Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2001 8:59:02 PM EDT
Anyone here use it?  Is it any good?

I am thinking of upgrading my choice of weapon.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Get an Autococker.

Has enough customized parts and accessories for it like a 1911 pistol. You can dress it up to your heart's content.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy an Automag in my experience.  All the Tippman products I have used over the years have been sub-par tourny pieces.  Admittedly I have no personal experience with the 98 first hand but I have tons of experience with Tippman in general, buy somewhere else.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 9:46:47 PM EDT
[#3]
i sent you an email
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 10:13:32 PM EDT
[#4]
It is not the best gun out there, but in my opinion, it is the best for the money.  It is very low maintenance and highly reliable and has a nice trigger.  It feels great in your hands.  This is a much improved gun over the previous tippmanns.  This is an excellent starter/mid-level gun, however, I would recommend the custom which is the same but already comes with the necessary mods for the response trigger system if you wish to upgrade someday and does not effect on price at all.  Also the stock barrel is the weakest link and would strongly urge to consider the flatline barrel or boomstick barrel as an immidiate upgrade as either of these will increase range by about 70 feet and highly increase accuracy.  Talk to your local pro shop or field and they will tell you how reliable they are.  Check out prices at thepaintballstore.com on gun only and package deals of the model 98.  The Autococker and Automag are excellent guns, (I have a Minimag) but if you are just playing with friends on weekends and not in tournament play, you do not need to spend the extra cash.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top