Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2001 12:00:44 PM EDT
I have a friend who is looking at getting a used Khar 9mm.  It is the metal framed compact, not the polymer (P9 I think).  What is  a good price, they guy is asking $320 for it.  Do these pistols have any problems like a S&W Sigma or are they a quality piece?  Any info you guys can provide would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife has a micro K9 and it's been a great gun.  Very well made, runs like a champ.

I haven't heard of any problems.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Glocktalk has a good thread about them [url]http://glocktalk.com/docs/gtubb/Forum13/HTML/019776.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 12:15:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got the P9 and love it.

I've never heard any major negatives about ANY Kahr models, other than some poeple don't care for the long trigger pull.

If its in good condition, with 2 mags, that sounds like a good price to me.

Link Posted: 5/22/2001 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys, that glocktalk link helped.  He is going to get it sometime this week or maybe next.  I'll let you know how it turns out.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 12:40:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Absolutely great guns.  Been using one in IDPA for two years now.  Never a jam, great ergonomics, easy to shoot well...
Go here and see what Michiguns has to say about them.  [url]http://www.m-guns.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 12:50:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Really decent guns.  That price sounds like a good price.

Trigger pull is a little long and mushy, for lack of a better word.

I had the P9 and it was good for concealed carry, with its polymer frame.

Link Posted: 5/22/2001 2:40:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Polymer KP-9 and it's a great little gun. The metal frame version is a bit heavier and kinda defeats the purpose of having such a tiny little "glock". It's pretty accurate though and easy on the hands. It is very narrow and could be carried concealed with out a lot of discomfort.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 2:54:09 PM EDT
[#8]
 I have the Micro K-9 and It is my favorite carry gun . It shoots reliable and is pretty small .
             I prefer to shoot my my 5900 stainless but to carry ..... the Kahr wins .
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 3:01:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I personally would NEVER own a KHAR,here's why.The company that makes Khar pistols as well as the newly acquired "Thommy Gun" rights is owned by the religeous cult leader Reverend Sun Young Moon.That's right they are Moonie guns and every dollar you spend on them goes to that freak brainwashing cult leader.NOT TO THE CULT MEMBERS mind you,but this company holding is by the Reverend himself.Do not support this anti American Korean cult leader.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Doh?!? Really! So am I a moonie now? Wheres my mail order bride. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 7:31:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Back when I was stateside, there was a local gunshop running an "LEO Only" deal on Kahrs, a really good price which included tritium sights.  

When I asked the guy behind the counter about the "LEO Only" part, he told me that it applied to active duty military also, so I put an MK40 on order.  I intended to use it for concealed carry, and in comparing it with a Glock 27, I liked its grip angle better.

As I waited for it to come in, I then started thinking hard about the 5-6 shot capacity, as compared to the Glock's 9.  When the month went by and still no gun, I cancelled the order and picked up a Glock 27.

Don't know if anyone else has seen these "LEO Only" deals, but the cost was about $150-$200 less than the regular price.

Quoted:
I personally would NEVER own a KHAR,here's why.The company that makes Khar pistols as well as the newly acquired "Thommy Gun" rights is owned by the religeous cult leader Reverend Sun Young Moon.That's right they are Moonie guns and every dollar you spend on them goes to that freak brainwashing cult leader.NOT TO THE CULT MEMBERS mind you,but this company holding is by the Reverend himself.Do not support this anti American Korean cult leader.
View Quote

[b]Josey[/b] - I know that the designer's name is JUSTIN Moon, as stated on their website, but I've never heard of the connection that you're talking about.  

From what source did you get your information ?

Chris
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 3:30:11 AM EDT
[#12]
SODIE-No you are not a moonie,you are only one of many unsuspecting finantial coffers of the Reverend.
MRCR0603-Justin Moon is The Reverend Sun Myung Moons' SON.
USPC40-You want proof?What do you think I made this up?"WTF", is right,"Outrageous" is right,Rev. Moon owning Khar Arms is true.

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/daily/march99/moon10.htm
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:09:49 AM EDT
[#13]
So what if the Moonies own Kahr ([b]not[/b] "Khar", BTW)?  I'd rather have them running a useful and legitimate business instead of pushing anti-gun politics like some of the Christian churches do.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#14]
The "Big deal" is that there are many other manufacturers which could use the business and that make as good if not better a weapon than KAHR.Then you would not have to give money to a facist scumbag like moon,who takes young teenage girls and "REPROGRAMS" their minds  into being slaves to the Reverend.Anyone who would defend or support the Moonies is either ignorant or a moonie themselves,do the research into what these Moonies are all about and you wont be giving these pieces of shit one red cent more of your money let alone another $700.00,Josey out!!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#15]
So Moon Senior is an arrogant, manipulative slimeball.  I already knew that.  But should anyone buy a less capable defensive handgun just to spite him?  The guy already has a ton of money; I don't think that another five or ten dollars of profit from a K9 is going to get him all that much closer to world domination.    

You might as well stop buying gasoline to avoid giving money to the Islamic nutbars in the Middle East.

P.S.: I wonder if you could de-program a Moonie by turning him over to the Scientologists. [whacko]
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 5:36:01 PM EDT
[#16]
There are plenty and I do mean PLENTY self defense handguns which are as good or BETTER than those MOONIE KAHR's. Kimber,Glock,Beretta,Kel Tech,Springfield,Walther,Para Ordinance,Makarovs,HK,Sig Arms,Taurus,Charles Daly,Mauser,Ruger and S+W(Even though Ruger+S+W are sell outs)

Many of these manufacturers make a far better Concealed Carry weapon than the Moonie Kahr at about the same price.So don't even try to tell me that Kahr makes the only or best defensive handgun,your options are limitless.If I had as many options in Gasoline as I do have in defensive handgun you can bet your ass I wouldn't be buying that terrorist petrol,Josey out.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There are plenty and I do mean PLENTY self defense handguns which are as good or BETTER than those MOONIE KAHR's. Kimber,Glock,Beretta,Kel Tech,Springfield,Walther,Para Ordinance,Makarovs,HK,Sig Arms,Taurus,Charles Daly,Mauser,Ruger and S+W(Even though Ruger+S+W are sell outs)

Many of these manufacturers make a far better Concealed Carry weapon than the Moonie Kahr at about the same price.So don't even try to tell me that Kahr makes the only or best defensive handgun,your options are limitless.If I had as many options in Gasoline as I do have in defensive handgun you can bet your ass I wouldn't be buying that terrorist petrol,Josey out.
View Quote

As a long time Kahr owner I'll take the K9 for concealed carry. The gun is very accurate, very small/flat and 100% reliable. I've put a thousand + rounds thru mine with zero malfunctions. It's a QUALITY piece.  I'll take it over any Kel-tec, Makarov, Taurus, Mauser, Ruger, S&W or Charles Daly! OK, Moon may be a nut case, but Kahr makes GREAT firearms!
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have a friend who is looking at getting a used Khar 9mm.  It is the metal framed compact, not the polymer (P9 I think).  What is  a good price, they guy is asking $320 for it.  Do these pistols have any problems like a S&W Sigma or are they a quality piece?  Any info you guys can provide would be appreciated.
View Quote

Make sure it has a dovetailed front sight. The economy version(E9) doesn't and wouldn't be a good deal at $320. Get a K9 and you can go with tritium sights!
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#19]
This was beaten to death an the old AR15 list a while ago.
In the end it turns out that while Kahr is a company that is part of the Moon empire, the son himself was some sort of a party animal who always wanted to run his own busisness. Like many people with money and or rich parents he (or his father) bought him his own firearms company.
That Kahr is as sucsessful as it is is not due to it being owned by a Moonie, they make a pretty good firearm and are a good company.
I also remember that by the time the thread was over it had broken down into a sort of religous flame war, most of the paralells that were drawn were like what's the difference between "good ole Vern" at Waco and that "nutty Moonie guy"? They both practice(d) their own weird (for me, chill dudes) form of religion, but it is a protected right under the constitution, and since Moonie jr. was building firearms so sell in the USA it wasen't that bad of a thing.
Of course Moonie jr wasn't murdered either.
Such is life.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 8:26:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Isn't anyone going to claim that Kahr/Moon bought Auto Ordnance so they can arm their zombie legions with tommy guns?

"Must... obey... great... prophet... Must... carry... overweight... subgun!"

[moon]

Hmmmm... I wonder how many AR15.commers would join the Amway cult if they sold ammo.

Link Posted: 5/24/2001 1:56:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Josey wrote:

USPC40-You want proof?What do you think I made this up?"WTF", is right,"Outrageous" is right,Rev. Moon owning Khar Arms is true.
View Quote

Thank you.  Proof was all I asked for.  To avoid people not believing you in the future, it's always good to have a link to a reputable source on the net as your back-up.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
As long as you practice what you preach,I'm sure you have NEVER posted a comment without having a "Source" link attached to it right USPC40?No thanks, you can do the research from now on if you don't believe what is posted.If you find a statement in err,feel free to research it and post YOUR proof.I've got better things to do with my time than make sure YOU believe me,Josey OUT.BTT
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#22]
The Moonie 9!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#23]
BTW, the Moonies "own" the Republican party too, so y'all better not be supporting their evil plans by voting Republican either.

http://www.coastalpost.com/97/9/4.htm

http://www.geocities.com/alanjpakula/triple2.html#Moon

http://perkel.com/politics/moonies/index.htm
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 2:21:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Good point Matt,this is why any true freedom fighter votes Libertarian.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 2:23:29 AM EDT
[#25]
[uzi]                 [rocket]
[pyro]                [frag]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top