[url]www.herald-mail.com/index.html[/url]
"If the vehicle sale fell thru the gun would
not be returned"
I guess they were praying for gunowners with
bad credit to apply.
PISS ON FORD
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 8:57:41 AM EDT
[#1]
LOL! I love it when a gun grab blows up in the grabber's face like that! :)
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:00:50 AM EDT
[#2]
This is how a lot of people learn about media bias though. These folks thought that this "buy-back" would be adored by the community, because they probably get their news from Dan RatherBiased. Imagine their shock when they found out that such was not the case.

Maybe they'll watch FOX News more often now?
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#3]

"If the vehicle sale fell thru the gun would
not be returned"
View Quote

Maybe those folks got a coupon
for a big discount on
Firestone's ATX, ATX II or
Wilderness AT.

Link Posted: 5/19/2001 10:42:48 AM EDT
[#4]
[b]Of the guns collected, those still operational would have been sent to the Maryland State Police headquarters in Pikesville for ballistics "fingerprint" testing, Mades said.[/b]

What, turn in your guns, we'll give you a $1,000 credit on a car, then the guns will be test fired by the police to see if they were ever used in a crime.
Am I reading that right?

BOYCOTT Ford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/19/2001 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#5]
[b]Of the guns collected, those still operational would have been sent to the Maryland State Police headquarters in Pikesville for ballistics "fingerprint" testing, Mades said.[/b]

Isn't that considered self-incrimination?

Bradd

Link Posted: 5/19/2001 11:14:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

BOYCOTT Ford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Quote

Let's not overreact...it was the dealership and not Ford Motor Company who came up with this.

Bradd
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Bradd D:
Let's not overreact...it was the dealership and not Ford Motor Company who came up with this.
View Quote

That may be true, but think of the pressure Ford will put on this dealer if these type of shennanigans cause Ford bad PR or lost sales. This could conceivably even cause a dealer to lose his franchise. I'll bet that a lot of F-series buyers are sportsmen and gun owners and Ford doesn't want anything that might tarnish their image with this crowd.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the part about the gun not being returned if the deal fell thru. Almost sounds like the stealership planning to fuck a few of the locals out of their weapons with the promise of a "deal". I hope this one comes back and bites that Ford stealership in the ass, hard.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#9]
And I thought Californians were stupid.

Link Posted: 5/19/2001 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#10]
[b]
                    Customers who wanted to take advantage of the gun buyback before it was canceled can still get a
                    $1,000 break on a vehicle purchase, Carper said.[/b]

It should be obvious from this that the gun had nothing at all to do with the price of the deal, but was just a public relations gimmick.  Probably more insulting to realize these guys were gun-grabbers without even a moral basis.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Folks, this Ford dealership is in the nice part of Maryland in the mountains away from the cesspools of DC and Baltimore.  However the Ford dealership screwed up, they hired a Bethesda, inside-the-Beltway marketing company which came up with this stunt.  

But I agree--boycott Ford.

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top