Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2001 9:25:56 AM EDT
Went to see "Shrek" last night.  It is a hilarious movie that will largely be lost on younger kids.  Older kids who have seen enough Disney movies to understand the references should appreciate it, though.  Eddie Murphy steals the show as the talking donkey.  This one is worth spending a few bucks to see.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 9:28:40 AM EDT
[#1]
That's pretty much the same thing I heard.  We'll probably go see it tonight.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#2]
It's gotta beat the hell out of "Pearl Horror".

[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 10:45:24 AM EDT
[#3]
YA'LL ARE TARDS IF YOU THINK SHREK IS A GOOD MOVIE. I TELL YOU A GOOD MOVIE,DAISY DOES DALLAS.
[-!-!-]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 12:28:12 PM EDT
[#4]
i am with bsme on that one shrek is a fucked up movie.  [whacko]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I like it, but I also think Mike Myers is one of the best comedians in movies today.
People should check out his unknown gem "So I Married An Ax Murderer".
I saw "Shrek" with some kids and I thought it was funnier than they did.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 12:46:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Shrek was excellent, very funny movie. Took my wife and four year old to see it and it was suitable for his age and ours as well.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 1:38:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Its odd to see the newspaper reviews actually agreeing with me on this one!  The local papers gave Pearl Harbor 3 stars and Shrek 4.

Pearl Harbor owes more to Titanic than any war movie.  I starts with the two main characters as kids, then they are pilots in the Army Air Corps, one goes of the Eagle Squadron in England, and wouldn't you know it- THEY ARE THE ONLY TWO PILOTS TO GET OFF THE GROUND DURING THE ATTACK ON PEARL HARBOR.  And to finish it off, they go on Doolittle's run as well!

Shrek on the other hand had plenty of references to Disney movies that my 10 and 12 yr old picked up on. My son absolutely loved the title characters noxious odors and personal hygiene habits, while my daughter loved the kick ass Matrix style fighting ability of the princess.   I really enjoyed the humour, though some of it was too fast for my kids to pick up on.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Disney is pro gay, can't see supporting their movies...
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Dirk Pitt:
Disney is pro gay, can't see supporting their movies...
View Quote

umm...whatever your feelings about homosexuals, Shrek isn't a Disney movie.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#10]
That makes it easier to go see it dosen't it?
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 4:48:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Yep, it`s Dreamworks.
I just got back from it, took my three kids. They dug it and I did too. A good time movie.
Saw Pearl yesterday, I liked it. A B-.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 4:53:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Spielberg is a big 2nd supporter, and an NRA life member.  We should support his films.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 7:14:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Spielberg is a big 2nd supporter, and an NRA life member.  We should support his films.
View Quote

um... you sure?
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Rikwriter, etc...we know Shrek isn't a Disney movie.
I'm pretty sure they were referring to Pearl Harbor (Disney flick).  I heard it was mediocre at best, and not worthy of being a "summer hit".  Heard Shrek was worth it, however, so I'll probably sneak into my local theatre tomorrow and see for myself.

Besides, gives me a reason to go play that "chrono crisis" SMG game, or whatever the hell it's called.  I've become addicted.

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I saw Pearl Harbor yesterday. It was okay...not horrible by any means. Not a masterpiece, nothing as emotionally impacting as Saving Private Ryan, but a good action flick with good special effects.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Ya'll want to see a kick ass movie go see The Mummy Returns. You want to talk about a great movie, that is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[whacko][sniper]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 9:04:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I've been disappointed with all of my latest movie goings.  Out of "Shrek", "Mummy Returns", "A Knight's Tale" and "Pearl Harbor", I can truly say that none of them were spectacular.  Nothing wrong with 'em, but I'm really waiting for something good to come along.

If you have to see any movie this week, though, go see "Shrek" or "The Mummy Returns"...they were the most enjoyable by far.

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top