Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2001 1:05:07 AM EDT

As I have said before, I TRY and take an anti OR a virgin to the range EVERYTIME I go....Today it was a pro gun, female virgin....

She was all hyped up and raring to go, UNTIL we got inside the actual range and she heard the first shot. The poor girl turned beet red, her eyes filled up, and the tears started. She said she was ok, and whiole we were in the members area, we were not alone, and another guy was shooting a .45. The more HE shot the more she cried. Now just the way I am, PLEASE LADY DONT CRY!!!! Anything BUT tears. She insists she is ok, so I take a few firearms out. She is still crying.

We were there for a half hour, she shed 3 gallons of tears. She INSISTED on shooting, and put all 3 shots on the paper, but would NOT stop crying. She was perplexed as to her tears, AS WAS I, but claims she has ALWAYS been VERY PRO GUN...

It was the shortest range day in my LIFE, and a day I will never forget.

'THERES NO CRYING IN BASEBALL' Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 2:09:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah sort of like if I won the lotto. I'll be crying while driving up to Tallahassee to collect the money. One lump sum please...next stop will be a gunshop. A very well stocked one.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 8:12:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I cry everytime I bring home a new bundle of joy! Oh the tears I will shed when the tommy gun comes home.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 8:44:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 9:26:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I wonder if she would like to go again?
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 9:32:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Just one question....... is she still a virgin???  ....LOL
Ron
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Some womenz just do that CavVet.

At least, that has been my experience.  Just the other night at a ball game our pitcher caught a line drive right between the eyes.

There was this gal in the stands just a boo-hooing and she was not even his wife, sister, mother etc etc.....heck they were not even good freinds so far as I knew....only accquaintances but she was balling her eyes out.

Some cry over babies....some movies.....some during sex (personal experience which will not be elaborated on) and some I suppose some when they experience the awe inspiring power and freedom of shooting a weapon for the first time.

I'd take this gal back and back again if she were willing to go with me.

Goood Luck!

Link Posted: 5/22/2001 9:41:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Something like that happened to me just recently. Where I was there were 3 wommenz crying WITH LAUGHTER at ME during that incident saturday night while waiting to get into that stinking club.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 9:52:38 AM EDT
[#8]
CavVet:

The first time I took my GF to an indoor range, the same thing happened.  It was a combination of her first time shooting a handgun, all the other shooting going on and my idiotic mistake of starting her off with my .45 that did it: tears, red eyes, sobbing, the works.  We were there [i]maybe[/i] 15 minutes tops.

Since then, she has done much better when we're at a friends house and outdoors; and she likes the 9mm better than the .45, but she'll shoot both if I coax her enough. [:)]  Her favorite is the .22 pistol.

Last week I took a new guy shooting.  It was his first time ever for any kind of firearm.  He was very nervous, but at least he didn't cry!  Still, I had to really talk him through it a couple times.  By the end of 100 rounds he was much more comfortable and starting to relax.  Afterwards, he said he didn't know if he was going to make it after the first magazine either.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 10:03:02 AM EDT
[#9]
It is obviously
due to the subliminal messages contained
in programming that is designed to appeal to women. The networks do not have to lose valuable advertising space if they incorporate
"public service messages" into their shows.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#10]
You guys sure know how to show a lady a good time.  My daughter had a friend that had signed up for the Army.  She had no idea what she was getting into.  I took her to my garage with my trusty Red Rider to begin her firearms training.  It worked out ok.  From there we went to 22s and finally an AR15.  At least I didn't think she would shoot herself the first day on the range at basic training.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 10:11:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Hell, maybe she's allergic to gunpowder.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 10:16:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Just a suggestion... some women are really sensitive to loud noises, a lot more than men.  When you're teaching a new female shooter, give her two sets of ears... the "squishy" plugs you stick in your ear, plus the muffs.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 10:53:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Teri Weigel sure isn't afraid of loud noises.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 10:56:36 AM EDT
[#14]
...and make sure she has eye-protection and a hat.  Dark glasses so you can't see her cry.

And no plunging neck-line to allow ejected brass to plop down the front of her blouse.  That'll bring a tear to her eyes!

Now X-kill, since you brought it up..crying during sex!?  You da man!  [>Q]
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 11:30:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Who the heck is Terry Weigel?  (name sounds vaguely familiar)

Link Posted: 5/22/2001 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Was that crying or laughing during sex?
[sex]

Link Posted: 5/22/2001 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Tears of joy. Way to go.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Dirk Pitt:
Was that crying or laughing during sex?
[sex]

View Quote

I always cry after sex... I think it's because of the Mace...
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 1:19:44 PM EDT
[#19]
LOL

Sick, but funny. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 2:10:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

.....some during sex (personal experience which will not be elaborated on)

View Quote

Yeah.....I know........neve really quite knew how to take that.

I first thought [b]"Oh yeah baby....uh huh......whos yo daddy"[/b]

But then I thought "What am I doing wrong".....is it that bad that you gotta cry.....why you crying?  huh?  Why you cryin?

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh...............musta been cause I was DA MAN!

Yeah...thats it...........[sex]

Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:19:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Who the heck is Terry Weigel?  (name sounds vaguely familiar)

View Quote

If you have to ask.........Well never mind.

She has the biggest Pu$$y lips I have ever seen.
I mean you could not even see the girls face she was sitting on.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:23:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I cried the first time I shot an M2 Browning Machine Gun...

[img]http://www.frenchu.com/tpg/pix/M2_BMG.jpg[/img]

...As soon as I had emptied that can of ammo.

[heavy]
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Been taking my 16 year old step-daughter to the range of late. Shoots .45ACP 1911s & 12ga Rem police w/ no tears or hesitation. Kinda scary, actually.
GCF
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:56:25 PM EDT
[#24]
I took my beautiful newlywed wife to my buddies where we have a nice rifle and pistol range, It was one of the best days of shooting I've ever had!!!! She had already taken a nice course of proper gun handling from me the night before, she had never shot anything before and I wondered how her reaction would be!!!! She carefully grabbed on and fired my Colt 380 govt. model with uncanny accuracy!!!! After several rounds she was ready to step it up so we moved to the Springfield Armory 45, she was great!!!! Then we broke out the AR's, she didn't let me down!!!! WHAT A WOMAN!!! I knew on the first date she was the one for me!!!! After 2 miserable marriages I had lost all faith in the PERFECT WOMAN OR relationship, but guess what........ it can happen so never give up IT IS POSSIBLE, great woman and great shooter I AM IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 6:04:39 PM EDT
[#25]
I forgot to tell about my 17 year old and 12 year old and their excellent shooting skills. They have both shot with me since they were old enough to safely able to handle a weapon. Both are very knowledgable about firearms and the SAFE and PROPER handling of them!!!! I'd put them up against most yuonger shooters without thinking twice!!! To top it off their pretty good kids too!!! Damn I'm a lucky guy!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Dummy! She was crying because she had finally found her true love, the meaning of life. Do not piss her off in the future.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 11:11:22 PM EDT
[#28]
take her shooting again, but this time with a BB gun in the backyard away from noise and people. then move up to a 22 rifle or 22 pistol, let her gain confidence and control of her emotions before moving up to larger stuff and public ranges where constant loud blasting is taking place.
doubling up on ear protection is a good idea at indoor ranges.
i think people are doing a dis-service to new shooters (mostly women) by starting them out with anything more powerful than a 22, especially if they have been taught the antigun msg there whole life
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top