Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2001 9:35:03 PM EDT
I took your advice and I went out to a dance club tonight. The line to get in was pretty long and it took about 45 minutes to get to the front of the line.  The guy there tells me to wait and he lets in these 2 guys behind me. So I figure ok, he probably knows them. Then he let's in these 2 couples and still makes me wait. This goes on for like 20 minutes.  I am getting pissed off so ask the guy what the hell the deal is.  He says really loud so everyone can hear "I'm not letting you in because it isn't ugly f*cking losers night!". Everyone waiting to get in starts laughing and saying crap to me.

So now I am back home again sitting here. Thanks for the advice, I had a great time.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:37:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Sheeeit.  
Wrong Club.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#2]
did you remind him that you have a 10/22 and a .38 special and know how to use it
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:38:00 PM EDT
[#3]
That's when you're supposed to mace his ass!
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:39:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you serious?? DAMN!!... lol though...

you outta post a picture of yourself on here..

wait, on second thought, if you are really that ugly, you might get banned from here.. so.. i dunno....
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:41:12 PM EDT
[#5]
If UGLY aint allowed in I guess thats why his ass was on the outside looking in.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Go back, wait outside, and when mr nice guy starts to leave, give him an ugly face to always remember you by.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Never did get into the dance club or bar scene myself, though I know it works for others.

How about trying your luck at a couple different gyms during the week? That way, you get to check out the talent as well as get in (better) shape. The down side to this, of course, is it takes a while to size things up--and to get in shape. Just don't be too obviously leering. Definitely tags you as a loser. Gotta be somewhat stealthy glances. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:56:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Imbro,

Inflatable love dolls.  In your case, perhaps a steel belted radial.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Guy was an asshole. What are you do? Oh well, in my case, I just ignore the whole club scene all together. I figure that God will show me the right one when the time is right. I know what you're going through. Just ignore that asshole. You'll find somebody.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#10]
O.K. guys not so harsh!

I kinda feel sorry for him. I really don't think its that bad he was probably being an A-hole.

I'm reasonably nice looking but i've had it happen to when I younger and less confident.

It'll get better, things can only get so bad then they get better.

BTW not to pick on you, why not post a picture if you can???

Of course you'll probably get some remarks you'll probably not like but take the good with the bad. I think most here are trying to help.

Anyway, give it some thought and don't dwell on the negative things.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 10:41:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I think Imbroglio is BSing us. I think hes 14 years old.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 11:17:39 PM EDT
[#12]
What city are you in, LA??  NYC??  Maybe you just didn't look gay, possibly a requirement if you didn't show up with a hottie under your arm. Forget dance clubs - check out a true American tradition - a ROCK club. Less dykes in those too, and if you do meet someone, you are less likely to discover an unexpected piece of anatomy once you get her(him/it) home. The patrons in general are usually more friendly too (believe it or not).
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 11:21:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What city are you in, LA??  NYC??  Maybe you just didn't look gay, possibly a requirement if you didn't show up with a hottie under your arm. Forget dance clubs - check out a true American tradition - a ROCK club. Less dykes in those too, and if you do meet someone, you are less likely to discover an unexpected piece of anatomy once you get her(him/it) home. The patrons in general are usually more friendly too (believe it or not).
View Quote

True!
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 11:21:31 PM EDT
[#14]
you give some people a little power and.....
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 11:42:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Get a motorcycle, grow your hair long, wear leather, grow a beard. Even ugly bikers get chicks.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 11:54:37 PM EDT
[#16]
He says really loud so everyone can hear "I'm not letting you in because it isn't ugly f*cking losers night!".
View Quote

Maybe you could call the club and ask what night is ugly f*cking loser's night and go back.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 11:54:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Imbrog|io...You are just too much sometimes...LOL

Personnal, I don't think he is B.S.ing us, althought he may stretch the truth at times.  Nor do I think he is 14 because some of the crap he post is just way to well thought out.

Any ways good luck Imbrog|io, I hope you get some soon, but keep in mind the some people are just meant to be single [:)].

sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 1:06:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 1:37:22 AM EDT
[#19]
ImBroglio
(sp)

You Da Bomb  [:p]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 1:47:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Imbrog|io,
If you ever do make it "inside"........go here for advice:  [url]http://maxpages.com/goog/The_Worst_Pickup_Lines_Ever[/url]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 2:33:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Somehow how I just knew this was by Imbrog....
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 7:23:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Sounds like you were visiting CLUB AR-15.com.

Link Posted: 5/20/2001 7:31:01 AM EDT
[#23]
I don't think he's a loser but here is the definitive test.

[url]http://www.curlydavid.com/loser.html[/url]

And had you been lucky enough to get inside, then this may have ended up with this:

[url]www.curlydavid.com/pub.html[/url]

Bow

Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:46:06 AM EDT
[#24]
OK Imbroglio, I may not be doing too hot on the women hunting here in TX, but in Kali I bagged a few in my time.

Here's dealy yo!

First wardrobe:
Like it or not you will need to check out MTV or subscribe to GQ for this.

Next attitude:
(BTW this shit is not working for me so far in TX) Act like you could care less, either about the place you're at or the girls around. But be friendly. Smile say hi. Don't be dejected if there no response. Just think "good I did not want to talk to you anyways, you p**sy probably stinks to hi heaven and is as big as a house"

Lastly:
Never go alone to a "dance club" unless you already know people there like the doorman?security/waitresses/bartender/ more importantly the DJ(read regulars). That's a surefire way of being labeled a loser. A bar yes, but not a dance club!!!!!

Try again bro, this time start at a local watering hole. Then move up to a local bar & grill that has a dance floor. Then get the dope threads on, and hit the "club" BTW drnks are expensive at "dance clubs" so you have to pre-game. That mean having a few before hand. Get a good buzz, so when you get there all you have to do is maintain the buzz(read 1-2 Gin and Tonics)

Remember look money
Think money
cause women at these places flock to money.

Link Posted: 5/20/2001 10:39:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Imbrog|io

I had the same experience!  Went to club with couple of my buddies and they said, no losers in without dates.  How do they expect us to get dates if wecant get inside to find them!  They finally let us in and nothing inside.  They like the lines outside to draw people in.  

One other club also didn't let us in.  The bouncer kept saying it wasn't our crowd.  After last experience we were getting pretty biligerent.  The bonucer was a real nice guy and he pulls me aside and says, there are only guys inside, wink wink. No sweat time to move on.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Couldn't you sue the club for discrimination, and "emotional distress"????

heh
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#27]
I am still pissed off at that a-hole at the door. He looked like that one dick WITH THE GOATEE from nsync and was wearing a gallon of some rancid cologne. I was going to kick the guy in the nuts after his bs comment, but his bouncer boyfriend was standing right there.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 11:15:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Next time go with Geck45 & SPECOPS.  You gotta be the King of that threesome.  Then if anyone messes with you, they will do deadly Mall Ninja stuff on em.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 11:19:49 AM EDT
[#29]
WOWWWWW!!!!!!!!

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=23770#lastPost[/url]
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 4:29:04 AM EDT
[#30]
lordtrader is correct.  Club scene is totally different than any other place. You got to dress to get "Attention" (no camo BDU). The look is very important.  I feel sad for you Imbro. I got the same treatment once, got into a fight with the bouncer, and the next time, he let me in with no question ask.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 5:07:33 AM EDT
[#31]
C-a=t=h=o=l=i=c girl school dances. You`ll score every time. Even ugly losers will find something wet that night.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 5:31:36 AM EDT
[#32]
That was YOU Imbrogl|o?!?!?!!  Why didn't you say something?  Or show the AR15.com secret signal?  Man, I'd have hooked you up!!!

Damn.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 7:16:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Whooooooah, that was some night on the town.

Maybe start with the less frequented establishments like gas stations or even car washes.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 7:25:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That's when you're supposed to mace his ass!
View Quote

Yeah, that will teach those bouncers a lesson, just make sure you can leave the scene quickly and make sure nobody is following you
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 7:30:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Imbrog-I have been to places like that in NYC.  There was no line, just a crowd and some guy picking people out and letting 'em in.  We were fortunate enough to get in without much wait but there were some freaks in the crowd who were getting beligerent.  You didnt miss anything.  Places like that have expensive drinks, high covers, and all the half-decent looking women would rather suck your wallet (dry).  If it looks like a whore and talks like a whore, its a whore.  Thats all you'll find in places like that.  The IQ in those places is also very low.  The best part of going to a place like that is to go with a date.  That way, I get to snub the snotty women.  The only thing keeping the women in places like that popular, is the gold between their legs that men cant help digging for.  Cheer up, dude, you'll never see or need those people again.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 7:42:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I think Imbroglio is BSing us. I think hes 14 years old.
View Quote

I beleive I'll second that opinion.

Door guys do not do that to folks getting into clubs.

They know that customers means money and all that crap.  

You are full of it Imbro.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 7:49:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh yes they do, here's a couple of clubs that do that.

Twin Palms = Newport Beach, CA
(back in the early 90's, they shot Basic Insticnt in this club)City Nights = S.F. CA
The Stock Exchange = L.A., CA mainly has strict dress code bias. Must dressed to impress to get in.
Back in the late 80's there was a club called Florintine Gardens in L.A. that did that as well. They kept you in line and did not let you in till near closing unless you knew people or came in in a nice ride(read 80K + cars) and valet parked.
A few more in the S.F. that I can't think of right now.

Luckily for me I use to DJ, so I knew people and had no trouble getting in
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 7:54:33 AM EDT
[#38]
You should have hit him with a line similar to :

"And here's a guy working as a DOOR MAN at a dance club calling me a looser......wonder how much money he made last year!  and did you have to get special training to be an ASSHOLE!  

Bow
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 8:46:59 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'd second what loadtrader said.  Personally, I have never been interested in night clubs (I used to go to smaller clubs years ago) because I'm more of a mellow type of person who prefers more of a subdued atmosphere. I'd rather be on a date dining on steak and lobster in a nice restaurant and enjoying her company through laughter and intellectual conversation or just being plain silly in our little world.

There was a special shown on tv about night clubs some time ago.  The filming was done at a number of hot night clubs.  Each night club shown had door guys being very, very selective regarding who can be let in the club.  Quite frankly, I couldn't figure out the criteria the door guys were using to determine club acceptance for people in line.  People in line with good looks didn't seem to always work on being allowed in the club.  Best dressed also didn't seem to always give you entrance into the club.  And outrageous appearance also did not guarantee admittance.  It almost seem like they would let you in based the gut feeling they gotten about you and if they like you for some unknown reason.  Although, it seems like anybody with celebrity-status and people who knew somebody who works there can easily gain club access.

Imbrog|io, I would suggest maybe try something else where people will not judge another as quickly and harshly as some people can be at night clubs.  Night clubs reminds me how cruel the world can be.  Although, if you insist on still going the night club route, it seems like lordtrader gave some great advice!    [:)]

Personally, school and the gym are the best places for me to meet chicks.   [:)]

-Just my .02 doggie biscuits worth!

[b]-RoadDog[/b]
 [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/scooby1.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top