Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 5/19/2001 7:51:07 AM EDT
Hey I am new to Portland, sort of, lived here until '81 and now i'm back, were are the good gun shops, and shooting ranges? Your help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 8:07:07 AM EDT
For good gun shops... there aren't any. There are however, some guns to be had at NW Armory, The Gun Broker (2, count 'em, 2 locations), Keith's in Gresham, and, well, that's about it. For a goof, check out The Gun Room in SE. Kesselring's up North of Seattle is the only one I've heard good about. For ranges, there are several 100-200 yd facilities. For longer yardages, try Tri County or Douglas Ridge.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 6:32:03 AM EDT
Yes, Keith's Sporting Goods is probably the best gunshop in the area. I bought a P226 there for $550 a couple of years ago. NW Armory in Milwaukee used to be pretty good also but I havn't been there for over a year. For ranges, try the Tri-County Gun Club in Sherwood([url]www.trgc.org[/url]). It's AR friendly and holds a Practial Rifle competition on every second Saturday of the month([url]www.practicalrifle.com[/url]. On the east side, try the Douglas Ridge Rifle Club on Estacada Hwy. Spambo
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 7:22:06 AM EDT
Good guys guns is not too bad a place to go, but it is in Salem (on Silverton road I think). Their prices are generally competitive, but Keith's on Victory is still probably the best. He used to sell those Elcan scopes for $650, and no sales tax in Oregon....
Top Top