12:38:18 PM EDT
[#5]
It's pretty easy to get a machine gun here in Vegas.  There are many good class 3 dealers in town and most are pretty fair.  I currently have a M16A1 pending transfer on a form 4 from Lee with Center Mass Firearms.  His phone number is (702)558-7890 and is you one the most knowledgable guys in the industry.  Getting your CLEO signoff is pretty easy as well.  You just fill out a Application for Automatic Weapon form from the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (I can fax you one) and just drop it off along with your complete form 4's with pictures attached to the CCW window at the county courthouse.  They will call you in about 1-2 weeks and tell you it is ready.  Pick it up and your on your way, no questions.  Your in luck as far a CCW's are concerned too.  You take about an 8 hour class from any of the gun stores, quailify with you chosen weapons (very easy), get your mugshots and fingerprints taken at the courthouse.  In about 3 months you will get your permit in the mail which is good for 5 years from your nearest birthday.  Your also in luck because until about a week ago you were limited to only 2 handguns on your permit but a bill just past that removes the limit on the number.  I took me class from Nevada Pistol Academy (702)897-1100 and they will give you the applications and sign off on your Utah and Florida CCW's at the same time as Nevada's.  This allows you to carry in something like 22 states.  Not a bad deal.  I hope I have answered most of you questions but email me if you have any other.  I can't wait for my M16 to get approved so I can take out my Beta C-mag and my box of Skylight high explosive binary targets out and blow some S*** up.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Before you get your hopes up you better get rid of your Kalifornicommiecation drivers license.
Get a Nevada DL, register to vote, register your cars/trucks/motorcycles/boats with Nevada, get your utilities going, buy a house.
That shitty Kalifornicommiecation DL will screw you over if you want to buy anything that is banned in Kalifornicommiecation.
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 4:25:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Before you get your hopes up you better get rid of your Kalifornicommiecation drivers license.
Get a Nevada DL, register to vote, register your cars/trucks/motorcycles/boats with Nevada, get your utilities going, buy a house.
That shitty Kalifornicommiecation DL will screw you over if you want to buy anything that is banned in Kalifornicommiecation.
View Quote

why would he do all of that when the only thing he needs to do is change his dl a rent an Apt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top