Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 9:18:48 AM EDT
[#1]
  Halfcocked;

I'm from the Muskegon Area. I'm pretty sure they shoot IDPA matches up in Cadillac. I've never shot in one but would love to give it a try this summer. Any Takers?
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Crowboy, I love living in the UP, but that isn't the reason I moved here. My folks moved here right after I got married, taking all of my siblings with them. After 25 years, I decided it was time to live near famly. I work a 40 hr week instead of the 80-90 I was used to-farming. It's at least a 4 hr drive to a 600 yd range. I used to live 3 hrs from the gate at Camp Perry. The shooters are great in this area and we team up to share traveling expenses. I regularly shoot with Paul Kerr, last years Jr Service Rifle Champ. He lent me a lot of gear last year when I didn't have much. His dad, Mark has been a real help with my shooting.

I lost about 2 months of good summer by moving up here and gained so much more time to enjoy it.

Fred
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
OK, too much info pal, what I meant was explain "Bucket of Smelt" Anyone got a recipe?
View Quote

How hard can it be to deep-fry fish-bait?
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 4:23:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 4:50:29 PM EDT
[#6]
52. Squirrel are more common than any single bird population.

LOL@Half of pocket change is Canadian. Damn maple leaves. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 5:10:51 PM EDT
[#7]
is this for the U.P or lower Michigan?
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 5:14:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Garry, because I was born and raised in the Port Huron area, I can relate to most of the posts. My kids have vacationed at Cedar Point, when I was in that area, I made better use of my time, at Camp Perry. Now that I live in the UP, most of it still fits. Only now we don't go "up north", we go "to camp".

Crowboy, last summer we went to see Old Mission lighthouse in the middle of June. The July 4th weekend, we went out to the Minneapolis Shoal lighthouse, just to say we've been there. Another pastime.

Fred
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 3:59:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 4:58:05 AM EDT
[#11]
As a Michigan resident, I have to take issue with a couple of things:

1. You've never met any celebrities.
View Quote

Yeah, so what? Like people from Alabama are lunching with Jennifer Aniston?

6. You drive 86 mph on the highway and pass on the right.
View Quote

What's wrong with 86mph? The faster I go from point A to point B, the more time I get to go shooting.

And who cares if I pass on the right? Am I expected to waste half a damn day waiting for your sorry ass to get out of the left lane?

8. You know how to play (and pronounce) Euchre.
View Quote

If you're telling me euchre is a "Michigan-only" thing, I'll eat my shorts.

13. You end your sentences with a preposition; example: "Where's my coat at?"
View Quote

I happen to like my imperfect grammar. Gives me character.

22. You know what "cow tipping" and "snipe hunting" are.
View Quote

Done both. Like both.

27. Shoveling the driveway constitutes a great upper body workout.
View Quote

Right. I guess all the pantywastes in the other states all own snowblowers.

I could go on, but this list just pisses me off because now when I go to another state, I'm gonna have a complex!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top