Link Posted: 5/24/2001 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#2]
That is total Bullshit. To bad for her.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 12:48:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the entire world has gone nutz
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 12:53:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Scary, what State is that? I am guessing Cali.

Florida eh?

That school administrator has the common sense God gave a rock.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Florida,Fort Meyer's area.     "Brown said she thinks the knife was left over from her move over the weekend when she used her car to cart boxes to her new duplex.

Brown parked her 1991 Geo Storm in a space not designated for her use, prompting school officials to take a closer look at the car.

They saw the knife on the floor of the passenger’s side, a report said.

Brown, who was already inside the school, came out and gave Scheall permission to search the car.

Possession of a weapon on school property — including the parking lot — carries a penalty of up to five years in prison."

Link Posted: 5/24/2001 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#6]
A felony for a having a steak knife in her car.
Hahaha what a joke.

who the hell makes up this law anyways.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Just a little reminder of how "Project Exile" will be run.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 1:07:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
Just a little reminder of how "Project Exile" will be run.
View Quote

"Even if you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they [b][i][u]aren't[/u][/i][/b] out to get you."

[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 1:10:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I doubt the prosecuter will go after her with the felony charge. Those guys are politicians. Doing so would be political suicide. In fact, I doubt anything will come of it other than the fact she won't be able to graduate with her peers.

Should it go to court and the prosecuter is dead set on going after a felony conviction, what are the odds of locating an impartial jury? Any jurer with have a brain will nullify the charge without a second thought.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I can see the paradise

No one has guns, knives, sharp pins, staplers, paper clips, or screwdrivers.

You have to have permission from an LEO to go anywhere.

Your phone is tapped.

All transactions with a credit card are monitored.

Hey, wait a minute, that sounds like jail!
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Isn't FL one of those states which consider one's car to be an extension of their home? I think she may very well end up being a rich girl after the district settles.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#12]
You would think that common sense would occur to those idiots tormenting that poor girl. Surely they must realize that there was no malicious intent on her part. Zero tolerance type laws affect too many innocent people. They are designed to wipe the problem away rather than effectively, and more importantly, using common sense to take care of problems. A hard lesson for her not checking her car for "weapons".
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 2:22:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Big Brother Is Watching You!
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Zero tolerance is all about strict enforcement of existing laws.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#15]
She's kinda hot...The "weepy" look really works for her[}:D]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 2:28:47 PM EDT
[#16]
CRACK KILLS!
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#17]
"Rules are rules............"" What bullsh!t!!! In order to prove a crime, you have to prove intent to commit a crime.  If that was my daughter, I'd be in jail for kicking the superintendant's a$$...  Lookout, chaingun!  [moon]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Lord almighty....what is our society becoming?  May God and anyone he can get to help save us.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#19]
[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Here's where the "Jury Box" comes in.  She's up for a FELONY charge?  The jury should laugh that right the hell out of court.

Unless, of course, the Judge tells them that "jury nullification" is illegal.

[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Here's where the "Jury Box" comes in.  She's up for a FELONY charge?  The jury should laugh that right the hell out of court.

Unless, of course, the Judge tells them that "jury nullification" is illegal.

[sniper]
View Quote

The precedent has already been set by the kalidiots state supreme court. Basically the judge can kick jurors off the panel they practice jury nullification.

The jury box has been neutered. There is only one box remaining.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#22]
I see that picture, and all I can think of is...

"Do it in da butt!"

The Ladies Man; in case you didn't know already.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 3:11:55 PM EDT
[#23]
The CAR is a more lethal weapon!
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
The jury box has been neutered. There is only one box remaining.
View Quote

I'm not as convinced of this as you (yet).  And neither is most of the country, including most of the contributors here.

We very well may get to the point where it's time to feed the hogs - but not yet.  There will have to be some more really boneheaded actions by the Feds that outrage Joe Sixpack before that kind of action will be popular enough to be accepted, and it [b]must[/b] be accepted or it can't be successful.  

If it can't be successful, we might as well eat a bullet for all the good we'd do.  It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees, but it's better yet to die with a reason than simply from despair in futility.

[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Man, this Estero High School Principal Fred Bode has way too much time on his hands.  People are getting killed, crime is going crazy and...  It is so stupid,if it wasn't a felony.  PC has gone awry.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 4:33:42 PM EDT
[#27]
She cooporated herself into jail.
Under the given circumstances the actions of the
school are an outrage. However, she gave a police officer permission to search her car.
Never give them permission to search if they ask for it. Have them make the case before a Judge for a search warrant. Never park in a place not designated for parking.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#28]
The principle need a dose of street justice, what an asshole. His name is Bode, but it probably a psuedonym for Reno. This is right out of the political correctness handbook of the slimy left. It it was my daughter, that sob would have to get to graduation on a gurney with IV's, and I would glady spend a few days in the slammer. Fuck Him and his school system.
that why my kids are home schooled to avoid trash like that.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Hangfire's right. She shouldn't have given the cop permission to search her car. But the reason she did is because she was taught in a public school, where they get used to illegal searches.    F.ing bastards. Jury should nullify this charge. Principals are all out there for a power trip, they like the control, but they are out of control.

She is hot though.[:P]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Sinistral beat me to it......

Heres the number 941-947-9400 ask for Fred Bode, if you really wanna freak him out, tell him your a member of AR15.com, it will be FOR GREAT JUSTICE.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:12:56 PM EDT
[#31]
[email protected]

Here is an e-mail address to go with the phone number.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
She cooporated herself into jail.
View Quote

You are correct, sir.
How street savy were you at her age?
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

[img]http://www.news-press.com/biz/today/010523nograduation-v.jpg[/img]
View Quote

"My boyfriends isnt that big"!?!
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:26:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#35]
You guys don't understand -- that knife under the seat constituted a "clear and present danger!"

Superintendent Responds to Estero High School Student Arrest

"Yesterday a student was suspended from Estero High School for having a knife in her car on campus.  The Lee County School District has a Code of Conduct for students which indicates that weapons are prohibited on school campuses.  The Principal of Estero High School has taken disciplinary action regarding the weapon possession that is consistent with the Code of Conduct  for students and consistent with prior disciplinary actions taken regarding similar incidents.  

"High academic achievement does not shield a student from the consequences of his/her behavior.  To treat students fairly, we must apply the Code to all students.

"The facts in this matter justify the suspension from school and the removal from the commencement exercises.  Leaving a knife in a car parked in the school parking lot presented a clear and present danger to students at that school.  While it’s unfortunate that one student will not be able to participate in the commencement exercises, it would have been tragic had someone taken that knife from the car and ended the life of someone who would have graduated.

"Lee County Schools are safe places precisely because our principals taken firm stands against any conduct that threatens the well being of students.  

[url]http://www.lee.k12.fl.us/district/news/TS052301.htm[/url]

That is the link to the Lee County School district site where the superintendent was quoted.  There are e-mail links.  Share your thoughts.  Please, share your thought.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Please excuse me while I go shoot myself, this is THAT stupid!

radioman
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#37]
I use to worry about getting old.  You know, the more things I see and read, the more convinced I am that I don't want to be here 60 years from now.  I can't believe what this country is coming to.  

We are no longer a democracy, we are a country that is ruled by a very small minority of "Donnie and Denise DoGooder's".  

Where did we go so wrong that the majority is now either afraid to stand up or shouted down as being politically incorrect.

This represents a typical example of a "little person" with a huge ego put in a position of having way too much authority.  He is sitting at home right now feeling so proud of himself while his head is getting even bigger from all of the media attention.  This is a very dangerous person in the making.

He and people like him represent the danger lurking around the corner that we need to be most worried about.  Don't look at the present government look at people like this today because they are the ones who tomorrow are going to be instrumental in destroying what few rights we have left.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 6:30:24 PM EDT
[#38]
"If it saves but one life isn't it worth it giving up all common sense"
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 6:34:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Welcome to the Internet!!!

Here's Estero High School's Web site:

[url]http://www.lee.k12.fl.us/schools/est/estero/Default.htm[/url]

And to save you the trouble of a couple of mouse clicks, here's Principal Fred Bode's email address:

[url]mailto:[email protected][/url]

Tell Mr. Bode what you think of his policy!
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Darin Marple:
I can see the paradise

No one has guns, knives, sharp pins, staplers, paper clips, or screwdrivers.......

View Quote

Excuse me, but you left out blunt objects, which can cause serious injury or death.  Obviously, to protect the students and staff, we'll also have to ban textbooks, which could be used to conk someone.

Sounds like another line of business for Gecko-san

[red]PRK
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Zero Tolerence = Zero Common Sense! We've become a nation of idiots ready to swallow any hit to our freedom for a little more "security". Really sad.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Here's my e-mail to the moron principal:

"Leaving a knife in a car parked in the school parking lot presented a clear and present danger to students at that school."

Mr. Bode, I cannot believe that you could actually write drivel like that and mean it.  Tom Clancy you are not, and Ms. Brown is hardly a Columbian drug cartel.  I was going to say "and any idiot could see that", but apparently you aren't just ANY idiot.

"Zero Tolerance" has come to mean "zero sense".  If you and the administration who apparently backs you were any sharper, you'd have to keep yourselves off campus because you'd think you resemble knives.

If you have ANY sense, you will allow that girl to attend Commencement, you will have the charges against her DROPPED and you will hope like hell this little incident goes away without a lawsuit.  No WONDER our kids are turning out screwed up with people like YOU in charge of EDUCATING THEM!

Yours is but the LATEST example of why home schooling is getting to be so popular.

Link Posted: 5/24/2001 7:07:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Dear Mr. Bode,

You stated that Ms. Brown is to be suspended and withheld from all senior activities for the remaining week.

Please define "is".
Thank You.

Sincerely,

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 7:16:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Actually, if he keeps it up I expect he will be the next president of the NEA!

Quoted:
If he thinks a knife is a "clear and present danger" to the students of the school, he's gonna find out that his attitude is a clear and present danger to the status of his employment prospects.

-Troy
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 7:24:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Stolen from www.boortz.com:

Dear Sir:

I read of this student's plight courtesy of the Neal Boortz website.  My son was just graduated from high school and is headed to college.  I began a new career as a teacher at a nationally ranked university in Atlanta in January.  My son has been quite helpful in driving and helping us move from the north Georgia mountains back to the city.  So indeed I am in a similar situation to Lindsay's parents.

My understanding is that Miss Brown will not participate in her graduation ceremony at your school because she inadvertantly brought a kitchen knife onto school property in her car.  Allegedly, it had fallen out while she was moving things for her parents.

I can tell you right now that if someone had sent my son to jail over an incident like this and had tried to eliminate a hard-working achieving
student from his reward for being just that, I would be doing the following:

1. Every school administrator at the school up to and including the superintendent would be getting a summons for a lawsuit.
2. I would ask for a restraining order from the Superior Court to prevent further actions before graduation.
3. I would be on every talk show between Miami and Washington   DC telling the world what kind of mindless stupidity is possesed by the school administrators.
4. Finally, I would have my son enrolled in a private non-government school for the minimum amount of time required as a transfer student to
get a diploma from an institution where people think instead of react.  

Your response to this incident, if accurate, has reduced school officials to the level of Pavlovian dogs. Surely you are capable of thinking.  I
know that this is just a mindless knee-jerk reaction to school violence particularly Columbine.  No tolerance policies are not the answer as they
punish the wrong group as well as the right group.  No, the answer is the enormous lack of involvement of parents and religious leaders in the lives of teenagers and students, which has been fostered by government policy  

I grew up in an era when all boys (and some girls) carried pocketknives to school to clean their nails and to whittle on the playground.  Now I bet you would be expelled from school for carrying a nail clipper in your bag.

___________ , M.D.

Link Posted: 5/24/2001 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#47]
This sort of thing happens with alarming frequency. The generation that they are hoping will ban all firearms is being taught an important lesson. They are being taught what irrational reactionist laws are all about. That generation may go from being the antis best hope to being the saviors of our individual freedoms all because of the antis Fascist mentality.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 7:42:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Tangle S:
I use to worry about getting old.  You know, the more things I see and read, the more convinced I am that I don't want to be here 60 years from now.  I can't believe what this country is coming to.  

We are no longer a democracy, we are a country that is ruled by a very small minority of "Donnie and Denise DoGooder's".  

Where did we go so wrong that the majority is now either afraid to stand up or shouted down as being politically incorrect.

This represents a typical example of a "little person" with a huge ego put in a position of having way too much authority.  He is sitting at home right now feeling so proud of himself while his head is getting even bigger from all of the media attention.  This is a very dangerous person in the making.

He and people like him represent the danger lurking around the corner that we need to be most worried about.  Don't look at the present government look at people like this today because they are the ones who tomorrow are going to be instrumental in destroying what few rights we have left.
View Quote

I'm glad I didn't have to type all of that.
But I agree with every bit of it so just pretend I did!

Link Posted: 5/24/2001 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#49]
instead of balling about it, and saying prayer's
I would get an attorney and fight about it.slap a lawsuit. I think the cop knows if this was really a deadly weapon or it was all about this big bust, and a promotion or something.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#50]
This is just another example of the liberal "Educrats" at work. I am so sick of hearing them say "It's for the children". We hear these stories over and over again of gradeschool children being expelled or arrested for playing cops and robbers, or drawing a picture of a gun or a knife for a school paper. Where has common sense gone?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top