Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2001 3:38:19 PM EDT
I am getting a Ruger PC4 carbine and would like some thoughts or opinions on this rifle.  Are there any problem areas with the rifle or are there any upgrades that "you just have to have!".  I am considering on converting it to use Glock mags so there is a common element between my pistols and it.  Any thoughts on that modification or shops to recommend where it can be done.  Thanks in advance for your input, ibuytoys.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 4:17:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm also looking at buying one of these but I'm trying to find last year's model with the Ghost Ring Sights.

BTT for info. . .
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:08:43 PM EDT
[#3]
If you buy one without ghostring sights you
wont be happy. They are really cool little guns and the USA 30 round mags work fine in them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:21:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a PC9 and found it to be reliable, accurate and fun to shoot.  Then i went and traded it in on a AR.

13th Monkey
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I sold all of my handgun caliber rifles. If I'm going to have a rifles cost & weight I want a rifles power and range.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a PC 9 and it is a fun little rifle to shoot. It spends much of it's time in the safe, but I will never get rid of it.

I have about three USA/Pro Mag 30rnd mags that work great in it, and three factory 15rnd Ruger Mags.

The only draw back I see is very little to no upgrades. Though I have been considering mounting a Scorpion/Sure Fire on it and useing it as a home defense weapon. For now, it sits in the safe.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Our PD bought six of them to test out.  I had to be dragged kicking and screaming to zero them and check em out.  I reluctantly tip my hat to them.  Accurate, reliable, robust.  Sights suck.  Bitch to clean.  One of the six is a one holer.  You could do worse.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:14:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I figured it would be fun to shoot and maybe use to break in the newbie shooters.  A member from ruger forum gave me a link to a co. that makes a weaver rail adaptor for it and I ordered that to mount a Tasco PDP-5 on it.  But if the SHTF I would definitely grab the AR first.  -ibuytoys
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:47:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Why would you need to convert to a glock mag? you can get ruger mags everywhere at good prices. Unless you are carring a glock pistol and want to use the same mags? I'm not sure the switch will work.
just my 0.02 Ron
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Me dear little mother (76) has one she shoots in carbine class in the pin matches.  Heavy for the caliber, but you'd have to load 'em with C4 to blow one up, I think.  Reliable, but "clunky" is my impression.  Bang, clank, clunk, thud, bang, clank, clunk.....
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 11:59:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I figure convert it to use Glock mags because I have a bunch of them for my G22 and G23.  I found a place that will do it for $160 and supposedly some P.D.'s also convert for the same reason.  I've been searching on the boards for Ruger .40S&W  P-Series mags but haven't found any.  A few people said aftermarket mags such as Promag or Meggar work just fine.  I've had some bad experiences with USA mags so I'm kind of hesitant to purchase aftermarket mags nowdays.  -ibuytoys
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top