Link Posted: 5/19/2001 8:46:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you work for the DEA as well?
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 8:46:27 AM EDT
[#2]
No, but if it was used for pain control,yes
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 8:47:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Here we go.  ATF, pot questions, haven't you been kicked off this board once already?

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 8:58:41 AM EDT
[#4]
can you say "troll"?
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:03:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Here we go.  ATF, pot questions, haven't you been kicked off this board once already?

Nuckles.
View Quote

What!, kicked off, troll?
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:19:01 AM EDT
[#6]
"troll" yupp!

I wouldn't smoke pot for the same reason I don't smoke tobacco. I wouldn't get stoned daily for the same reason I don't drink alcohol.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:21:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't do drugs, nor do I believe that anyone should, yet, I believe we need to end the war on drugs so that we might once again be secure in our possessions.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:24:33 AM EDT
[#9]
What is your problem.  Who am I boyhering.  I just wanted to ask a legitimate question.  I don't do drugs I was just wondering what you would do.  Get off of your high horse and quit making an ass out of yourself.  ATF
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#10]
nope. and it should NOT be legalized either.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:31:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd be more likely to buy it, because right now it costs its weight in gold.  If it were legal it'd cost about as much as a pile of dandelions.

I'd be more likely to buy it, but I'd probably end up doing what I do whenever I buy weed for myself.  Give it away because I find dope tiresome and energy-sapping.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 11:09:57 AM EDT
[#13]
If killing a dealer were a misdemeanor, how many of us would have a record by tomorrow morning.

[smoke][sniper]
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Smoking a little pot is no big deal. It's a plant, and for all you religious folks, your God invented it.

It's amazing how much press time pot gets vs alcohol.

Every hear of anyone smoking a joint and beating their wife? As far as I'm concerned if more people would put down the bottle and smoke a joint instead, we would live in a MUCH friendlier society.

Yeah, there are some damaging effects of smoking pot, but nothing compared to booze. To each their own, and if smoking a joint is something you enjoy, go for it. No harm, no foul.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Pot never bothered me at tall, at tall. It was smoking the crap that messed me up Bad.

Eric The Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If killing a dealer were a misdemeanor, how many of us would have a record by tomorrow morning.

[smoke][sniper]
View Quote

As he pulls another cold one from the fridge. Another "lifestyle" cop.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 11:38:03 AM EDT
[#17]
No because I do not now and I never have done any illegal drugs.  However I do believe that drugs should be legal.  Where in the constitution does it say the FEDERAL government has the duty to regulate what a person puts into their body?  If you go for the interstate commerce clause, then what about people growing it themselves?

The "war" on drugs is one of the most damaging attacks on our liberty this country has ever seen. [:(!]

Link Posted: 5/19/2001 11:44:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Actually, a twelve pack of Bud"weisers" will last me a few months, but I have a sister who had to learn the hard way that a little pot, CAN do a lot of damage.  And if wanting my family and friends to live to see my daughters first words makes me a "lifestyle cop" then let me get my badge.

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/ca/barbwyr/badge2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#19]
M4....Yup...What he said!

alcohol is much worse.....and kills 1000's of people every year including innocents (via drunk drivers).  

The ONLY reason Alcohol is legal is they found out they couldn't stop people from getting it if they wanted it (Prohibition)

And who would support our professional sports teams if not the Bud's of America.  

What a joke.....beer companies are one of the biggest advertisers for Athletic Sporting Events...is that an oxymoron!  

Now I am not saying we should outlaw Alcohol, but I think that weed is no worse (less dangerous IMHO) and crime would go down if they legalized it.  And they sure as hell have not put a dent in the flow of it.  

Prohibition teaches us that.  

The Government has learned to profit from this as well as the dealers.
They confiscate anything associated with a bust and then auction it off for the money.  Problem is the big Dealers know this....and could care less if the Gov. takes a few planes, boats, cars, homes and bank accounts every once in awhile.  They know there is enough for all.  In the mean time, some young kid buys a bag and gets busted, and now he gets to learn about jails and boyfriends.  His life is forever changed because of an indiscretion.  Its a shame.  

Bow

......................now where's that brownie mix!  
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 12:08:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Actually, a twelve pack of Bud"weisers" will last me a few months, but I have a sister who had to learn the hard way that a little pot, CAN do a lot of damage.  And if wanting my family and friends to live to see my daughters first words makes me a "lifestyle cop" then let me get my badge.

[img][/img]
View Quote

"One man's pleasure is another's poison"

Sorry about your sister, but isn't that the same argument they are using on use regarding guns.  You know...... my friend got killed by a GUN,  therefore outlaw guns, Guns kill!

Now replace guns with weed.

My sister got screwed up (or died for that matter) because of weed.  Therefore weed is bad, Outlaw weed!  

Your sister has to take full responsibility for her addiction and her actions.  Do you really think that weed was why she's the way she is now, or was it merely the tool she choose (one of many available)?

Bow
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 12:18:52 PM EDT
[#21]
For each his own.....
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 12:26:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Nope all it does to me is make me sleepy and hungry. I am like that normally anyways, so I don't see the reason paying for something that makes me feel the way I am normally. That, and I don't see how people would want to feel the way they do on pot. I have friends that do it, and all they do is sit around or do childish stuff when they smoke it.

Don't get me wrong I'm no preacher here, I've done my fair share of drugs in H.S. and College. I was never into downers though. Now uppers are another question. At least you can be productive with them: Clean the house, cram for an exam, be more outgoing, drink as much as you want and not get drunk....etc. Great for weight loss.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#23]
No.  I have a hard enough time getting my ass off of my velcro couch as it is.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The problem with legalizing pot is that after awhile it won't be enough. Then the pot smokers will want a buzz like they got when they started smoking pot. Not everyone because some people have good self control. Just like not everyone who drinks is an alcoholic. The easier it is to get..the more people will try it. And in that group will be someone who can't say no to pot,hash,crack,heroin,meth,etc,etc. I see them everyday. If drugs didn't exist..there wouldn't be 1/3 of the crime there is today.
View Quote

Bullshit. The "pot is a gateway drug" line is the one of the biggest lies in the war on drugs.

In response to the initial question, no I would not. I would probably smoke it rarely if ever, let alone daily. I just don't like the idea of inhaling hot (or cold) foreign particles into my lungs. If others want to do it, that's just fine with me as long as they pay for their own medical care.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#25]
apparently, marijuana dealers aren't always non-violent--see link

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/05/19/nyregion/19POT.html
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 12:57:34 PM EDT
[#26]
SHYT,ID TWIST ME UP A FATTY SO FAST MY FINGERS WOULD BE SMOKING.THE LAWS ARE FUKKED UP.WEED NEVER HURT ANYBODY,BUT IV SEEN CRACKHEADS DOING ANYTHING AND I DO MEAN ANYTHING FOR THAT NEXT ROCK.MY EX LEFT HER KIDS AND EVERYTHING ELSE I THOUGHT SHE LOVED FOR IT.THE LAW IS FLYING AROUND IN COPTERS SPENDING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS LOOKING FOR SOMEBODYS STASH,AND THEY ALREADY KNOW WHERE THE CRACKHOUSES ARE,BUT WONT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.SEEMS A LITTLE BASSACKWORDS TO ME.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 5:28:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Not daily, no.  Socially yes.  Pot is not evil like other drugs.  Like booze, it will be abused.  Smoking the shit made me stupid and lazy.  Even if it were legal, I wouldn't want to live like that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If I ever did...... I [b]would[/b] inhale !
View Quote

[size=4]and would keep it all inside![/size=4][;)][;)][;)]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 6:07:25 PM EDT
[#29]
I dont know about that, Since I've stoped, my gun collection has really grown. All that money into better investments. I had a lot of money go up in smoke and "now" I find out it was Illegal. Shucks, I would have never...........
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#31]
I know a lot more people who have died of alcohol abuse than weed abuse, however for you daily smokers, winding up like Tommy Chong would scare me straight.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Good Question, ATF.
I, personally, would not.  Not because "pot is the tool of the devil" or "weed is a gateway drug".  I've smoked marijuana socially on 3-4 occasions, got marginally high maybe once.  I won't live any less happy if I never touch the stuff again, as I prefer a good dark lager over weed anyday [beer]

Will it affect me or my friends/family if green is legalized?  Most probably not.  I am a firm believer that alcohol is a more dangerous thing to get "high" off of, and that smoking cigarettes is an exponentially greater addiction to kick, not to mention slowly but surely killing you year by year.  Pot can be kicked fairly easily, and it doesn't destroy your body like cigarettes do.  Now, I'm not endorsing pot, nor am I criticizing it.  I for one solemnly believe that there would be much greater good banning alcohol or cig's over marijuana (although there'd be a lot of responsible drinkers out there, like me, who would be purely pissed).  I.E., there are a whole lot worse things one can do to his/herself than getting "high".

Ban it, legalize it, make the American flag out of hemp for all I care, won't hurt me none.  I'll just be sitting here typing on the forums and drinking my Lite beer...

[i]because anytime is Miller Time[/i]
Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#33]
While I have not indulged in the stuff for many years, and as well I am really not a drinker, I still believe that everyone should have a choice.  Public education discussing the effects of drug use IMHO is the best approach.  I do not sniff paint cans, drink antifreeze, or swallow whole bottles of sleeping pills just because they are legal and I think that most drugs should have the same status.  When we "outlaw" them, their appeal grows, and the crime associated with prevention is increased.  Just look at what Prohibition did....or didn't do.  

There was a couple specials on the History Channel [url]www.historychannel.com[/url] recently discussing weed, coke, heroin, and some others.  Did you know that coke was one of the "wonder tonics" @ the turn of the century.  Coke Cola.....used the stuff in their drink and hence the name.  

Heroin was once legal too.  According to the specials, the Heroin came from China where it had been used for centuries.  The Chinese men in California started giving this stuff to white women in exchange for sexual favors.  
The public (mostly powerful men) became outraged and soon the Gov. reacted.  The Government finally passed some type of "registration law" banning the use and or distribution of the drug (something to do with prescriptions and tracking them).  Anyway, the first 5000 arrests were Doctors who were sent to prison.  This Registration law has been used as the foundation to ban all modern day drugs that society and/or government deemed evil.  

Here is a link to the tapes with a summary of the topic "Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way"  [url]http://store.aetv.com/cgi-bin/ae.storefront/0/Ext/OutsideFrame/UT/32/Product/42997[/url]

It may be available at local rental shops and I would imagine that if you search in the "what's on the TV schedule" it may be shown again in the near future.  

Bow  
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:31:11 PM EDT
[#34]
I agree, it should be a matter of choice.  Educating people about the long term affects of the drug should be top priority.  I don't use drugs, but experimented earlier in life.  I equate the downside of pot to be similar to drinking in that excess is very damaging.  The harder drugs seem to be the real culprit in terms of destroying lives, and the solvents and glues that are in household products are too easily accessible to young people (what are we supposed to do, ban all these cleaners?).

Education in any subject is the key.  Even banning something cannot make people stop using it.  If people are told the exact effects these chemicals will have on them, backed-up with pictures of long-time abusers (deaths maybe), and keep it on levels they will understand, what more could we do?

Some people will never respect what they are taught.  They might not listen, at least at first, but maybe they will feel the effects and recognize them early enough to back-out.  Maybe they will watch someone they know ruin their lives for the sake of drugs and decide not to be like them.  Maybe they will lose a close friend and wake-up.  Some people will always have to learn the hard way, but we can't change that either.  All we can do is give it to them straight.

Others may enjoy them socially and be fine with that.  As long as they are aware of what could happen, and its not destroying those depending on them, I guess that's fine with me.

Kind of off the topic, but in my mind the whole drugs in the USA thing is all about money (of course!).  What's everyone else's opinion of where siezed drugs go.  I just don't know if I truly can believe that 100% of it is destroyed.  We all know that there is corruption out there (please stay objective LEO's, I'm not trying to insult anybody).

Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
apparently, marijuana dealers aren't always non-violent--see link

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/05/19/nyregion/19POT.html
View Quote

Gosh, and nobody ever claimed that Al Capone was nonviolent, either.  Pot dealers are just like any other smugglers -- they're in it for a fast buck.

Pot SMOKERS, on the other hand, are a hell of a lot safer to be around than alcoholics, and THAT drug is sold and consumed with the state's blessing in almost every city, town, and back alley in the USA.  An indian reservatin here in Washington recently tried to ban alcohol sales, and the state took 'em to court to block their ban.

Get rid of the profit potential on pot, which is entirely because of the legal status, and you'll put the violent drug dealers out of business.  And the potheads will do what potheads have always done -- smoke a fattie and act silly for a while, then go out and devour a bag of Doritos. [beer] [smoke] [bounce]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:45:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If I ever did...... I [b]would[/b] inhale !
View Quote

[:D] yep
if u want to smoke dope go ahead
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Been there - done that.  Back in the '70s I smoked enough herb to last 10 people 3 lifetimes. I have tried almost every drug at least once.  I have not lit up in 20 years and don't plan to again.  I have better things to do with my cash and my time.

Fighting a war on drugs is a big waste of my tax dollars.  You can't force somebody to quit unless they really want it. I never met a crack head that couldn't get a hit if he had the cash. "If you think we can win the war on drugs, you are high".
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 10:49:10 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm pleased to see the clear thinking on this board. Legalize it all.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 11:23:10 PM EDT
[#39]
sucking smoke into your lungs is unhealthy and an un-natural act -- your body coughs to get it out of your system, coughing wouldnt happen if smoking was supposed to happen

i had one pot smoker who said he been smokin it for 25 years and was NEVER gonna stop. pot smokers also come up with the neat little phrases to help legitimize what they do as OK, he said "man made booze, God made pot, who ya gonna trust?" i think he needs to quit smoking since the fermentation process is a natural act so God created alcohol too
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 2:08:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top