Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2001 6:33:10 PM EDT
From the nps.org website:

No firearms or weapons, including state-permitted concealed weapons, are allowed in Yellowstone. However, unloaded firearms may be transported in a vehicle when the weapon is cased, broken down, or rendered inoperable, and kept out of sight. Ammunition must be placed in a separate compartment of the vehicle.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I am afraid no state law can ever supercede a federal law, As per Article 6 of the Constitution, the supremacy clause.

Those buttheads can do what they want!

I bet if we ever do see a national concealed carry program that this will be an included provision.

ron
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe loaded firearms are prohibited in National Parks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:00:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I saw those same signs and didn't unload or disassemble my handgun when I went through Yellowstone. Same with when I drive thorugh Mt. Rainier National Park. Don't do anything stupid and no one but you will ever be the wiser to it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#4]
No Problem!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#5]
No. It is illegal and unconstitutional. It is illegal as it violates that states constitution (the federal supremacy clause doesn't come into effect: while the federal government does own it, it is just another owner in the eyes of state law and the federal constitution. The federals don't have exclusive jurisdiction in that area, only in DC. And they have no power other than standard landlord privileages, subject to state law.)
And it is unconstitutional because it violates the 2nd Amendments prohibition on laws by the federal government to infringe upon the right to keep and bear arms.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:49:41 PM EDT
[#6]
libertyof76, tell them all that as they lock you up.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I really can't see the point of this law.  What purpose does it serve?  Laws are supposedly passed for reasons, do they just think all the natural beauty and wild animals will cause people with concealed weapons to just open up?
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 9:21:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By LARRY G:libertyof76, tell them all that as they lock you up.
View Quote

I would. And I would fight it in court until I won. I don't obey laws I deem unconstitutional. Civil Disobedience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top